4 door Mustang - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Ford should just bring this to the states. But my guess is there is not a market for a FR 4-door sedan or it would already be here.

Falcon XR6/XR8 turbo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2843503658.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	83929
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
The Ford Falcon would be perfect to please 4 door buyers. But they shouldn't mess with 50 years of Mustang tradition. Carol Shelby would roll over in his grave if they did it.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk
Ford has a pretty comprehensive lineup of general sedans. I agree the Fusion does not compete with BMW--because they aren't trying to. It's competing with the Accord, Camry, Altima, etc. Different market. Even when Ford had a FR sedan (Panther platform), it wasn't trying to compete with the German performance sedans; I doubt Ford really has any interest in that market.
Comprehensive? I agree on size, other than a kei car, they are good-but driveline they are missing out. No MRs and one FR. Lame sauce.

Competing with a company does not have to be the same. There are no real equivalents to cars, but there are similarities. Ford could grab a lot of business by making a FR sedan, if its well done.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Comprehensive? I agree on size, other than a kei car, they are good-but driveline they are missing out. No MRs and one FR. Lame sauce.

Competing with a company does not have to be the same. There are no real equivalents to cars, but there are similarities. Ford could grab a lot of business by making a FR sedan, if its well done.
Ford already has one. You just can't get it in the US.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Front wheel drive cars are cheaper to make, 2 CV axles vs. driveshaft, rear diff, axles. It's all going small and cheap. I think they're trying to compete with the new Lincoln, but it's not what you're talking about. I think they would love to go front wheel drive and 4 banger turbo for the mustang if they thought they could get away with it. They may try it anyway.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT

Ford already has one. You just can't get it in the US.
Lol, I don't care about FPV while I am in the states, not gonna do much for me here! Lol Ford could pull a GM and take their products that work in other countries, and directly port them here. GTO, G8, Volt, so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok
Front wheel drive cars are cheaper to make, 2 CV axles vs. driveshaft, rear diff, axles. It's all going small and cheap. I think they're trying to compete with the new Lincoln, but it's not what you're talking about. I think they would love to go front wheel drive and 4 banger turbo for the mustang if they thought they could get away with it. They may try it anyway.
Maybe you are right. Like with Toyota putting their fun cars as Lexus/Tesla, maybe Ford is going to save the fun for the premium models. Not what you were saying, but that's what I got from it lol

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe you are right. Like with Toyota putting their fun cars as Lexus/Tesla, maybe Ford is going to save the fun for the premium models. Not what you were saying, but that's what I got from it lol[/QUOTE]

It would have been nice if they would have redesigned the crown vic to be a little smaller, closer to a 7 series BMW and had some performance. Not necessarily to compete directly with BMW, but to have a sports handling sedan with a decent engine and rwd.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #78
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Wait wait I was just thinking right? Anddd what the f*** would 2 door added to the mustang really change? It's not like the mustang don't already have seats in the back why would you need 2 more doors? It won't give more room? It's really pointless for them to ever add them
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
Wait wait I was just thinking right? Anddd what the f*** would 2 door added to the mustang really change? It's not like the mustang don't already have seats in the back why would you need 2 more doors? It won't give more room? It's really pointless for them to ever add them
THANKYOU!!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
actually if ford added even a suicide door like the f150's they'd most likely add another 4"s or so to the body...that's a lot of leg room in our cramped back seats. then again trying to be the voice of reason in the thread is the same thing as

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

actually if ford added even a suicide door like the f150's they'd most likely add another 4"s or so to the body...that's a lot of leg room in our cramped back seats. then again trying to be the voice of reason in the thread is the same thing as
I don't want to start an argument again. But I don't understand how you are the voice of reason when no one agrees with you.

Also no one buys a mustang because it has a back seat cramped or not. It's a 2 seater with the ability to transport 4 people in an emergency for a short distance.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I don't believe this thread has gone so long. Ford will do what their strategists think will add to Ford's bottom line. Whatever they do, it'll be up to us weather we buy it or not.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't want to start an argument again. But I don't understand how you are the voice of reason when no one agrees with you.

Also no one buys a mustang because it has a back seat cramped or not. It's a 2 seater with the ability to transport 4 people in an emergency for a short distance.
Well, that as an option would be nice, competition to the RX. I would not have bought it if there were no rear seats. Whether going on a road trip or short trip, comfy or roomy or not, it is an option. With a Z or Mx, more than two people in it is not legally possible.

I would not spend the money on it. I would sooner get a G8 if Ford made a comparable one. But that option may be valuable to some.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
The vett doesn't count, its a sports car, not a sports coupe. The Mustang is the only purebreed left of the muscle cars.
i agree,,the mustang is a muscle car,,any 2 seater is a sports car,,like the vette
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Well, that as an option would be nice, competition to the RX. I would not have bought it if there were no rear seats. Whether going on a road trip or short trip, comfy or roomy or not, it is an option. With a Z or Mx, more than two people in it is not legally possible.

I would not spend the money on it. I would sooner get a G8 if Ford made a comparable one. But that option may be valuable to some.
The point is not that the mustang should be a 2 seater. The point is that it's not a sedan and doesn't need 4 doors.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post

i agree,,the mustang is a muscle car,,any 2 seater is a sports car,,like the vette
Thankyou!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The point is not that the mustang should be a 2 seater. The point is that it's not a sedan and doesn't need 4 doors.
No kidding. I am saying I do not want it to be, rather entertaining the idea of how the suicide door could be of value. Not trying to turn it into a fusion.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I guess with Ford new EcoBoost Taurus they don't need a 4 door Mustang. That V6 EcoBoost engine is pulling with 365 hp and 350 torque. That engine belongs in a Mustang. Imagine the power that would give the Stang. If they do put an EcoBoost engine in Mustang I'll trade mine in a heartbeat. We also have an FX2 with the EcoBoost and I love it, so does my wife
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul
I guess with Ford new EcoBoost Taurus they don't need a 4 door Mustang. That V6 EcoBoost engine is pulling with 365 hp and 350 torque. That engine belongs in a Mustang. Imagine the power that would give the Stang. If they do put an EcoBoost engine in Mustang I'll trade mine in a heartbeat. We also have an FX2 with the EcoBoost and I love it, so does my wife
The 2013 v6 mustang sports 307 horsepower ( don't quote me on that) that is not turbo equipped. Now if you ask me if your talking in terms of power gains if you were to put a turbo on that engine you would make (I could be wrong just want to save myself from getting my *** chewed out) relatively close if not more horsepower. Ford markets that engine as "v8 power v6 fuel efficiency" in my opinion why it needed to be turbo charged. Now an impressive Jo rating for both engines but I think ford should of used the same engine in both cars in my opinion whichever engine has the best reliability.
Dtibbz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
+1
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
+1
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT