Handling question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Handling question

I'm getting really tired of the wheel hop. I have a 2012 gt with the brembo package. What would be my best option to get a smoother ride and handling improvements along the way. Not really looking to lower my car that much but it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I had to. Just really want my girlfriend to stop complaining about the bumpy ride lol. So any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks!
Brock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Steeda stop the hop kit. Upper and lower control arms. Decent price plus not to hard to install yourself..
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Let off the pedal, but that's no fun. So yeah wheel hop kit
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Lcas and uca as mentioned above

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone using Steedas watts suspension? If so is it more effective then lca, uca, and a panhard rod? Does it just replace the panhard?
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Head over to S197Forums, there's several guys using the Fays2 link. The Steeda one is basically the same thing with a shorter frame (fewer propeller mount points). They like it well enough that I am 99.9% sure that's the route I will eventually go. It replaces the Panhard bar & works with the control arms; a little reading: Watt's linkage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #7

Region: Virginia
I agree as well. Totally pissed at how bad this is. I thought for sure this car wouldn't have this problem. In the beginning I thought it was the traction control trying to manage the tire spin, but nope...hop, hop, hop.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have a 2008 Steeda Q350

Full G-trac suspension. Amazing set up
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I have yet to experience any wheel hop. I will still be doing some LCAs in the near future.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I have yet to experience any wheel hop. I will still be doing some LCAs in the near future.
Same here... And don't tell me it's because I don't launch fast enough! I just limit the amount of spin at initial take off. It's all in the foot. Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Same here... And don't tell me it's because I don't launch fast enough! I just limit the amount of spin at initial take off. It's all in the foot. Lol
Completely agree.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock23 View Post
I'm getting really tired of the wheel hop. I have a 2012 gt with the brembo package. What would be my best option to get a smoother ride and handling improvements along the way. Not really looking to lower my car that much but it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I had to. Just really want my girlfriend to stop complaining about the bumpy ride lol. So any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks!
Some lower relocation brackets and Lca's would do wonders.You can fix it without lowering.Read up on the LCA's angle when you do.... so you are planting the rears instead of lifting. You will stop the hop but you will continue to have severe spin.Only fix for that is Drag radials. What package is your car? Your Lca's are GT500 OE if it's a track pack car.You have Brembo;s........but is it manual? 3:73 gear? Prem. package? Mods?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Some lower relocation brackets and Lca's would do wonders.You can fix it without lowering.Read up on the LCA's angle when you do.... so you are planting the rears instead of lifting. You will stop the hop but you will continue to have severe spin.Only fix for that is Drag radials. What package is your car? Your Lca's are GT500 OE if it's a track pack car.You have Brembo;s........but is it manual? 3:73 gear? Prem. package? Mods?
It's a 2012 GT premium, manual trans, with 3.73 gears. Mods: Borla S-Type Catback exhaust, K&N CAI, and an MGW shifter.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Any suggestions? @back n a stang
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock23 View Post
Any suggestions? @back n a stang
Sounds almost identical from factory as mine.AS for questions....LOL.....Do you have GB insert stripe and stitch? But really on susp. I guess its all in a matter of what you plan to do with car man.I have had mine just a year and put 7000 miles.Mostly a DD but stays parked alot.I do want to make a few passes each year. How do you like that MGW man? I gotta have it!!! Did you get the whole 9 yards? You know that car is 2 tenths quicker than all others stock don't you? It's Black coyotes only..LOL!
But hey if you want to some good susp. mods without old lady whinning......Go with just the FRPP "P". They are only a inch all around. I am looking foward to having enough to buy some Koni(probably) struts and shocks. Man the orange STR.T makes sense and more my range but I know to be happy go with the yellow adjustables. You will probably keep your girl happier with those too.I think it will give back some of the OE smoothness. JMO I could talk hours and on this susp. stuff.It's what I am still working on and they is tons that can be done under that bad boy. I pulled alot of performance mods.I am building my car from ground up.All i care to keep and not part with power wise is my race tune.I just use 93- race year-around.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Sounds almost identical from factory as mine.AS for questions....LOL.....Do you have GB insert stripe and stitch? But really on susp. I guess its all in a matter of what you plan to do with car man.I have had mine just a year and put 7000 miles.Mostly a DD but stays parked alot.I do want to make a few passes each year. How do you like that MGW man? I gotta have it!!! Did you get the whole 9 yards? You know that car is 2 tenths quicker than all others stock don't you? It's Black coyotes only..LOL!
But hey if you want to some good susp. mods without old lady whinning......Go with just the FRPP "P". They are only a inch all around. I am looking foward to having enough to buy some Koni(probably) struts and shocks. Man the orange STR.T makes sense and more my range but I know to be happy go with the yellow adjustables. You will probably keep your girl happier with those too.I think it will give back some of the OE smoothness. JMO I could talk hours and on this susp. stuff.It's what I am still working on and they is tons that can be done under that bad boy. I pulled alot of performance mods.I am building my car from ground up.All i care to keep and not part with power wise is my race tune.I just use 93- race year-around.
Nah I have the white inserts lol. And yeah I have the whole MGW assembly and I love it, it's really an amazing shifter. I have a chance to get a full suspension from a friend who has a 2011 gt500 with the SVT performance pack because he's covering his car to a super snake. Should I go that route?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
do a ton of research and determine the line you are going to draw between ride comfort and handling as the more you go down the handling path the harsher the daily ride will be.

Look into BMR, Steeda, MaximumMotorsports, etc etc see what they offer and the qualify of their parts for a daily car vs track car.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT