Bassani and driveshaft has begun - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Bassani and driveshaft has begun

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-82057739.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	72352
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Envy on the drive shaft. Cannot wait to replace mine.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 24
What kind of driveshaft did you choose? I'm very interested how it turns out. I'll be ordering mine soon just have to figure out what company I'm going to go with.
Bluebaretoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Driveshaft will wait till Saturday. Axle backs were super easy except one hanger but it got done. Videos to follow in a few.

Very quiet at an idle, in love with the sound at WOT. Not the loudest, but quality loud.

Did a short drive, could not find the drone I read about
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
elnegro5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Delaware
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
Driveshaft will wait till Saturday. Axle backs were super easy except one hanger but it got done. Videos to follow in a few.

Very quiet at an idle, in love with the sound at WOT. Not the loudest, but quality loud.

Did a short drive, could not find the drone I read about
Awsome, I was woundering about the drone. Can't wait for the videos
elnegro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Here is the video. iPhone... Sound isn't great



---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebaretoe
What kind of driveshaft did you choose? I'm very interested how it turns out. I'll be ordering mine soon just have to figure out what company I'm going to go with.
Went with the American muscle one. No brand on the box

Another thing. No big bulky oval box behind the valence. Very clean look.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
I sure love bassani,...I've never been able to get any other exhaust for my muscle cars.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
Here is the video. iPhone... Sound isn't great



---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------



Went with the American muscle one. No brand on the box

Another thing. No big bulky oval box behind the valence. Very clean look.
Sounds good!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
elnegro5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Delaware
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Sounds good!
+1
elnegro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
SoildRRaxle,

Sounds great! I love Borla exhaust for any Mustang really. The tone is just right with a stock mid-pipe and Borla axle-back or cat-back!

Enjoy it!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
SoildRRaxle,

Sounds great! I love Borla exhaust for any Mustang really. The tone is just right with a stock mid-pipe and Borla axle-back or cat-back!

Enjoy it!

Shane
Thanks Shane. I'm in the market for a suspension next. Adjustable frpp is likely, but let me know ur thoughts on what's out there
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Kind of a bump here. I had borla before and this is definitely better. A little burble/rasp, but it is very track and u can only here it when you romp on it. Borla was much louder at idle, but didn't change as much to the race-type sound that bassani does. Still no drone but I will be doing a long drive in the next two weeks to meet up with the wife I fired for my son. Will post on the possible drone.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
Kind of a bump here. I had borla before and this is definitely better. A little burble/rasp, but it is very track and u can only here it when you romp on it. Borla was much louder at idle, but didn't change as much to the race-type sound that bassani does. Still no drone but I will be doing a long drive in the next two weeks to meet up with the wife I fired for my son. Will post on the possible drone.
What borla did u have? Thinking about changing from bassani to borla.
drewzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewzx3

What borla did u have? Thinking about changing from bassani to borla.
I had the catback s type. More drone with that than the bassani. A week in, it seems they are getting a little louder but still not the low drone I heard (outside the car) with the Borla.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Thanks Shane. I'm in the market for a suspension next. Adjustable frpp is likely, but let me know ur thoughts on what's out there

I'm assuming you're referring to adjustable LCA's? If that's the case, I'm a really big fan of Whiteline's adjustable LCA's. They have top notch equipment and one of the most affordable top tier suspension companies out there. We recently setup our 2011 GT auto with all of Whitelines suspension products, from adjustable LCA's, UCA's, Pan-hard bar, relocation brackets, etc. Bottom line is, I will use all of their equipment on my next Mustang Project car. You really can't beat their product between price and quality.

If you have any questions about their components or anything else, let me know!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

I'm assuming you're referring to adjustable LCA's? If that's the case, I'm a really big fan of Whiteline's adjustable LCA's. They have top notch equipment and one of the most affordable top tier suspension companies out there. We recently setup our 2011 GT auto with all of Whitelines suspension products, from adjustable LCA's, UCA's, Pan-hard bar, relocation brackets, etc. Bottom line is, I will use all of their equipment on my next Mustang Project car. You really can't beat their product between price and quality.

If you have any questions about their components or anything else, let me know!

Shane
Thanks. I meant the FRPP suspension pack.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:41 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.