2000 budget for 2013 gt?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2000 budget for 2013 gt??

Hey guys I bought a new gt premium about two months ago. I spent every little money that I had and make to get it lol. So my question is that I have a 2000$ budget right now and I want to increase as much power as I possibly can. So what would you guys recommend and how much gains would it make. Thanks
Hbjatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Congrats on the new ride.

If you want to keep your factory warranty, then I'm sorry but there's not much you can do for power other then tires, axel backs and a weak cold air intake that doesn't require a tune. The gains from those would be insignificant.

But if your warranty is 3 sheets to the wind... Then I would suggest a Boss intake manifold, Long tube headers, off road H or X pipe, mid pipe, axel backs and an SCT SFX 3 tuner.

Now depending on brands, that might be a little bit more then $2K. As for the power gains, I don't have a clue but I promise you, you will feel the difference.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If you want to keep the warranty for a little while then just do suspension, axel back and if it is a manual get a MGW shifter
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Agreed with two tone, save money for the possibility of worst case scenario first. If you modify something and get a bad tune or just plain have a bad part in the line of what you modified you run the chance of an expensive repair. The 5.0 is a great vehicle in general, there's always that room for error though. I have zero horsepower modifications to my car, I did replace the entire drivetrain with a tremec trans. when my transmission went out on me. I have no drivetrain warranty through ford anymore.
2012Vader5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Vader5.0
Agreed with two tone, save money for the possibility of worst case scenario first. If you modify something and get a bad tune or just plain have a bad part in the line of what you modified you run the chance of an expensive repair. The 5.0 is a great vehicle in general, there's always that room for error though. I have zero horsepower modifications to my car, I did replace the entire drivetrain with a tremec trans. when my transmission went out on me. I have no drivetrain warranty through ford anymore.
I just saw your album, and saw u messed up the driveshaft, is that how Ur tranny messed up? Or did u run over something?? Just wondering why u decided to put the $$ on a Tremec which I'm sure was a lot and didn't go thru warranty unless it really was your fault
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the input guys, I really know how many gains is possible and I want at least 50 hp to the wheels more and if that's not possible with my budget then I'll just save up more and wait a few years. And get a supercharger of course.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #7

Region: Oregon
If I were you I'd go

1)Steeda CAI
2)Bama Tune
3)Exhaust
4)Springs
5) Upper & Lower Control arms

Might not get you 50rwhp(very close to) but the over all performance gains are incredible. IMO I'd stay away from the Boss manifold, I don't feel it's worth it with the low end loss. Plus I don't feel comfortable winding my car much past 7 grand. Maybe that's just me.

The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
Cody.pv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Cody seems to be right on. But Maybe instead of springs how about a driveshaft. Free up some hp that you already have.
Bluebaretoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody.pv
If I were you I'd go

1)Steeda CAI
2)Bama Tune
3)Exhaust
4)Springs
5) Upper & Lower Control arms

Might not get you 50rwhp(very close to) but the over all performance gains are incredible. IMO I'd stay away from the Boss manifold, I don't feel it's worth it with the low end loss. Plus I don't feel comfortable winding my car much past 7 grand. Maybe that's just me.
You're missing out without the boss intake IMO, a good tune and shorter gears will make the low end loss unnoticeable.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebaretoe
Cody seems to be right on. But Maybe instead of springs how about a driveshaft. Free up some hp that you already have.
Sorry I'm new at this so are you talking about getting a lighter drive shift?

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

You're missing out without the boss intake IMO, a good tune and shorter gears will make the low end loss unnoticeable.
Sorry realistically if I was to get all of those that Cody said and the boss intake, how much power gain am I looking at?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Heck yeah get a aluminum driveshaft, shave some weight and have better throttle control.
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Are you auto or manual? Current gears? Can you go catless in your state?

If so-
Tune, o/r mid, AB for sound only(your pref), and upgrade suspension(lcas, wheels, tires, etc)....done until FI.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjatt13 View Post
Sorry I'm new at this so are you talking about getting a lighter drive shift?

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Sorry realistically if I was to get all of those that Cody said and the boss intake, how much power gain am I looking at?
dynos show different numbers by the minute, so if you really wanna know then make sure you get baseline and after numbers, but with all of these mods you're hearing about, 420-430 whp, smozilla is pushing almost 450 but he's got one of the best in the country tuning his car

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
(. ) from bama 3inch off road x 3 inch magnaflow exhaust with the 93r tune the reviews show 40 to 60 to the tire increase I think it was money well spent

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

That was 1900 with air raid and tuner
Thomas11CS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #15

Region: Oregon
Sorry realistically if I was to get all of those that Cody said and the boss intake, how much power gain am I looking at?[/QUOTE]

I've seen an intake and tune get 30-35rwhp, exhaust would add an extra 10rwhp... maybe. But you should focus on getting it to the ground. Tune, CAI, Exhaust, will add power and torque while making your car faster and better to drive. Increased throttle response and an amazing sound. LCA's and UCA are a must, really turn your car into a beast. Faster launches, better cornering, etc. If you've got money left over after all that, pick up a good short throw shifter.

All of that will take time off your car, 0-60, 60ft, 1/8th, and 1/4. While increasing the fun factor ten fold.

The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
Cody.pv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
Are you auto or manual? Current gears? Can you go catless in your state?

If so-
Tune, o/r mid, AB for sound only(your pref), and upgrade suspension(lcas, wheels, tires, etc)....done until FI.
6MT and 3.73 gears I believe and I'm cali so I'm not supposed to go cat less but I could care less about the emissions lol

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017
Heck yeah get a aluminum driveshaft, shave some weight and have better throttle control.
Sounds good man, I'll looks into that. Thanks
Old 10-30-2012, 03:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I've seen an intake and tune get 30-35rwhp, exhaust would add an extra 10rwhp... maybe. But you should focus on getting it to the ground. Tune, CAI, Exhaust, will add power and torque while making your car faster and better to drive. Increased throttle response and an amazing sound. LCA's and UCA are a must, really turn your car into a beast. Faster launches, better cornering, etc. If you've got money left over after all that, pick up a good short throw shifter.

All of that will take time off your car, 0-60, 60ft, 1/8th, and 1/4. While increasing the fun factor ten fold.[/QUOTE]

Alright now that's sounds great. Imma do intake/tune/and off road pipes and I already have the roush axle backs so that should sound good. Then I'll focus more on putting that to the ground.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Keep in mind you will have to put the cats back on to pass the emissions test. For some people this isn't worth the trouble as changing back and forth is troublesome. Look at an install guide and see what your in for before you decide to switch them out.

Many people who, like me, live in a non emission controlled state, run them year round because we won't have to put the cats on to pass visual and sbiffer tests.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy
Keep in mind you will have to put the cats back on to pass the emissions test. For some people this isn't worth the trouble as changing back and forth is troublesome. Look at an install guide and see what your in for before you decide to switch them out.

Many people who, like me, live in a non emission controlled state, run them year round because we won't have to put the cats on to pass visual and sbiffer tests.
Yes I know that, I thanks. I will looking into and see what I'm in for before I do it.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjatt13
Hey guys I bought a new gt premium about two months ago. I spent every little money that I had and make to get it lol. So my question is that I have a 2000$ budget right now and I want to increase as much power as I possibly can. So what would you guys recommend and how much gains would it make. Thanks
Just get the door kits!! They give you most HP for your money.....Lol
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

smozilla is pushing almost 450 but he's got one of the best in the country tuning his car
Thanks Grabber for the free plug for Matt. If anyone is close to Smyrna, DE or willing to drive there. Matt at Performance Evolution will get the most out of your car, safely.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Yea man I'm just here to speak the truth, his previous work and your car speak volumes about his knowledge and drive to do it right

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if someone covered this. Are you looking for big Dyno numbers, or better performance numbers a la ET? If the latter is the case, a gear change and if auto a higher stall converter will make your car much faster without touching the engine. Also if auto, the Boss intake doesn't perform as well as manual cars.
CPERR2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPERR2013
Didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if someone covered this. Are you looking for big Dyno numbers, or better performance numbers a la ET? If the latter is the case, a gear change and if auto a higher stall converter will make your car much faster without touching the engine. Also if auto, the Boss intake doesn't perform as well as manual cars.
Better performance numbers and it's a 6 speed.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Just had mine Dyno tuned on Tuesday, Pro DYNO IN SC. The owner tunes lots of cars and has really good rep. He said he has seen decent gains with the boss intake on manual cars, but that there is torque loss lower in the rpm range. Good tires will definitely help your 60 ft times and ET. I'm running the NT05r, and they have been hooking great. I picked up my 60 ft from 2.1 to 1.9 just with tires.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just had mine Dyno tuned on Tuesday, Pro DYNO IN SC. The owner tunes lots of cars and has really good rep. He said he has seen decent gains with the boss intake on manual cars, but that there is torque loss lower in the rpm range. Good tires will definitely help your 60 ft times and ET. I'm running the NT05r, and they have been hooking great. I picked up my 60 ft from 2.1 to 1.9 just with tires.
Im doing 2.0 on stock base tires with a stock car with just axlebacks, you should be doing better especially with the intake...
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, that 1.9 is with stock 3:15 gear, bama tune and factory air box. I now have the new tune, c and l cold air and 3:73. I'll have it at the track next weekend
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, that 1.9 is with stock 3:15 gear, bama tune and factory air box. I now have the new tune, c and l cold air and 3:73. I'll have it at the track next weekend
Thanks guys and let me know that goes.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Was was your best time with the bama tune on on the 1/8?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice, im completely stock and 8.0410 is my best
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I'm completely stock and ran a 7.873 last night
Jrsgrabber50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

But the track is also about 60ft short of an 1/8th
Jrsgrabber50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano

Nice, im completely stock and 8.0410 is my best
My bad 8.41

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT