Ford Racing Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
757WhiteGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 22
Ford Racing Supercharger

Ive got a 2013 gt it is an automatic which I know many will disagree with. But anyways I was just wondering why the supercharger that ford racing makes is for manual transmissions only. Is it because the automatic cant handle that much horsepower ?
757WhiteGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Don't actually know the answer to that but I do know its not cuz it can't handle the power. The auto is proving to be the superior of the two trannies and seems to be handling plenty of power just fine.
Black5.0 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Call ford racing and they will tell you exactly why
garbill2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
odd, no idea why they do manual only, I am sure there are kits that are for both but.... the warranty wont beheld as it would with the Ford version
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
odd, no idea why they do manual only, I am sure there are kits that are for both but.... the warranty wont beheld as it would with the Ford version
Iam sure it has something to do with the computer and the transmission did you try googling it?
garbill2003 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
If I had to take a WAG at it, I would say that it's because FRPP doesn't want to write tunes for the auto trans. It's more than capable of the power levels put down by the FRPP blowers. I'd be more worried about the manual grenading at 624HP than the auto.

Is there a reason you want the FRPP blower other than warranty? They're honestly not a great value otherwise.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charged13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
If I had to take a WAG at it, I would say that it's because FRPP doesn't want to write tunes for the auto trans. It's more than capable of the power levels put down by the FRPP blowers. I'd be more worried about the manual grenading at 624HP than the auto.

Is there a reason you want the FRPP blower other than warranty? They're honestly not a great value otherwise.
Why is a FRPP blower not a great value?
Charged13 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13

Why is a FRPP blower not a great value?
Wayyyyy overpriced and the tunes are garbage. Other companies make better tunes while still safe.
JG5.0 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charged13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0

Wayyyyy overpriced and the tunes are garbage. Other companies make better tunes while still safe.
Your telling me that if you had the money, you wouldn't buy a 13 put that baby on, full warranty, all the while being a sleeper!
Charged13 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13

Your telling me that if you had the money, you wouldn't buy a 13 put that baby on, full warranty, all the while being a sleeper!
No... I would get a unit that gives me a better value for my money. Warranties are overrated, never had one last very long
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13

Your telling me that if you had the money, you wouldn't buy a 13 put that baby on, full warranty, all the while being a sleeper!
Having never purchased a 'new' car I will say no, because if I can afford a 13' premium GT then throw 7k at it for a blower I'd likely just put the $$$$ down on a GT500 and have the best of all of it.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

No... I would get a unit that gives me a better value for my money. Warranties are overrated, never had one last very long
Agreed, I think my warranty lasted 6 months before I started modding lol. Get a tvs or a Paxton, more efficient for motor and wallet
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charged13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 64
I would you to find a gt 500 that is sold for less than 60+, last time I checked track pack, premium 5.0 comes with more options as well as half the price of a gt 500, if you can find one cheap enough!!

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Mine will be done by the end of next week! I will show you how beautiful my polished pack full warranty is.
Charged13 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13

Your telling me that if you had the money, you wouldn't buy a 13 put that baby on, full warranty, all the while being a sleeper!
I got a sleeper that put down 560rwhp with nothing else done to the motor or exhaust for 5k while running a really safe conservative tune sent with the kit. I've seen some guys dyno the 624hp kit and let's say I didn't live up to its numbers or cost.
JG5.0 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13
I would you to find a gt 500 that is sold for less than 60+, last time I checked track pack, premium 5.0 comes with more options as well as half the price of a gt 500, if you can find one cheap enough!!
When I looked at a 12' premium it was $39-$40k, I'm sure the price did not drop for 13'.. Then add $7k for the blower and you are talking about a $50k GT.. 'IF' I could afford to drop that on a GT I would go after the GT500.. More power and is the fastest factory mustang-- if 'if's and buts' were candy and nut oh what a Christmas it would be...
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

When I looked at a 12' premium it was $39-$40k, I'm sure the price did not drop for 13'.. Then add $7k for the blower and you are talking about a $50k GT.. 'IF' I could afford to drop that on a GT I would go after the GT500.. More power and is the fastest factory mustang-- if 'if's and buts' were candy and nut oh what a Christmas it would be...
I wouldn't buy a new Shelby regardless, used ones with 10k or less always pop up. Old people buy them, get tired of them or sell for a new one. It's like getting a new car and not worrying about the depreciation!
JG5.0 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0

I wouldn't buy a new Shelby regardless, used ones with 10k or less always pop up. Old people buy them, get tired of them or sell for a new one. It's like getting a new car and not worrying about the depreciation!
I'm not going to buy any new car, ever if I can help it.. There is just no value in it IMO
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
anthonyrc618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

When I looked at a 12' premium it was $39-$40k, I'm sure the price did not drop for 13'.. Then add $7k for the blower and you are talking about a $50k GT.. 'IF' I could afford to drop that on a GT I would go after the GT500.. More power and is the fastest factory mustang-- if 'if's and buts' were candy and nut oh what a Christmas it would be...
Hmmm I hear a lot on here that you can put less money into a gt and make is faster than a gt500. That's what I heard though so could be false
anthonyrc618 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
7k plus install. I'm sure ford isn't too cheap on labor. Also, I thought you gave up your factory warranty with the 624 kit? Is the engine warrantied under frpp then?
Black5.0 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
757WhiteGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
If I had to take a WAG at it, I would say that it's because FRPP doesn't want to write tunes for the auto trans. It's more than capable of the power levels put down by the FRPP blowers. I'd be more worried about the manual grenading at 624HP than the auto.

Is there a reason you want the FRPP blower other than warranty? They're honestly not a great value otherwise.
I'm not locked in on the FRPP Blower. I was just worried that there was some reason that they didn't do it for the automatic.
757WhiteGT is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
wereKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
When I looked at a 12' premium it was $39-$40k, I'm sure the price did not drop for 13'.. Then add $7k for the blower and you are talking about a $50k GT.. 'IF' I could afford to drop that on a GT I would go after the GT500.. More power and is the fastest factory mustang-- if 'if's and buts' were candy and nut oh what a Christmas it would be...
You got that right .
wereKEV is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
757WhiteGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 22
And my GT is the base model with the Auto being the only option. Out the door I paid $27,800. And I'm looking for down the road in a couple months for putting the supercharger on there. It is my daily driver and I sit in a ton of traffic thats why I opted for the auto. Any suggestions on what other blowers are good?
757WhiteGT is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
You could get the roush charger, they advertise that it keeps the full factory warranty
Coreyw428 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
wereKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 1,863
I have a 06 gt with a vortech supercharger and an auto trans and it is my dd I have no complaints.
wereKEV is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charged13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 64
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-778457391.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	71986

Out the door with full warranty, 624 hp, FRPP suspension, short throw, FRPP axle backs, recaros, track pack, premium 5.0, the blower is the polished whipple, Michelin pilot ss 295's, all for 49,170. But thanks for playing
Charged13 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charged13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 64
Find me a better deal on a car from the dealership! With a full warranty!!!
Charged13 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757WhiteGT View Post
And my GT is the base model with the Auto being the only option. Out the door I paid $27,800. And I'm looking for down the road in a couple months for putting the supercharger on there. It is my daily driver and I sit in a ton of traffic thats why I opted for the auto. Any suggestions on what other blowers are good?
All depends what you want. Are you looking for an out-of-the-box kit that's tuned by the manufacturer, or are you looking for a tuner kit that can be tuned and have pullies swapped for more juice?

Also, you should set aside a bit of money for suspension and tires. None of the stock offerings are going to stand up to 600+ HP.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13

Out the door with full warranty, 624 hp, FRPP suspension, short throw, FRPP axle backs, recaros, track pack, premium 5.0, the blower is the polished whipple, Michelin pilot ss 295's, all for 49,170. But thanks for playing
Lol, who lied and told you that you still have full warranty? They'll tell you anything nowadays
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #29
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Lol, who lied and told you that you still have full warranty? They'll tell you anything nowadays
Now why did you have to go and pull his string to make him start talking again?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Now why did you have to go and pull his string to make him start talking again?
Because he's acting like his car still has a warranty lol.

Btw, racing voids the frpp warranty on any product they sale. Not to mention the lower s/c only comes with a 12/12 warranty on the drivetrain. Also, sure hope your damage isn't over 5k in parts and labor, that's all they pay.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charged13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 64
I don't have to lie! Call Todd Kaess southwest ford 817-597-4272. Or look up the one they already have built. Look up on YouTube southwest ford 624 hp 2013 5.0.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Because he's acting like his car still has a warranty lol.

Btw, racing voids the frpp warranty on any product they sale. Not to mention the lower s/c only comes with a 12/12 warranty on the drivetrain. Also, sure hope your damage isn't over 5k in parts and labor, that's all they pay.
Make sure to call!!!

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13
I don't have to lie! Call Todd Kaess southwest ford 817-597-4272. Or look up the one they already have built. Look up on YouTube southwest ford 624 hp 2013 5.0.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------



Make sure to call!!!
I am off today, I will be here waiting!!
Charged13 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13
I don't have to lie! Call Todd Kaess southwest ford 817-597-4272. Or look up the one they already have built. Look up on YouTube southwest ford 624 hp 2013 5.0.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------



Make sure to call!!!
No one is saying you are lying.. He is saying the dealer lied to you in an attempt to sell you........
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Just called, said he's gonna have to check, wasn't sure.

He seemed upset that someone from mississippi was calling him...
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Just called, said he's gonna have to check, wasn't sure.
when he calls back tell him you read it on the Internet so it has to be true.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charged13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 64
I have bought 15 trucks for my ranch from them! Don't need to explain my self anymore. It's a shame y'all can't be happy for somebody. Other than a bunch of **** talk!!! ****ing joke
Charged13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.