2013 mustang gt nitrous or supercharged - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
2013 mustang gt nitrous or supercharged

Hello all I'm am considering either nitrous or a whipple supercharger for my 13 gt I'm just wonder which you would go for. Bang for your buck and most reliable how much boost are y'all running on your 11 to 13 mustangs out there and how big of a shot can it take with nitrous 150 to big thanks
sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Go with the whipple. Supercharger all the way..
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I was thinking it just seems like it is so much cheaper to run no2 with the same hp gain but it's not always there just on full throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It's cheeper but most likely cost you more in the long run. Unless you build you engine around nos. Boost all the way. 99.9% of people on this forum will agree..
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If you have the money, go with the whipple. If you are looking for something cheaper then go nitrous... IMO go with the superchager
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
in the long run nitrous may end up costing more depend on how much you use it, not cheap to refill... last I heard about $60-80 a bottle

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Dang didn't know it was that much to refill a bottle maybe I will just go no2 right now then when I have more funds go with the whipple what about running no2 and the supercharger can u run with both at the same time
Old 11-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

You could but that's a buttload of stress on the motor, I wouldn't do that without a built motor. These coyotes are pretty tough but they still have limits

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yea what shot do you think I could safely run on a completely stock engine and what setup do you think is best wet/dry plate vs nozzle
Old 11-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister View Post
Dang didn't know it was that much to refill a bottle maybe I will just go no2 right now then when I have more funds go with the whipple what about running no2 and the supercharger can u run with both at the same time
I've heard that Nitrous and FI don't play well together, i would say go one or the other, not both.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister View Post
Yea what shot do you think I could safely run on a completely stock engine and what setup do you think is best wet/dry plate vs nozzle
100 shot max for a stock motor, and wet is preferred by most people.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I've heard that Nitrous and FI don't play well together, i would say go one or the other, not both.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

100 shot max for a stock motor, and wet is preferred by most people.
Thanks for all the info when I get it and get it all set up ill make a how to on it with some pics thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have a 2013 and when i get the chance im getting a super charger for sure i wouldnt even mess with nos. the question is though which supercharger?
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712
I have a 2013 and when i get the chance im getting a super charger for sure i wouldnt even mess with nos. the question is though which supercharger?
That question has been answered quite a few times on here before, I'm sure a quick search will pull up a number of threads

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712
Whipple ftw
Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've got a NX wet kit, haven't put it in yet. If you can swing it, go with a blower. I like Kenne Bell and Procharger personally. Nitrous is cheaper unless you get careless with it. For cost, I paid $4 lb. here to have my bottle filled. The install is a few bolts on the TB, mounting the bottle brackets, run the line and wire up the relay and tps sensor.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009
I've got a NX wet kit, haven't put it in yet. If you can swing it, go with a blower. I like Kenne Bell and Procharger personally. Nitrous is cheaper unless you get careless with it. For cost, I paid $4 lb. here to have my bottle filled. The install is a few bolts on the TB, mounting the bottle brackets, run the line and wire up the relay and tps sensor.
Sounds easy I have a procharger on my 02 gt people either know what it is or think your stuff is jacked up when you drive by its defenatily loud
Old 11-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister

Sounds easy I have a procharger on my 02 gt people either know what it is or think your stuff is jacked up when you drive by its defenatily loud
Lol. I've always liked the F-series. You can't hear yourself think standing beside one
Old 11-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009

Lol. I've always liked the F-series. You can't hear yourself think standing beside one
Yea that's why I would go with a whipple if your using it for daily driving or long commutes so u can actually here the radio/yourself think or talk to anyone lol and the whipple will have a bigger power span
Old 11-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
N20 is hardly more dangerous to a motor than forced induction. It has to be tuned for it properly and it'll run just fine. You can get a pretty nice setup for ~$1,200.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Good luck but you better start putting some money away for a new engine. That juice is a death sentence. Even most engines built around nitrous have to have there internals pulled once a year.
Bluebaretoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebaretoe
Good luck but you better start putting some money away for a new engine. That juice is a death sentence. Even most engines built around nitrous have to have there internals pulled once a year.
Iv never heard of that. If I did get nitrous it would only be used just every once in a wile like once a month if that but if it is to much trouble I will just go for the whipple then it is there on demand ant got to worry bought filling tanks and all that other stuff
Old 11-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Then you've been around the wrong people who can't tune properly. I ran plenty of it through my last bike for over 5 years and no issues. Sold that bike at a healthy price and the guy called me a week later and asked me to remove it; then he gave me the whole setup back, lol! A mild nitrous setup isn't going to hurt anything (100-125), just get tuned for it and make sure everything runs properly, whi,ch incidentally, is no different than a blower/turbo setup because if they don't run properly you'll break the motor just the same. Seen it happen plenty of times with either kind of setup on a dyno or track. Find a place/tuner that you know and trust that will set your stuff up properly. I have a guy locally I trust that backs all of his work - nothing leaves his shop without running the way it should. He's now moving to a much larger shop, has been very successful with little public paid advertising. His personal car runs on a 400hp dual stage setup. One of the strongest LT1-based cars in the country.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall
Then you've been around the wrong people who can't tune properly. I ran plenty of it through my last bike for over 5 years and no issues. Sold that bike at a healthy price and the guy called me a week later and asked me to remove it; then he gave me the whole setup back, lol! A mild nitrous setup isn't going to hurt anything (100-125), just get tuned for it and make sure everything runs properly, whi,ch incidentally, is no different than a blower/turbo setup because if they don't run properly you'll break the motor just the same. Seen it happen plenty of times with either kind of setup on a dyno or track. Find a place/tuner that you know and trust that will set your stuff up properly. I have a guy locally I trust that backs all of his work - nothing leaves his shop without running the way it should. He's now moving to a much larger shop, has been very successful with little public paid advertising. His personal car runs on a 400hp dual stage setup. One of the strongest LT1-based cars in the country.
That's why I was thinking its like everything else it's all in the tune and how much u push

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Any body know of any good tuners in alabama or around
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

There's always a risk of some sort in whatever route you choose to make that extra 100+ hp out of a motor thats been run through the ringer in testing labs by engineers to be happy at 412 hp. Of course there's a cushion in there, no different than a bridge - the sign says the limit on that bridge is 10,000 lbs. Doesn't mean it will fall through at 10,005 lbs. You could probably go over weight on that bridge for a while, just remember you've exceeded that limit set by the engineers and are now using up that extra "cushion" they built into it.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Buddy in Alabama is on his 6th motor running 100 shot nitrous , yea he drags a lot I wouldn't use nitrous at all but tjm
Jrsgrabber50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsgrabber50
Buddy in Alabama is on his 6th motor running 100 shot nitrous , yea he drags a lot I wouldn't use nitrous at all but tjm
What part of alabama y'all from I go to steal drag way every once in a while
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Nitrous cheap quick and easy. Blower more $ quicker and easyisher. Blower if you have the money patients, although nitrous will stress around the sameish but less use BUT the quiet N2O inhale is nothing compared to the scream of a wicked blower.
Make that girl scream
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

What shot should I use that won't require a tune I have a tuner just don't want to void the Warrenty with it
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister
What shot should I use that won't require a tune I have a tuner just don't want to void the Warrenty with it
I think the only size without a tune is an empty one. And if worried about warranty nitrous will laugh in its face, voiding it so tune away
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #30
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Umm, so you want to potentially break your motor and expect ford to fix your mistakes on their dime? Please tell me that's not what you're saying

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Haha yea iv heard ppl say they have run 75 hp jets without a tune but yea I would like to keep my Warrenty till I atleast get past 15000 miles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang, nitrous