Ford maintenance plan - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ford maintenance plan

Does anyone else have the maintenance package? I had a squeeling sound coming from my rear end turned out to be the brake pads worn down to the metal. I drove it to the dealer and they said something about the brakes being covered til 20000 km? My car is at 32000 right but I was reading online ad it says it covers everything a doesn't say the mileage it covers it up to. Anyone else have this problem or could tell me more about it?
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
Does anyone else have the maintenance package? I had a squeeling sound coming from my rear end turned out to be the brake pads worn down to the metal. I drove it to the dealer and they said something about the brakes being covered til 20000 km? My car is at 32000 right but I was reading online ad it says it covers everything a doesn't say the mileage it covers it up to. Anyone else have this problem or could tell me more about it?
I have it because my dad made me take it , he cosigned and paid gave me a small amount of money on the car.

My understanding was it goes as long as you paid for warranty on your car. My car is covered for 5 years or whatever the mileage was, and the plan covered that same time/mileage.

Brake pads are something they do cover. I was mainly down with it because they covered the clutch.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I have it and my understanding is that it covers every brake part except the pads

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I just called the dealer that I bought it from in anther town and they said it covers everything including the pads. The dealer that's in my city is the biggest one and is also known to be the worst for dealing business of any kind.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I have it and my understanding is that it covers every brake part except the pads
Doesn't make sense that the rotors are covered and the pads are not. Normally when your done to nothing on the pad the rotor normally needs replacing too or to be machined at least.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It's covered under fmpp from what ford corporate has told
Old 10-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
I just called the dealer that I bought it from in anther town and they said it covers everything including the pads. The dealer that's in my city is the biggest one and is also known to be the worst for dealing business of any kind.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Doesn't make sense that the rotors are covered and the pads are not. Normally when your done to nothing on the pad the rotor normally needs replacing too or to be machined at least.
I don't disagree with you but when I bought mine that's what I was told

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I know I'm just letting everyone know here just in case someone gets the run around from another dealer
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I got the largest run around with my ESP the dealer even told me that I needed to bring my signed paper work.

I think the dealers are taking credit for the warranty work and billing the customer.. Or they need to retrain their service managers and advisors
Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had the same problem on my 2012 gt.. Dealer said Thats a wear item that isnt covered
mcseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I had to go through it for like an hour pointing out the sign they had for it saying brake pads rotors and clutch disc. I think they do that in hopes of you they are right and they can get extra money. I told them I didn't pay 3 or 4 grand for plan that just covers oil changes.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Ya I had to go through it for like an hour pointing out the sign they had for it saying brake pads rotors and clutch disc. I think they do that in hopes of you they are right and they can get extra money. I told them I didn't pay 3 or 4 grand for plan that just covers oil changes.
+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT