Stock hood - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Stock hood

So im thinking about getting a new hood. Probably the stalker from cervini but im wondering wht people have done with the stock one.. Is there a market for it, or should i just hang it on my wall in my garage haha
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well, put it on ebay, sell it for scrap, or save it if you decide to sell your car, and maybe get another one of same body style. I dont think there in high demand. I can only think of hell damaged, or salvaged victims. Try junkyards.. I keep all my parts just in case.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt
Well, put it on ebay, sell it for scrap, or save it if you decide to sell your car, and maybe get another one of same body style. I dont think there in high demand. I can only think of hell damaged, or salvaged victims. Try junkyards.. I keep all my parts just in case.
I keep all my stock stuff too other than my rims cuz i got 600 for them.. But a hood takes up a lil more room in the garage then some mufflers haha

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Also idc what anyone says ur doors are cool man. Its not ricey when Lamborghini does it haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks on the doors. Slide the hood under your bed, lol. I would honestly probably check local junk yards and just dump it. too big to keep in my garage.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Im sure some V6 owners would jump all over it on eBay.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Im sure some V6 owners would jump all over it on eBay.
Hmm never noticed they have a different hood? Normally when i see a mustang and its a v6 i pretend its not there... Anything other than the 2011 and up is a shameful buy imo.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5

Hmm never noticed they have a different hood? Normally when i see a mustang and its a v6 i pretend its not there... Anything other than the 2011 and up is a shameful buy imo.
A body shop may be interested.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5

Where I live 95% of v6 owners are women. The few men that own them always look ashamed when they see/hear me haha.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Where I live 95% of v6 owners are women. The few men that own them always look ashamed when they see/hear me haha.
Lol i have had v6 try me in stop lights and with straight pipes so it sounds super loud, i guess they think noise equals to HP.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Lol i have had v6 try me in stop lights and with straight pipes so it sounds super loud, i guess they think noise equals to HP.
Same as people when I rape them off the line but drive past me doing 60 in a 35 think they are cool. Like if I didn't wanna keep going I wouldn't still be winning.

Anyway on topic, I bet you could sell your hood for a decent amount. Specially if it is in good shape.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Pretty rude to v6 owners guys.

Ford Racing CIA, X-Pipe, GT500 Takeoffs, Bama Tuned, X-Charger and Intercooler.
Tyrannax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannax
Pretty rude to v6 owners guys.
Honestly... No one was trying to sugarcoat it... Ive grown to except v8 automatics but v6 ill never agree with
Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5 View Post
Honestly... No one was trying to sugarcoat it... Ive grown to except v8 automatics but v6 ill never agree with
Unfortunately this is how I feel.

Had a really nice looking black 5.0 mustang parked next to me at work when I left yesterday. Black, hood scoop, blacked out lights, CS valence, nice spoiler, magnaflow exhaust. I walked out with a buddy saying it was a nice mustang, until I looked inside and saw it was an automatic.

All I could do was sigh haha.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Without V6's this forum would not exist. Economies of scale. 95% of the parts are the same, so higher production numbers means lower per unit cost.
3 reasons to like the V6.
1. Usually driven by chics, and some of those are hot. Good excuse to wave, honk or roll down the window (say 'nice car' even if u don't think so
2. If there were no V6's, we'd (gt owners) be the lowest end of the spectrum
3. We can afford the v8s because the sixers subsidize our habits
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Not sure I'd say 95%
Jrsgrabber50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Unfortunately this is how I feel.

Had a really nice looking black 5.0 mustang parked next to me at work when I left yesterday. Black, hood scoop, blacked out lights, CS valence, nice spoiler, magnaflow exhaust. I walked out with a buddy saying it was a nice mustang, until I looked inside and saw it was an automatic.

All I could do was sigh haha.
Funny, i had a coworker that had a 4.6 black mustang he parked his car next to mine. I asked him if it was auto or stick, he said automatic. I casually walked over started my car and moved my car away from his, i was just messing with him he couldnt take a joke at the time we had just gotten off a 14 hour work shift. Rest of the co workers thought was hilarious as did i.
2012Vader5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Vader5.0 View Post
Funny, i had a coworker that had a 4.6 black mustang he parked his car next to mine. I asked him if it was auto or stick, he said automatic. I casually walked over started my car and moved my car away from his, i was just messing with him he couldnt take a joke at the time we had just gotten off a 14 hour work shift. Rest of the co workers thought was hilarious as did i.
hahaha. That is funny.

I know people hate me when I say it, but it really doesn't take anywhere near the same level of skill to drive an automatic as a stick. I know, I've driven autos, you put the gas pedal down, and hold on. The car does the rest. There is no fethering the clutch, or the gas, or having to decide what gear to go into, it is just punch the pedal and go. Manuals require much more skill, even then, some people that drive manuals, still drive them terrible.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

hahaha. That is funny.

I know people hate me when I say it, but it really doesn't take anywhere near the same level of skill to drive an automatic as a stick. I know, I've driven autos, you put the gas pedal down, and hold on. The car does the rest. There is no fethering the clutch, or the gas, or having to decide what gear to go into, it is just punch the pedal and go. Manuals require much more skill, even then, some people that drive manuals, still drive them terrible.
I think it takes more practice than skill to drive a manual well...after a lot of practice it kinda becomes just second nature...also don't hate on automatics because they almost certainly faster at the track....maybe not quite as fun but certainly faster....also I hate driving my gt500 in bumper to bumper traffic that's when I wish I was driving my old "automatic" 11' 5.0 lol...there are certainly pros and cons to both
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85

I think it takes more practice than skill to drive a manual well...after a lot of practice it kinda becomes just second nature...also don't hate on automatics because they almost certainly faster at the track....maybe not quite as fun but certainly faster....also I hate driving my gt500 in bumper to bumper traffic that's when I wish I was driving my old "automatic" 11' 5.0 lol...there are certainly pros and cons to both
I agree and dont. There are some people like my uncle, who has had his 350Z since it came off the lot new in 2004 and in an hour i was already out driving him in his own car that he has been driving for years. Some people just never will drive manuals well. Just like no matter how hard I practice I won't ever be able to do what Toby hawk does. Not that good at skateboarding. I don't doubt an automatic will have faster track times, but it also isn't as skilled required. When driving a manual you have a higher chance of human error. Automatics you rely a lot more on the car. I rarely am in bumper to bumper traffic, but I agree it isn't fun, at the same time you didn't buy the car because it was easy to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. If you did, you might have got the wrong car .
Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

When I bought an SS a couple year back, I chose the auto because there was a significant difference in 0-60 (0.4 seconds).
I've never seen a documented difference on the auto vs manual 5.0, so got the stick forte fun factor.
Are you guys referring to the consistency of the auto, or does someone have documented proof of a difference? Stock is 4.3, car mags are hitting it and te tests I've seen we're manuals from what I recall.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
When I bought an SS a couple year back, I chose the auto because there was a significant difference in 0-60 (0.4 seconds).
I've never seen a documented difference on the auto vs manual 5.0, so got the stick forte fun factor.
Are you guys referring to the consistency of the auto, or does someone have documented proof of a difference? Stock is 4.3, car mags are hitting it and te tests I've seen we're manuals from what I recall.
Autos R faster on the drag strip but they arent any faster on an autocross or road course. Autos are good at one thing, going straight and being lame.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
'13s SST works well. Not as fast as DCT, but once tuned the response is greatly improved. I ran a local auto x and did well with it.
Purely talking fun factor, manual wins.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT