11'+ difference - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
11'+ difference

As I was looking to buy new springs I noticed some would say they need new shocks/struts and and gt500 strut mounts in order for them to fit correctly. Is this due to springs made specifically for a 11' do not need this but a spring made for a 2005'+ needs new shocks/struts strut mounts in order to work? mounts in order to fit?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Sorry for that last confusing bit. That's what I get for posting from my phone.
Rip_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
All of the springs are interchangeable, as are the struts. The strut mounts have different bolts and few manufacturers make struts for the 11+ strut mounts. The reason everyone jumps for the GT500 strut mounts is because these are the ones that fit the car as well as 05-10 struts

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
All of the springs are interchangeable, as are the struts. The strut mounts have different bolts and few manufacturers make struts for the 11+ strut mounts. The reason everyone jumps for the GT500 strut mounts is because these are the ones that fit the car as well as 05-10 struts
I think the 11+ springs are ever so slightly different, but can be coerced into working on an 05-10 strut mount, and vice versa. MM has some info on this on their site:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...oducts_id=1400
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My understanding is the strut shaft is a different diameter & thread length on '11+. Either Maximum Motorsports or Vorshlag has some good side-by-side pictures showing the difference. I was under the impression that the springs were all the same.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
My understanding is the strut shaft is a different diameter & thread length on '11+. Either Maximum Motorsports or Vorshlag has some good side-by-side pictures showing the difference. I was under the impression that the springs were all the same.
The struts are known to be different. I thought the springs were the same as well, but Maximum Motorsports has a good track record of knowing what they're talking about. I'll take their word over my assumptions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT