the 15 would have what if you were ford? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I feel that based on the released concept photos and the desire to sell the car in Europe is where the euro styling comments are coming from. If they can sell the car in europe and it's still a bad *** Mustang, then that's awesome. I want them to continue to improve performance and looks, I just don't want a vehicle that loses the Mustang references and becomes a eco boost 4 banger FWD with no V8 RWD option. I have supported Ford with new car purchases for the last 17 years and will continue. I've seen them go off the pavement a few times and hopefully the 2015 will be super bad ***. But we'll have to see!!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
I just don't want a vehicle that loses the Mustang references and becomes a eco boost 4 banger FWD with no V8 RWD option.
Does anyone honestly believe that is going to happen?
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
You can thank your president for causing the 4 cyl mustang. His fuel mandates together with rising fuel prices gives ford no other choice. You might be thankful however when gas goes over $8/gallon.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
Does anyone honestly believe that is going to happen?
It almost happened with the Ford Probe. That was going to replace the Mustang. So now we are going for international. It may not happen, hopefully not. But don't forget that it was going to happen in the late 90's

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5

Euro super cars have v12 twin turbos..
Not all of them. Porsche Boxters have 6 cylinders, as well as most Lotuses. The only super cars with big engines are the larger vehicles, such as Lamborghini and Ferrari.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Ford has never held a stick to ferrari...they never made the GT40, or GT44...

Why s everyone stuck on an arbitrary idea that Ford is now making a ricer or euro car? It is sad we call a euro car something lite, powerful, and good.

Someone here compared a BMW sedan to a Fusion. Umm. Do you know the difference between front wheel drive and rear? Which BMW do you mean?

And at the end of the day, Ford is becoming a company one wants to buy. Ford, GM and chrysler used to be United States producers that were considered junk, and cheap. But a quality car easily compares to Infiniti, Lexus, Benz, so on. The differences become minute. "Oh, I chose the M56x over the MKS awd. Why? The silver shavings in the special wood cut for the interior." I would never buy an Audi for the electrical systems. Everyone I know who has had one will never buy again, when it goes, the car is not worth repairing. The BMW people complain about quality. Luxury now is Lexus, Infiniti, Benz, then Lincoln and Acura.

Ford is closing the gap between "I got a Ford because I can afford it" and "I was going to get another car, but it wasn't $xxxxx.xx better than the Ford."

Now I am not arguing Ford is the hands down best ever. But since the late 90s, Ford has been trying to make a paradigm. They have been working hard, and we are reaping what they sowed. They are now ranked with Toyota in quality, and look pretty good, to me. No one has to like them, but if Ford makes a good car that is powerful, fuel efficient, reliable, and a decent price, then I am not going to complain. They would have to work pretty hard to ruin the looks so bad to stop sales.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

+1
Actually, Ford tried to buy Ferrari, and when Enzo Ferrari turned him down, Henry Ford wrote a blank check and told his team to build something better than a Ferrari. The result was the GT40, which WAS better than the Ferrari racer of that time. And then in 2005 they made the Ford GT to celebrate the GT40, and the GT was ALSO better than any Ferrari that year. I don't know why you said they've never held a stick to Ferrari, or that they didn't build the GT40, because they did both of those things.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ford cant compete with audi and the likes of the euros in a sports car. Theyll fall short everytime. Fact is fords dont appeal to the euros, euros appeal to americans. Would u rather own a bmw sedan or a fusion? Same category, of course bmw costs more but its also worth more. Ford would have to step there game up to compete thus letting dodge and chevy take over the average american market. 18-35k. It just wont work. They are gonna try and make the 15 look more euro, but they are going to lose alot of americans in the process and not gain enough foreigners.
Okay, no. The Ford Fusion is in no way the same class car as any BMW sedan.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations View Post
Okay, no. The Ford Fusion is in no way the same class car as any BMW sedan.
You're making his point. So the fusion isn't the same class, not even the 1 series? So he is right, american cars will never compete in europe. I would say that the ZR1 or Z06 should be able to sell some cars in europe, at the price point that it's at compared to Lambo's, etc. Europeans are too snooty to buy American cars. But nobody seems to want to believe that. They'll buy the little econo's, but not anything considered luxury or touring.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not all of them. Porsche Boxters have 6 cylinders, as well as most Lotuses. The only super cars with big engines are the larger vehicles, such as Lamborghini and Ferrari.
The Boxster isn't a super car.

Quote:
Actually, Ford tried to buy Ferrari, and when Enzo Ferrari turned him down, Henry Ford wrote a blank check and told his team to build something better than a Ferrari. The result was the GT40, which WAS better than the Ferrari racer of that time. And then in 2005 they made the Ford GT to celebrate the GT40, and the GT was ALSO better than any Ferrari that year. I don't know why you said they've never held a stick to Ferrari, or that they didn't build the GT40, because they did both of those things.
Yep, that pissed Henry off a bit. The high point: 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

Euro super cars have v12 twin turbos..
Haha, name one European supercharged that has a twin turboed v12 stock... The biggest engine Lamborghinis and ferrari uses are 6.4l v12s... The challengers engine is that big. Most of Europes true performance cars without the big names like Ferrari and Lamborghini have smaller engines (like turboed 6s).
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Sometimes this site really frustrates me. Especially when people quote something without knowing what it is talking about. I said Ford can not hold a stock to Ferrari because of the person I quoted. They said that, and then I brought up those two examples. Before you decide to criticize please read the whole story. This multiple page thread is more than one or two posts. My exact point was those two examples. The GT44 still holds a stick to current performance cars. Not saying Bugatti or Aventador, but it is still a force to be reckoned with stock, let alone modified.

And it is stupid to compare any current production BMW and the Fusion. So, we want to compare a BMW with a Fusion. What front engine, front wheel drive BMW is there? I am not talking similar size or price even, let's just talk drive train. Hmm. None?

And what car in production right now has a twin turbo v12? I can not think of one. Maybe some off goofy company like SSC, but to my knowledge none are, regarding mass production from known names regarding pure performance cars.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

You're making his point. So the fusion isn't the same class, not even the 1 series? So he is right, american cars will never compete in europe. I would say that the ZR1 or Z06 should be able to sell some cars in europe, at the price point that it's at compared to Lambo's, etc. Europeans are too snooty to buy American cars. But nobody seems to want to believe that. They'll buy the little econo's, but not anything considered luxury or touring.
Are you high? The fusion is a European car! Its called the mondeo there and it's a best seller. They're great cars. Also, Ford has a huge chunk of the compare and supermini classes with the same focus and fiesta (albeit with different engines and options) they sell here. The Ford transit is also one of the best selling vehicles of all time in Europe. Ford doesn't sell in Europe? Time to get your head out of the tinfoil hat and into a more accurate view of the world...
Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Are you high? The fusion is a European car! Its called the mondeo there and it's a best seller. They're great cars. Also, Ford has a huge chunk of the compare and supermini classes with the same focus and fiesta (albeit with different engines and options) they sell here. The Ford transit is also one of the best selling vehicles of all time in Europe. Ford doesn't sell in Europe? Time to get your head out of the tinfoil hat and into a more accurate view of the world...
My point was towards the other post. He said that Ford can compete in Europe and then said that you can't compare the fusion to other european cars.
Now to your point, which you so eloquently make. I never said that Ford can't sell cars in Europe. You don't read all of the comments and then freak out with some stupid tinfoil hat comment. (actually tin foil hasn't used since the late 1900's, it's aluminum foil). The fusion is not sports or muscle car. I'm not sure about your method of classifications, but I don't think that the Ford Transit is a muscle car either.
The muscle or sports or super car market is whole different animal in Europe. There is no reason to be a jackass about it, either.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Ford has never held a stick to ferrari...they never made the GT40, or GT44...

Why s everyone stuck on an arbitrary idea that Ford is now making a ricer or euro car? It is sad we call a euro car something lite, powerful, and good.

Someone here compared a BMW sedan to a Fusion. Umm. Do you know the difference between front wheel drive and rear? Which BMW do you mean?

And at the end of the day, Ford is becoming a company one wants to buy. Ford, GM and chrysler used to be United States producers that were considered junk, and cheap. But a quality car easily compares to Infiniti, Lexus, Benz, so on. The differences become minute. "Oh, I chose the M56x over the MKS awd. Why? The silver shavings in the special wood cut for the interior." I would never buy an Audi for the electrical systems. Everyone I know who has had one will never buy again, when it goes, the car is not worth repairing. The BMW people complain about quality. Luxury now is Lexus, Infiniti, Benz, then Lincoln and Acura.

Ford is closing the gap between "I got a Ford because I can afford it" and "I was going to get another car, but it wasn't $xxxxx.xx better than the Ford."

Now I am not arguing Ford is the hands down best ever. But since the late 90s, Ford has been trying to make a paradigm. They have been working hard, and we are reaping what they sowed. They are now ranked with Toyota in quality, and look pretty good, to me. No one has to like them, but if Ford makes a good car that is powerful, fuel efficient, reliable, and a decent price, then I am not going to complain. They would have to work pretty hard to ruin the looks so bad to stop sales.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

+1
Very well said!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

This thread is full of ****.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolly5.0
So ford is going global with the mustang and competing with europe. What would ford have to do to compete with bmw/audi/jag etc. Most companies have some of this already.
Heads up display
Heated/cilled cupholders
Push button start
Paddle shifter
Hardtop convertible
Irs
V6/v8/turbo
Recaros
Brembos
Sync
Mycolor
Pony dor lights
Automatic start
Glass rooftop-retraketable
Sunroof
Im a die hard mustang fan but love some of these options that the mustang lacks. What would you like to see on the new 15 that would give europe a run for there money?
A flux capacitor. : )
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="claudermilk"]

You're right. But the 911 GT3 RS also has a naturally aspirated straight 6. And that is a super car.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the point: Ford is going to sell the Mustang in Europe, and it will do fairly well. It's not going to dominate the market, because its going to be a foreign sports car, and they already have great sports cars, so why buy an American one? And maybe it will do better than I expect, but there's no need to get the 1966 Le Mans race involved, because that's utterly irrelevant. It's going to happen, so why not just wait and see what happens, instead of having a history recital? I'm sure someone will pick apart this post and make me look like an ***, but so be it.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Here's my two cents: they can try to make in Europe, but if they don't make them over there, which they won't, it will be to expensive to compete with its equals, it will be in the price bracket as much better cars. Mustangs started as fast cars that were affordable, but that has been lost. If they make it look "euro" it will just take away from it. A mustang is an affordable American muscle car and if they try to change it, they will ruin it. It might be nice, but it won't be a mustang. They should just put it under the SVT name.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations
Here's the point: Ford is going to sell the Mustang in Europe, and it will do fairly well. It's not going to dominate the market, because its going to be a foreign sports car, and they already have great sports cars, so why buy an American one? And maybe it will do better than I expect, but there's no need to get the 1966 Le Mans race involved, because that's utterly irrelevant. It's going to happen, so why not just wait and see what happens, instead of having a history recital? I'm sure someone will pick apart this post and make me look like an ***, but so be it.
I agree with that.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Taylorations;1378610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

You're right. But the 911 GT3 RS also has a naturally aspirated straight 6. And that is a super car.
Sigh. No, it doesn't. No Porsche has had a straight six. It's a flat six. All 911's have had flat sixes (the 912 is the one with the 4, FYI). I do agree it moves into super car territory. But, the Boxster and 911 are totally different cars--yes I know the original Boxster borrowed a lot of 911 bits. That was years ago.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Meant flat, my apologies.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

The point I'm trying to get at, is that not all super cars have huge, twin turbo V12s.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Correction, no* euro super cars have twin turbo V12s. Stock anyway.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I am tired of making enemies with fellow mustang lovers, arguing about the 2015 model.
Here's what we know:
There will be a 2015 Mustang
We all want a badass Mustang that we can afford
We all want the fastest Mustang we can afford
Ford wants to introduce more globally accepted cars on a universal platform

Here's what we don't know:
If Ford will deviate so far from the Mustang cues that it will be unrecognizable.
If a universal euro mustang will emerge and appeal to the US and europe.

So we have wait and see and start the fight all over again when the actual model is released. So if I pissed anyone off, sorry. I'm saving my ammo for camaros and challengers.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Didn't read everything, but from my understanding, Ford is going to utilize its Lincoln branding to over take these "euro" cars. I don't see them using the mustang to do this.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
First off. I said super car. Not a boxster or something else. A super car. If ford wanted to compete, the fusion, or sho would have to compete with the bmw sedan and audi a class. The mustang would have to hang with the likes of a s4 or m5 and the gt500 would have to be a 100k car. Making it a super car. Not a v6 porsche sells to old men. If ford wanted to compete they would have to compete with every category or they will jus be overshadowed as they are now.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
This thread is full of ****.
Canada.. Always canada
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
First off. I said super car. Not a boxster or something else. A super car. If ford wanted to compete, the fusion, or sho would have to compete with the bmw sedan and audi a class. The mustang would have to hang with the likes of a s4 or m5 and the gt500 would have to be a 100k car. Making it a super car. Not a v6 porsche sells to old men. If ford wanted to compete they would have to compete with every category or they will jus be overshadowed as they are now.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Canada.. Always canada
Except they aren't dominated in every class now. The Mondeo out sells the 3 series easy. I know its cheaper but you rank cars by utility. The Mondeo isn't as good to drive as the 3 series but it does offer more utility to a lot of people. I don't know why you would say Ford is overshadowed. Their products are cheaper and more available to the masses. But that's like saying costco is inferior to Ralph Lauren. I will try to find some European sales figures after this week from hell is over. Oh and as for the canadian comment I don't know what your problem is. But if you need me to come down there and burn the white house down again, you'll have to elect a Republican first.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="Edens5"]First off. I said super car. Not a boxster or something else. A super car. If ford wanted to compete, the fusion, or sho would have to compete with the bmw sedan and audi a class. The mustang would have to hang with the likes of a s4 or m5 and the gt500 would have to be a 100k car. Making it a super car. Not a v6 porsche sells to old men. If ford wanted to compete they would have to compete with every category or they will jus be overshadowed as they are now.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ----------What super car has a twin turbo v12?
Why do you expect a front wheel drive car to be considered a close rival to a rear wheel drive car?
Why does the GT500 have to compare to a saloon car? I never really saw the GT500 A's a grocery getter, myself.
So, your definition of super car bases on price range? I am now selling my v6 for 130k...is it a super car now?
If Ford wants to compete in Europe, they will produce something Europe does NOT have.

Are you serious dude?
If five people are selling chocolate ice cream, and you come over and want to sell ice cream, would it be more successful to try to compete in a saturated market, chocolate, or release something new, different, and just as satisfying, like vanilla?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #62

Back to hat this was supposed to be, i believe for 2015 Ford should offer a V6 and V6 turbo. Also a V8 and a factory turbo or supercharged option as well as throwing independent suspension in all models.
Chapps97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapps97
Back to hat this was supposed to be, i believe for 2015 Ford should offer a V6 and V6 turbo. Also a V8 and a factory turbo or supercharged option as well as throwing independent suspension in all models.
+1
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Atta boy
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, they need more stock performance in the V6's, because it seems like once people find out I'm driving a V6 they're always like "Oh, it's just a V6?" Like V6s are irrelevant.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations

I agree, they need more stock performance in the V6's, because it seems like once people find out I'm driving a V6 they're always like "Oh, it's just a V6?" Like V6s are irrelevant.
I think 300+hp v6 Mustangs are the most relevant you'll get. Those cars are almost as fast as GT's were up until the 3v(faster than non-pi 2v GTs..). The whole point of the V6 model is affordability. Slap a turbo on it and there isn't a base model in the low 20's anymore.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #67
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
*notice*
everyone needs to tone down on the rude comments or this thread will be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
*notice*
everyone needs to tone down on the rude comments or this thread will be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to verify that this notice wasn't being directed at me..
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #69
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

I'd like to verify that this notice wasn't being directed at me..
No one in particular. It just started getting a bit warm in here.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Good. Making sure I didn't come off as abrasive, I tend to do that on accident.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT