4 door Mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87
The vett doesn't count, its a sports car, not a sports coupe. The Mustang is the only purebreed left of the muscle cars.
I do not understand this. You are saying the vette is NOT a sports coupe, rather it is a sports car? I have a hard time believing they are no longer making a two door hard top corvette.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
The vett is a sports car. There is no back seat. It is a two seater.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The vett is a sports car. There is no back seat. It is a two seater.
Aren't two two seaters still coupes though?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

No, two seaters aren't coupes. Two seaters are sports cars
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, two seaters aren't coupes. Two seaters are sports cars
So a Z isn't a coupe or convertible, it is a sports car?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette

I am not one to blindly follow a wiki, but I only know pf so many body styles, coupe, convertible, estate, saloon, SUV, crossover, pick up, hatch, and mini van. I am sure there are more, I just don't get how a car is not a coupe because it has two seats, I thought coupe meant two doors.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

The Vett isn't classified as a sports coupe defined by State Farm. My buddy has a Vett and a 70s something Camaro. The Camaro is defined as a sports coupe aka muscle car because of the back seat. His Vett is defined as a sports car bc of its lack of a back seat. He pays two different premiums bc they are different.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
my v6 mustang is called a sports car by state farm lol....my GT was called a sports car by state farm...i have back seats. this is a stupid back and forth so lets call it a day and stay on topic.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Ok lol
Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Vett isn't classified as a sports coupe defined by State Farm. My buddy has a Vett and a 70s something Camaro. The Camaro is defined as a sports coupe aka muscle car because of the back seat. His Vett is defined as a sports car bc of its lack of a back seat. He pays two different premiums bc they are different.
Ah, i meant general auto segmentation, not auto insurers trying to gouge money. I would bet the GT500, which has a back seat, is also not considered a coupe under that particular insurer. Kind of like how an Alpina M5 has a different class than a Ford Fiesta, even if they are both four doors and seat five people. (i think the M5 seats 4, like the GT and 7 series, but it might still hold 5.)

Edit: posted this while other stuff was written, not trying to be an ***.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Ah, i meant general auto segmentation, not auto insurers trying to gouge money. I would bet the GT500, which has a back seat, is also not considered a coupe under that particular insurer. Kind of like how an Alpina M5 has a different class than a Ford Fiesta, even if they are both four doors and seat five people. (i think the M5 seats 4, like the GT and 7 series, but it might still hold 5.)

Edit: posted this while other stuff was written, not trying to be an ***.
no biggie you're all fine, i just don't want to see this thread get to the point i need to close it when it's such a good topic.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Insurances try to get the most money they can lol

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

But your right, back to the subject
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #47

Region: Arizona
i dont think so

i doubt they would do that, because i think they would lose a lot of their sports car fans
STUDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUDLY View Post
i doubt they would do that, because i think they would lose a lot of their sports car fans
i don't see that happening at all though....people who would want a 4 door stang would buy it...and those "sport" car fans would just buy the 2 door.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

i don't see that happening at all though....people who would want a 4 door stang would buy it...and those "sport" car fans would just buy the 2 door.
Exactly. Seeing as they built it originally as a sporty executive car I think they could pull off a 4 door just fine.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It would look retarded just like the 4-door Porche. It looks stupid. Why not make a 2 door Excursion with 1200 HP?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
It would look retarded just like the 4-door Porche. It looks stupid. Why not make a 2 door Excursion with 1200 HP?
did you even look at the aston style 4 door i posted? doesn't look stupid at all

Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #52
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Why would anyone even want a 4 door I think that would be a stupid idea in the first place and if ppl want a 4 door car get a 4 door car but it won't be a mustang.
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I'm actually disappointed to see how close minded some of you are. In the end it would come down to if they had the option choose to buy it or not. Those wanting a coupe will buy it...Those wanting a sporty sedan will buy that option.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #54
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

I just don't understand why someone would want that?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm actually disappointed to see how close minded some of you are. In the end it would come down to if they had the option choose to buy it or not. Those wanting a coupe will buy it...Those wanting a sporty sedan will buy that option.
If they want a 4 door, they can buy the taurus SHO, it's badass. When they make too many options on the Mustang, it just makes the price go up. Offering a 4 door would almost be a whole new car, the way cars are made today. It's not a matter of being open minded, it's just doesn't make sense no matter how much you want it.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Some car companies think change will bring in more money...in this case, they'll lose so much money if they did that, it'd make their head spin. Such a bad idea.
sixxerstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
I just don't understand why someone would want that?
then buy the 2 door option if they offered both simple as that.

as for the sho option though i agree it's a BA 4 door...maybe they want the 5.0 and 4 door.
@sara...and why would they lose so much money?

Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
then buy the 2 door option if they offered both simple as that.

as for the sho option though i agree it's a BA 4 door...maybe they want the 5.0 and 4 door.
@sara...and why would they lose so much money?
Because people have gotten used to Mustang being 2 door and nothing else. It has been since it was made. Some people don't like that kinda change, especially to a car like that. It would look a bit funny... Lol. Just my opinion though.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramcknz View Post
Because people have gotten used to Mustang being 2 door and nothing else. It has been since it was made. Some people don't like that kinda change, especially to a car like that. It would look a bit funny... Lol. Just my opinion though.
depending on the style of 4 door you may never even know it's a 4 door in passing

lets take for example the original dodge charger...it was a 2 door beast..now they offer it in a 4 door and it's sales are still great. now i'd prefer ford to use a suicide door version if they ever did go this route to keep it sleek looking. the notion of a 4 door doesn't bother me. do i think a 4 door mustang would sell like hot cakes....no...do i think it would cause the company to lose money...no. it would become just another side model for people looking for something specific

Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
depending on the style of 4 door you may never even know it's a 4 door in passing

lets take for example the original dodge charger...it was a 2 door beast..now they offer it in a 4 door and it's sales are still great. now i'd prefer ford to use a suicide door version if they ever did go this route to keep it sleek looking. the notion of a 4 door doesn't bother me. do i think a 4 door mustang would sell like hot cakes....no...do i think it would cause the company to lose money...no. it would become just another side model for people looking for something specific
Never thought about it that way... Plus I guess it's a way for a family to be able to have a Mustang. Considering when people usually start a family, some have to rid of their Stang. Guess it being just another option isn't a bad idea. I personally would still drive the 2 doors, I just wonder if they did it, how/if they would change the look of the car,
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #61
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

I don't like chargers cause they are 4 door
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
and that's ok...the people that drive them however do like the 4 doors. different needs require different types of cars

lets be honest...the chances of ford ever building a 4 door stang are slim, but if they did i don't think it'd ruin everything lol

Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
and that's ok...the people that drive them however do like the 4 doors. different needs require different types of cars

lets be honest...the chances of ford ever building a 4 door stang are slim, but if they did i don't think it'd ruin everything lol
There's a big difference between offering a 4 door only (charger) and offering a 2 door and a 4 door option. It's a manufacturing pain in the *** to do that. It would cost more to offer both. It's the same reason the chargers were auto only, it's cheaper. That's also why they stopped offering a coupe or a fastback or hatchback, they went with one option.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

this is becoming tiring

lets just agree to disagree on how bad it would be

Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
this is becoming tiring

lol

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
this is becoming tiring

Yeah I win.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE
I don't like chargers because they are garbage.

I think an RX8 kind of option wound be decent, and I see both points, but kind of on topic, Ford's only decent front rear is the Mustang. The SHO is all wheel drive, and not THAT powerful for the weight.

I see why people want it, but I understand why others don't want it. Some people want Ford to make a decent front rear car that they can take the family out with, or have fun with-M5, Quattroporte, so on, but the Mustang people say let's keep our pride and joy true to its origin.

Clear, but Ford needs another sedan than the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Taurus. A HUGE market is lost to this, I feel. A fusion does not compare to a BMW. Not because of base line power or efficiency or quality, but because of driveline. We need a decent FR sedan.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

the front does look similar to a Mustang but if that is what a 4 door stang would look, I don't think they should.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

I don't like chargers because they are garbage.

I think an RX8 kind of option wound be decent, and I see both points, but kind of on topic, Ford's only decent front rear is the Mustang. The SHO is all wheel drive, and not THAT powerful for the weight.

I see why people want it, but I understand why others don't want it. Some people want Ford to make a decent front rear car that they can take the family out with, or have fun with-M5, Quattroporte, so on, but the Mustang people say let's keep our pride and joy true to its origin.

Clear, but Ford needs another sedan than the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Taurus. A HUGE market is lost to this, I feel. A fusion does not compare to a BMW. Not because of base line power or efficiency or quality, but because of driveline. We need a decent FR sedan.
I left out an important point here: we need an FR sedan that is not the Mustang.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ford has a pretty comprehensive lineup of general sedans. I agree the Fusion does not compete with BMW--because they aren't trying to. It's competing with the Accord, Camry, Altima, etc. Different market. Even when Ford had a FR sedan (Panther platform), it wasn't trying to compete with the German performance sedans; I doubt Ford really has any interest in that market.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT