Sirius and GPS issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sirius and GPS issues

My GPS is lost, and I'm not getting Sirius signal.
I don't think the antenna is broken because I'm moving on the map. It just starts out in the wrong location and continues navigating off that wrong location.
Is there a way (besides the master reset - which I did without success) to reset the GPS location? Pull fuse, etc?
Thank you!
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Maybe disconnect the battery? If that doesn't work, take it to the dealer. My sync went stupid in my F150. I took it to the dealer and its been working fine ever since.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
^ it may be a software issue. Since it's under warranty I would take to dealer and let them worry.
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Forgot to follow up.

First the xm/GPS antenna was bad. Second the navigation module also was bad.

All covered under warranty... Fixed and is GTG.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedxGT View Post
Forgot to follow up.

First the xm/GPS antenna was bad. Second the navigation module also was bad.

All covered under warranty... Fixed and is GTG.
man, six months and I was getting worried. Figured you just got lost or somethin...oh wait...
Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
man, six months and I was getting worried. Figured you just got lost or somethin...oh wait...
haha thats funny.

Glad you got it worked thank-you for updating us.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Mine shows the little no GPS with a line through it at the top and occasionally puts me in the middle of the ocean or some such. Is this what you saw as well?
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Mine shows the little no GPS with a line through it at the top and occasionally puts me in the middle of the ocean or some such. Is this what you saw as well?
Oh no.. Don't drown

But from what I have read in consumer reports this is a common issue. Ford actually extended the warranties.

I can't recall if the Mustang has the MyFord touch or not
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Nope, just Sync, which doesn't have near the issues Touch has, apparently.

I just don't get the "grammar" of the "No GPS" indicator with a slash line through it...does this mean it has the GPS working or it isn't working? Most of the time, it seems to know where I am, despite displaying this message.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Nope, just Sync, which doesn't have near the issues Touch has, apparently.

I just don't get the "grammar" of the "No GPS" indicator with a slash line through it...does this mean it has the GPS working or it isn't working? Most of the time, it seems to know where I am, despite displaying this message.
It would seem like something isn't quite right. Worse case scenario, I'd go to the dealership. I'm tired, I meant to say, I would go to the dealership. Your under warranty, and they should fix it.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I pulled the trunk liner and looked at the GPS antenna. All appeared well but the wire was pulled pretty tight in its tape mounts at the antenna end. I removed the tape and repositioned the wire with a little strain relief at the antenna end and now I pick up 5 satellites where I could barely get 2 before, according to the bezel diagnostics. Hmmm. Might have wire issue but, as long as it continues to work allright, I'll just leave it.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I pulled the trunk liner and looked at the GPS antenna. All appeared well but the wire was pulled pretty tight in its tape mounts at the antenna end. I removed the tape and repositioned the wire with a little strain relief at the antenna end and now I pick up 5 satellites where I could barely get 2 before, according to the bezel diagnostics. Hmmm. Might have wire issue but, as long as it continues to work allright, I'll just leave it.
honestly Ford would have probably done the same thing instead of replacing it anyway lol
Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Truth, that.

I also get the double negative grammar behind the "No GPS with a strikethrough"...it means the GPS isn't working, not "no, no GPS".

Keeripes, as a former English teacher, I'm appalled.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Truth, that.

I also get the double negative grammar behind the "No GPS with a strikethrough"...it means the GPS isn't working, not "no, no GPS".

Keeripes, as a former English teacher, I'm appalled.
Haha that's great. I think they say that in addition, to the strike through because some people aren't that bright.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
I am having the same GPS problem with my 2013 GT. I took it to Ford and they are blaming my after market sound system. The stereo works fine and both the GPS and stereo have been fine until approx a month ago, when the "No GPS" icon started. They told me I have to go back to the stereo shop and have them re-wire the stereo. This is going to turn into a cluster. Tomorrow, I will try removing the trunk liner and adjusting the antenna.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Mine was the antenna, and unless the GPS antenna was messed with, I would think it wouldn't be that. I may be wrong, but I thought the GPS system was separate from the Stereo, on the GPS-signal side. And, once the signal was interpreted by the GPS module, that information is then sent to the stereo for display. Whatever the problem is, it should still be covered by the ford warranty. If you are having dealer issues it may be time to bring in Ford Customer Service.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Ford just tossed a new antenna on there under warranty, in the hopes it would correct the issue and in my case, it did. I'd already checked the continuity of the antenna circuit front to back so, I suspected the antenna had failed internally, too.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 08-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I hope this isn't a trend since I'm now out of warranty and the next repair will be out of pocket.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

the antenna's only about 40 bucks retail.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 08-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Ford just tossed a new antenna on there under warranty, in the hopes it would correct the issue and in my case, it did. I'd already checked the continuity of the antenna circuit front to back so, I suspected the antenna had failed internally, too.
My fingers are crossed it will be the antenna - That sounds like an easy fix. Thanks for the info.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT