Sorry, another suspension thread... Need exp advice here - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sorry, another suspension thread... Need exp advice here

Car will see track days, but also streets. not a dd

I posted this before (found it in my search), but didn't get enough response to actually help me decide. Also reading everything I could in the last month that came up here and elsewhere but really just getting conflicting reports.

I want a great suspension. This is, IMO, the only real weakness in the mustang. I have $3k to throw at parts and labor ( don't have a lift or 3jacks).

I want the drop with springs AND struts. I want panhard, sub frame connectors, sway bars, I want a new strut tower brace, and finally I need LCAs.

Haven't heard all positive on eibach long term on the springs. They are also low-range in price which does concern me when coupled with the few negative things I have heard. I may be wrong there but basically let's just say no eibach.

FFRP seems good but no panhard, no strut tower brace and no LCAs for about 1500.

Hotchkis is strongly recommended, but no struts or shocks and they are $2k. Definitely buying the sub-frame connectors though. Lowering the car, the struts and shocks are worki g outside their designed optimal range so that is a no-go.

Is there no all-around package? If not, what is the best peiced-together package I can do?

Really appreciate any/all constructive feedback here.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Late model restauration sells a frpp kit for 1000 that includes the adjustable shock and springs with gt500 camber plate. Good kit
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=207

I think this covers almost everything
Grove2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
American Muscle sells suspension parts as well. Springs, Shocks & coil-overs, Anti-roll and sway bars, Subframe connectors, Panhard bars, Strut tower braces, everything you need.

2010-13 Mustang Suspension

They have good descriptions and videos to help you decide how you want to modify your suspension.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #5

Region: Florida

yeah right..it covers most of what you are looking for.
redclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you aren't getting the info you want in the forums (and there is a TON out there), I'd call up BMR and Sam Strano (though keep in mind he would really prefer you to buy parts from him after spending time on the phone with him). Also, have you looked over at S197Forums? They are pretty serious over there & have a ton of good information and knowledgeable users.

I am still in the research phase myself, but right now am looking hard at Koni yellows, Steeda Sports, Fays2 Watts link, camber plates (MM or Vorshalg), and Strano's sways to start. I'm also looking at Solo II STX & ESP rules to stay class legal (i.e., no LCA relo brackets ).
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grove2504

I think this covers almost everything
Other than lca's, this is it. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hey man I just done mine and have done susp mods to my performance cars for 28 years.It constantly evolves. When you get right down to it the most important question is what are you wanting out of or planning to do with car. If like me regardless you just want quality **** if it just sits around to be looked at....lol !! But really IMO BMR is the king in many areas of susp. stuff. USA and good stuff! Spohn has some good stuff. Sometimes alot depends on what the car is.Some are focused on GM more so while others may be on everybodys car. Talking about subframe connectors......BMR! Some cars according to body style design need them more than others.You must have some big plans! LOL! I like to stick with one good company alot but I always end up with 4-5 damn companies under my car.But Thats because I found what I want. For sure keep us posted as you throw the thousands at it. If you gonna spend big then spend big and do right if you that lucky to do so. I would do my homework on the struts/shocks you use.I was going Koni STR.T with this box down below my feet with new GT500 strut mounts. But nope drives good and love it.So, I am gonna save for the yellow sport adjustables or whatever comes out hotter if price is within expected. I Had BMR Lca's. Adjustables. QA1 solid ends.Teflon lined. Same as used by BMR track stang. Man no way would you want to have a DD with them.NO WAY! POLY sucks B/C they split. Especially manual. One time with slicks heated and leave at 6000 and there f*cked.Only few buck but all the BS. So I still went with a POLY "TYPE" and Delrin. Man I never hear them and no grease fittin.Just applied the grease in the indicated places and bolted up.Do follow TQ specs.I have about any bolt TQ spec you want under these cars.If you need some info I get it to ya Makes the difference in all this stuff being right. You need a good one or ANYTHING PM me.I am a tool man for a living. I am mobile and serve automotive places of my choosing.Trucks like Snap-on,mac,matco,cornwell are my competitors.Anyway I leave that alone but I used BMR relocation brackets and am amazed at how good "CHE" Lca's are. I mean you know damn good and they make a neat feature to attach the brake cable in a clean way.Trying to decide on UCA or not for now. Man don't put bunch of money in PH bar. Throwing it away. Just get a good bar thats adjustable.If it comes with a straight grease fitting (it will...unless you go loud solid ends) holla and I will mail you 2 45 or 90 degree fittings to swap out those straights that will make ya cuss. Alot of guys who have the straights and are not happy may not know this or not but they make and I sell a fitting that adapts to a grease gun and essentially makes it a no problem deal.Like a 90 buy using this fitting.Good company makes it too. Anyway,Love susp. stuff since I just done mine or still doing things and love it. Keep us posted and if I can help just holla. Later
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Hey man I just done mine and have done susp mods to my performance cars for 28 years.It constantly evolves. When you get right down to it the most important question is what are you wanting out of or planning to do with car. If like me regardless you just want quality **** if it just sits around to be looked at....lol !! But really IMO BMR is the king in many areas of susp. stuff. USA and good stuff! Spohn has some good stuff. Sometimes alot depends on what the car is.Some are focused on GM more so while others may be on everybodys car. Talking about subframe connectors......BMR! Some cars according to body style design need them more than others.You must have some big plans! LOL! I like to stick with one good company alot but I always end up with 4-5 damn companies under my car.But Thats because I found what I want. For sure keep us posted as you throw the thousands at it. If you gonna spend big then spend big and do right if you that lucky to do so. I would do my homework on the struts/shocks you use.I was going Koni STR.T with this box down below my feet with new GT500 strut mounts. But nope drives good and love it.So, I am gonna save for the yellow sport adjustables or whatever comes out hotter if price is within expected. I Had BMR Lca's. Adjustables. QA1 solid ends.Teflon lined. Same as used by BMR track stang. Man no way would you want to have a DD with them.NO WAY! POLY sucks B/C they split. Especially manual. One time with slicks heated and leave at 6000 and there f*cked.Only few buck but all the BS. So I still went with a POLY "TYPE" and Delrin. Man I never hear them and no grease fittin.Just applied the grease in the indicated places and bolted up.Do fellow TQ specs.Makes the difference in all this stuff being right. You need a good one or ANYTHING PM me.I am a toll man for a living. I am mobile and serve automotive places of my choosing.Trucks like Snap-on,mac,matco,cornwell are my competitors.Anyway I leave that alone but I used BMR relocation brackets and am amazed at how good "CHE" Lca's are. I mean you know damn good and they make a neat feature to attach the brake cable in a clean way.Trying to decide on UCA or not for now. Man don't put bunch of money in PH bar. Throwing it away. Just get a good bar thats adjustable.If it comes with a straight grease fitting (it will...unless you go loud solid ends) holla and I will mail you 2 45 or 90 degree fittings to swap out those straights that will make ya cuss. Alot of guys who have the straights and are not happy may not know this or not but they make and I sell a fitting that adapts to a grease gun and essentially makes it a no problem deal.Like a 90 buy using this fitting.Good company makes it too. Anyway,Love susp. stuff since I just done mine or still doing things and love it. Keep us posted and if I can help just holla. Later
That's the short answer! Lol.

Just kidding. Great info from BIAS.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Hey man I just done mine and have done susp mods to my performance cars for 28 years.It constantly evolves. When you get right down to it the most important question is what are you wanting out of or planning to do with car. If like me regardless you just want quality **** if it just sits around to be looked at....lol !! But really IMO BMR is the king in many areas of susp. stuff. USA and good stuff! Spohn has some good stuff. Sometimes alot depends on what the car is.Some are focused on GM more so while others may be on everybodys car. Talking about subframe connectors......BMR! Some cars according to body style design need them more than others.You must have some big plans! LOL! I like to stick with one good company alot but I always end up with 4-5 damn companies under my car.But Thats because I found what I want. For sure keep us posted as you throw the thousands at it. If you gonna spend big then spend big and do right if you that lucky to do so. I would do my homework on the struts/shocks you use.I was going Koni STR.T with this box down below my feet with new GT500 strut mounts. But nope drives good and love it.So, I am gonna save for the yellow sport adjustables or whatever comes out hotter if price is within expected. I Had BMR Lca's. Adjustables. QA1 solid ends.Teflon lined. Same as used by BMR track stang. Man no way would you want to have a DD with them.NO WAY! POLY sucks B/C they split. Especially manual. One time with slicks heated and leave at 6000 and there f*cked.Only few buck but all the BS. So I still went with a POLY "TYPE" and Delrin. Man I never hear them and no grease fittin.Just applied the grease in the indicated places and bolted up.Do follow TQ specs.I have about any bolt TQ spec you want under these cars.If you need some info I get it to ya Makes the difference in all this stuff being right. You need a good one or ANYTHING PM me.I am a tool man for a living. I am mobile and serve automotive places of my choosing.Trucks like Snap-on,mac,matco,cornwell are my competitors.Anyway I leave that alone but I used BMR relocation brackets and am amazed at how good "CHE" Lca's are. I mean you know damn good and they make a neat feature to attach the brake cable in a clean way.Trying to decide on UCA or not for now. Man don't put bunch of money in PH bar. Throwing it away. Just get a good bar thats adjustable.If it comes with a straight grease fitting (it will...unless you go loud solid ends) holla and I will mail you 2 45 or 90 degree fittings to swap out those straights that will make ya cuss. Alot of guys who have the straights and are not happy may not know this or not but they make and I sell a fitting that adapts to a grease gun and essentially makes it a no problem deal.Like a 90 buy using this fitting.Good company makes it too. Anyway,Love susp. stuff since I just done mine or still doing things and love it. Keep us posted and if I can help just holla. Later
I've read this three times and every time walk away from it thinking I am over my head. Lol, I greatly appreciate the words of wisdom tho. This certainly helps. Spoke with HPP here in Texas today and going to send him my laundry list and get his quote and advice. If you don't mind, will be PMing u to bounce a question or two off of you. Especially about "poly 'type'".
I want to bring it to the track, but this would be a first for me. Competing a little, just to have something to do on the weekends. I love the idea of fixing the only issue on this car and making it a true contender to anything that pulls up. Even if I don't see them at the track on Saturday.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
I've read this three times and every time walk away from it thinking I am over my head. Lol, I greatly appreciate the words of wisdom tho. This certainly helps. Spoke with HPP here in Texas today and going to send him my laundry list and get his quote and advice. If you don't mind, will be PMing u to bounce a question or two off of you. Especially about "poly 'type'".
I want to bring it to the track, but this would be a first for me. Competing a little, just to have something to do on the weekends. I love the idea of fixing the only issue on this car and making it a true contender to anything that pulls up. Even if I don't see them at the track on Saturday.
LOL!!! I hear ya man! I still scratch my head at what I am gonna do or want to go with next.Just enjoy it whatever you do.Thats what its all about. And yeah man holla if I can ever help.If I dont know I am one of those that will tell ya I don't. LOL! Take care.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

What did you decide?
Grove2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Haven't yet. Speaking with hpp here in Texas. Sent them a list of parts and need to call him back.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Opinions on my choice?

Just emailed the shop with my wish list and requesting a quote. Anything I missed or should add?

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=201

Plus CHE LCAs

Appreciate any input here
Old 11-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Opinions on my choice?

Just emailed the shop with my wish list and requesting a quote. Anything I missed or should add?

2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | Handling Performance Packages | HPP001 - Handling Performance Package, Coupe (Level 1) | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

Plus CHE LCAs

Appreciate any input here
Man thats a lot to spend on suspension. You should be able to cut some corners with that setup.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. Waiting to hear what he says... If every single part is 'necessary' and he suggests more I may reconsider that shop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT