How hard to install an xpipe? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
How hard to install an xpipe?

I'm getting a xpipe next week and just wondering if I could install in my driveway with jacks?
Mustang32Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
It can be done but it's much better on a lift.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
It can be done but it's much better on a lift.
Any experience with the magnaflow tru x xpipe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill View Post
I'm getting a xpipe next week and just wondering if I could install in my driveway with jacks?
Man a lift and you will only cuss half as much.Ramps or driveway period you will be a ill MF before its all done.The magnaflow is pricey and IMO UPR is a good way to go.Be sure you have all the correct tools when you do and to make life easier spray all points with zep or something at a minimum of several hous before starting.I have do it and have put my catted X back months later.If you do not have the right tools and want to buy some good stuff with lifetime warranty PM me.I am a tool man and my truck is loaded with what you need.Be easy on 02 sesors.dont cross thread puttin in.Spray the thread area of them too.You can get by but I would is a 02 socket. GL man. Whats the rest of ur exhaust?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Man a lift and you will only cuss half as much.Ramps or driveway period you will be a ill MF before its all done.The magnaflow is pricey and IMO UPR is a good way to go.Be sure you have all the correct tools when you do and to make life easier spray all points with zep or something at a minimum of several hous before starting.I have do it and have put my catted X back months later.If you do not have the right tools and want to buy some good stuff with lifetime warranty PM me.I am a tool man and my truck is loaded with what you need.Be easy on 02 sesors.dont cross thread puttin in.Spray the thread area of them too.You can get by but I would is a 02 socket. GL man. Whats the rest of ur exhaust?
I'm getting it off of a friends friend for $150 that's the only reason I'm getting magnaflow lol but I have some cat deletes that I may throw on as well just not sure yet and I have slp loudmouth ab on now.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill View Post
I'm getting it off of a friends friend for $150 that's the only reason I'm getting magnaflow lol but I have some cat deletes that I may throw on as well just not sure yet and I have slp loudmouth ab on now.
No if it can be had then get the X he's got.Those delete pipes are piece **** unless you don't mind welding.clamping don't work like descibed. Thing you need to look at is your existing pipe size vs. pipe size of magna X. What year model car is your find selling it off of? You already know what tools and best way to take yours off? So your over axle pipes are what. I think u are saying its all stock except slp AB. Just be sure on size and fitment and what year car he bought that X. Look to see if its the exact same as one on sites for the coyote
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
No if it can be had then get the X he's got.Those delete pipes are piece **** unless you don't mind welding.clamping don't work like descibed. Thing you need to look at is your existing pipe size vs. pipe size of magna X. What year model car is your find selling it off of? You already know what tools and best way to take yours off? So your over axle pipes are what. I think u are saying its all stock except slp AB. Just be sure on size and fitment and what year car he bought that X. Look to see if its the exact same as one on sites for the coyote
The x is 3in but where the over axle pipes connect its smaller
Old 10-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Hardest install part on mine was getting the passenger side bolt of the cat.

You will need a 15mm flex head socket, about 28" of extension and a wratchet.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy
Hardest install part on mine was getting the passenger side bolt of the cat.

You will need a 15mm flex head socket, about 28" of extension and a wratchet.
I may not take the cats off yet.. So how hard just for the x?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill

I may not take the cats off yet.. So how hard just for the x?
Shouldn't be terribly hard. Depends on how many miles you have on your car I guess? I couldn't get the 02 sensors off without taking the cats and h pipe off.

Then again. Going through 1 winter with that fake salt stuff and 12000 miles made mine a total pain.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Shouldn't be terribly hard. Depends on how many miles you have on your car I guess? I couldn't get the 02 sensors off without taking the cats and h pipe off.

Then again. Going through 1 winter with that fake salt stuff and 12000 miles made mine a total pain.
I only have 1300 on it so I think they should come off pretty easy... One more question now when I do it how would I know if I get an exhaust leak?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
You will hear it, and quite possibly smell it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
You can see it too. Drive around for awhile then check under the car. Exhaust leak will turn the pipe black where its leaking.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Easily done with 4 jack stands put mine up in the air done hole system in one night
Thomas11CS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Take some pics along the way if you can, I want to do mine but I am scared I will buy it and not be able to install it... I hate to pay shops to do work. If I see it once on you tube or something I am pretty confident that I can do it...
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross
Take some pics along the way if you can, I want to do mine but I am scared I will buy it and not be able to install it... I hate to pay shops to do work. If I see it once on you tube or something I am pretty confident that I can do it...
There are install videos on YouTube.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
had my upr x pipe installed at local muffler shop for eighty bucks, done in one hour
2003 gt, sct custom tuned by VMP, k&n fipk, upr o/r x-pipe, dynomax turbo mufflers, mm c/c plates, mm full length subframe connectors, h&r race springs, bullit rims 18x10 rear 18x9 front, 4.10 gears, 20% tint, 9 inch shorty antenna
edross is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT