Maintenance Costs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Maintenance Costs

So what are some of the maintenance costs you guys are paying monthly (or yearly if that's give me a better idea) on your 11-13 GT's? I'm looking to purchase a 13 GT and I'm just not sure if the costs of owning it are pretty high..? Any repairs at all either? How is the MPG? Average MPG? Any and all information would be great!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I negotiated 10 oil changes when I bought my GT. every issue I've had has been covered under warranty and the only maintenance I've had to undergo was tires after 2 years.

My real expense is from the mod bug. That is never ending.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Everything under warranty, I do 1-2 oil changes/year (Amsoil), about $100 each, all the initial protective stuff adds up a little: tints ~$200, all-weather mats ~$75, trunk liner ~100, oil separator ~$125, air filter ~$50, etc. Check your oil level often for the first 10k miles, you will likely need to add. Im getting 13.5mpg but I drive mostly city and get on it a little on the highway. Thats way below what I thought Id get but Ive got 3.73s and have factory tunage. At $4 a gallon, do your math, cause it can hurt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
My real expense is from the mod bug. That is never ending.
...almost as much as this. ^ lol
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Everything under warranty, I do 1-2 oil changes/year (Amsoil), about $100 each, all the initial protective stuff adds up a little: tints ~$200, all-weather mats ~$75, trunk liner ~100, oil separator ~$125, air filter ~$50, etc. Check your oil level often for the first 10k miles, you will likely need to add. Im getting 13.5mpg but I drive mostly city and get on it a little on the highway. Thats way below what I thought Id get but Ive got 3.73s and have factory tunage. At $4 a gallon, do your math, cause it can hurt...

...almost as much as this. ^ lol
Wow...I have 3.73 gears and drive her really hard on the highway and streets always revving hard and I average around 16-18.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Wow...I have 3.73 gears and drive her really hard on the highway and streets always revving hard and I average around 16-18.
Do you have Ethanol in your state? A lot of people report a little more, but most have some mods. Im hoping it just means Im getting more HPs but havent got it to a dyno yet.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you have Ethanol in your state?
I have no idea. I don't think so tho. Live in south west Ohio.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have no idea. I don't think so tho. Live in south west Ohio.
Check the pump next time you get gas and see if theres a sticker saying, "contains up to 10% ethanol" or something like that. Could be a variable in mpgs.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
It really depends on what you're doing but everyone else's estimates are within reason.

The Mustang isn't a very needy car in general. If you compare it to the Dodge not sure about Chevy. But if your casually driving it's a pretty reasonable sports car.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Yeah the mod bug will hit you! I didn't know how involved they were but save room for the mods
Old 10-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Check the pump next time you get gas and see if theres a sticker saying, "contains up to 10% ethanol" or something like that. Could be a variable in mpgs.
I don't remember seeing one but I've never looked either. I'll check next time.

One thing I might do different is most the city roads driving at 40mph with the 3.73 gears long as I am not going uphill I can usually shift into 6th and that probably helps a lot.

I also noticed my gas mileage got better when I took my cats off.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
+1 :

Someone on the forum mentioned this before, but there is an app called pure gas, it shows you the ethanol free stations on a Map.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Tunes usually wreck mileage. Some 6ers are in the teens with a tune. Anyone here have pre/post info to add? Might be important if he is not going to tune.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc
Tunes usually wreck mileage. Some 6ers are in the teens with a tune. Anyone here have pre/post info to add? Might be important if he is not going to tune.
Mine was with a 93R tune from bama. Can't 100% say about the before, as when I first got my tuner I had 3.31 gears and now have 3.73 gears. My MPG were 15.7 steady untuned on 3.31 gears. I attribute that to the fact that I drive mostly city and those gears are better for highway driving.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mine was with a 93R tune from bama. Can't 100% say about the before, as when I first got my tuner I had 3.31 gears and now have 3.73 gears. My MPG were 15.7 steady untuned on 3.31 gears. I attribute that to the fact that I drive mostly city and those gears are better for highway driving.
Before the bama 93r tune, 19-17 mpg (city only).

After 93r tune, 11.5-12. And yes, my right foot meets the floorboard often.

Other than the oil change costs (and tires since I drive... Ummm... Spirited), the car is solid with no unexpected repairs.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

Before the bama 93r tune, 19-17 mpg (city only).

After 93r tune, 11.5-12. And yes, my right foot meets the floorboard often.

Other than the oil change costs (and tires since I drive... Ummm... Spirited), the car is solid with no unexpected repairs.
Tires will run you a good bit.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Tires will run you a good bit.
Guess it depends. Local ford dealership sold me when I destroyed a tire (long story there) the stock 18" pirelli tires, sold me a single tire for 180 installed and taxes.

I looked at getting them all replaced and had some places offer me some 600-700 dollar range for some nice tires.

Not nitto n05 or anything but still lol.

Still better than my truck that is about a grand for tires.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I have free oil change till the end of warranty, tires for life ( if I rotate them at every oil change. Will replace rims if destroyed by a blow out or pot holes!! And free door ding removal!! All covered under my 5 year warranty !!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Guess it depends. Local ford dealership sold me when I destroyed a tire (long story there) the stock 18" pirelli tires, sold me a single tire for 180 installed and taxes.

I looked at getting them all replaced and had some places offer me some 600-700 dollar range for some nice tires.

Not nitto n05 or anything but still lol.

Still better than my truck that is about a grand for tires.
That's not bad. The pirelli PZero is a great tire I got almost 60K out of mine. I just wasn't prepared to spend $600-700 on tires. I had 4 put on my Sebring for like $350.00-$400

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc
I have free oil change till the end of warranty, tires for life ( if I rotate them at every oil change. Will replace rims if destroyed by a blow out or pot holes!! And free door ding removal!! All covered under my 5 year warranty !!
Thats a nice deal! I like the ding coverage
Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Oh man would I run through some tires if I had em free for life Ahahahaha
03torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #19
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03torch

Oh man would I run through some tires if I had em free for life Ahahahaha
+1!! I'd make sure to max that policy out!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

The dealer takes care of their customers! Specially the mustangs. They know that mustangs are show cars and want to help keeping them looking good!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:
The dealer takes care of their customers! Specially the mustangs. They know that mustangs are show cars and want to help keeping them looking good!
In fact I went in a bought new tires, but went a size wider for traction and only had to pay the difference in price!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

In fact I went in a bought new tires, but went a size wider for traction and only had to pay the difference in price!!
Excellent point made!!! Please the Mustabg owners my S/A does everything he can to make me happy! Though he enjoys up selling everything. His boss towers over him. But overall they're cool about things.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:20 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
So what are some of the maintenance costs you guys are paying monthly (or yearly if that's give me a better idea) on your 11-13 GT's? I'm looking to purchase a 13 GT and I'm just not sure if the costs of owning it are pretty high..? Any repairs at all either? How is the MPG? Average MPG? Any and all information would be great!
I don't seen anything up here ^^^ that's asking about mods, I believe it was MAINTENANCE he was referring to. That said, 8 qts of oil sucks to buy, but other than that I haven't put a dime in maintenance in mine.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I don't seen anything up here ^^^ that's asking about mods, I believe it was MAINTENANCE he was referring to. That said, 8 qts of oil sucks to buy, but other than that I haven't put a dime in maintenance in mine.
No but he did say any and all info was appreciated

But really as with any new car, you will have issues at some time.. But most will be covered under warranty... Gas mileage depends on you. If you want more then 22 mpgs, u are looking at the wrong vehicle. This is a sports car, not a gas saver. You will find your foot in it more then you think...

Me, to keep mine nice, I wash every week, bought a nice car cover to help with the cleaning bill, oil changes 2-3x a year depending on your driving habits. Me I don't drive mine much so every 6 months for me..

Hope this helps
Old 11-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Tire warentee is bull sh*t i had it from ford and they didnt replace my tires but wanted to patch them. When the guy was selling me the tire warentee he was saying were gonna replace your tires with no problems if they get punctured or blown out..... Bull sh*t
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #25
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Changed my oil once in 2 years which ran me about $80 or so. Other than that it's the aftermarket parts that cost me the most. I also spend alot on water,soap and detail supplies,lol.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
Tire warentee is bull sh*t i had it from ford and they didnt replace my tires but wanted to patch them. When the guy was selling me the tire warentee he was saying were gonna replace your tires with no problems if they get punctured or blown out..... Bull sh*t
Yeah my wife had that for her Pathfinder and you had to wait till the tread was so low I considered it unsafe. No way Id have tires that crappy on a performance car.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Awell I guess it depends on the dealer!! I've had no problem at all about tires!! As long as I have the rotated every 3000-5000 miles!! Like I said before ... Bought wider tires and only had to pay difference in price!!! And in contract it gives a d thread dept. before the will replace when worn!! And replace when tire blows free!! Just need to find the right dealer!!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

That's not bad. The pirelli PZero is a great tire I got almost 60K out of mine. I just wasn't prepared to spend $600-700 on tires. I had 4 put on my Sebring for like $350.00-$400

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Thats a nice deal! I like the ding coverage
I hate the Pedro's they didn't last me meow than 15k but I also drive it pretty hard. The pirellis that my v6 had were the pzero Nero m+s they were the best tires I've had. Lasted 60k bagged every km of the way and in winter were better than most winter tires. Sadly they stopped making them.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT