LH OEM Kona Blue Louver - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
LH OEM Kona Blue Louver

I have a 2011 Kona Blue GT Brembo that I'm adding side window louvers too.

I bought a new OEM RH Kona Blue rear window louver on EBay from fdaccdepot. However, I can't seem to find a OEM LH Kona Blue louver. Any help any finding the LH would be greatly appreciated. On the other hand should I buy the primed LH and just paint it myself?

Anybody else in this situation?

Thoughts?

David
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagerlach
I have a 2011 Kona Blue GT Brembo that I'm adding side window louvers too.

I bought a new OEM RH Kona Blue rear window louver on EBay from fdaccdepot. However, I can't seem to find a OEM LH Kona Blue louver. Any help any finding the LH would be greatly appreciated. On the other hand should I buy the primed LH and just paint it myself?

Anybody else in this situation?

Thoughts?

David
I ordered mine from some guy on ebay that sells them oem half price, my car is black, i painted them, just havent had any time to put them
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #3

Thanks OzzyLiriano. The best price I can find right now is a primed louver at $86.63. I purchase the RH painted louver for only $26.00 including shipping.
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i got both louvers for 30, plus 20 for half a pint of paint so i can paint the side scoops which i got for 90, just need a light sand to take off the paint.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Thanks OzzyLiriano. The best price I can find right now is a primed louver at $86.63. I purchase the RH painted louver for only $26.00 including shipping.
They have them on ebay for 30 oem, just look good i just saw them
Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #5

OzzyLiriano, I found a pair for $57, but they aren't OEM Ford louvers. If you found OEM can you send me the link on Ebay?

Thanks,

David
Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OzzyLiriano, I found a pair for $57, but they aren't OEM Ford louvers. If you found OEM can you send me the link on Ebay?

Thanks,

David
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=30851654125

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

This guy has everything, look at his ebay store
Old 10-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #7

That's the company I bought the original RH louver from. Unfortunately, he doesn't carry the left. I guess FORD bought to many RH Kona blue louvers.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #8

Well, I broke down and bought a LH primed louver. So, now I need to paint the louver. Any recommendations? Who should I buy the paint from. Kona Blue and clear coat.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I broke down and bought a LH primed louver. So, now I need to paint the louver. Any recommendations? Who should I buy the paint from. Kona Blue and clear coat.
Take it to the paint shop lol
Old 10-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #10

Think I'm gonn paint it myself. Wish me luck. I haven't fingered painted in years
Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #11

I finally got around to taking my LH louver to my local paint shop. Should have it done in a day for $50 they claim.

Something the shop told me that I did not know....The said that L6 Kona Blue has different color shades. They wanted my VIN number to get it perfect. Anybody ever here this? Maybe different paint vendors?

David
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #12

Got my painted louver this week. Compared the color to the other and.... Well, there is a difference between the Ford OEM L6 Kona Blue and the paint shops L6 Kona Blue based on my VIN. I haven't decided which one matches better But they both are different. The paint shops blue seem darker. I'm sure I'm the only one who will notice.

I think the bottom line to this experience is to buy a set a primed parts and have them painted to your satisfaction if you're a perfectionist.

On a side note, while I didn't think the side windows gave me any additional visibility, I actually found myself realizing today that I used that little view through the side window as I was backing out of a parking spot.

David

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT