Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Bama tune or lund tune or steeda tune

48K views 89 replies 27 participants last post by  ab_mach1 
#1 ·
Looking to get sct but don't know what way to go? Any suggestions?

#5 ·
I saw a ton of threads about people having major issues with their SCT but I had no problems whatsoever. People were saying when they changed tunes they had issues and had to be on the phone for hours with SCT. Just remember to return the car to stock before you load your tunes off the computer. RETURN TO STOCK BEFORE LOADING TUNES FROM COMPUTER.

#3 ·
Bama tunes are pretty safe and you get 3 tunes plus free tunes for life.

Lund is $200 per tune (worth it) and will be pretty aggressive.

Steeda........I have no experience with.

This topic has been discussed many times. Use the search feature to find some more info/threads.

#6 ·
I'm using Bama. I will not use a Lund tune because of the cost per tune and he is hard to communicate with from what I've heard. I will be getting a dyno tune soon. I've heard nothing but good things about the Lund tunes from friends though.

FYI,if you choose to get a Cammed tune from Lund you will get your regular tune and that same tune with the cam for $200.

#7 ·
DDTCM said:
I'm using Bama. I will not use a Lund tune because of the cost per tune and he is hard to communicate with from what I've heard. I will be getting a dyno tune soon. I've heard nothing but good things about the Lund tunes from friends though.

FYI,if you choose to get a Cammed tune from Lund you will get your regular tune and that same tune with the cam for $200.
$200 is steep for a tune lol I'm sure they are great but this is my daily driver not my weekend race car so I think I'll just go with bama then... I just want a little more pep

#10 ·
I've run performance the most and on race right now. I'm gonna put it back on performance since I can't tell much difference between the two. The thing I noticed first was idle(stick shift) after take off my car idles at @1200 rpm when I come to complete stop it goes down to 800. Throttle response is better as well. Hard to go wrong with tuner. Easy to setup, I was worried at first but just follow on screen directions and your done.

#11 ·
DDTCM said:
I saw a ton of threads about people having major issues with their SCT but I had no problems whatsoever. People were saying when they changed tunes they had issues and had to be on the phone for hours with SCT. Just remember to return the car to stock before you load your tunes off the computer. RETURN TO STOCK BEFORE LOADING TUNES FROM COMPUTER.
Yeah, I've heard the horror stories too. I plan to keep using Bama until I go supercharged, then I'll have it Dyno tuned.

#12 ·
DDTCM said:
Very important!! I did this wrong and my car was out of comission for like a week until i could get my tuner redone.

#14 ·
primer2tone said:
Yeah, I've heard the horror stories too. I plan to keep using Bama until I go supercharged, then I'll have it Dyno tuned.
I think almost all the horror stories were on 13's.

11-12 never had any such issues. I also think that SCT and bama have solved those "brick" situations.

I run bama 93 race as dd.

#17 ·
nhcowboy said:

11-12 never had any such issues. I also think that SCT and bama have solved those "brick" situations.

Damn don't say that I have a 13 lol but how different does the tune make your car feel? And your auto too right? Because that's what I have

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

primer2tone said:
Do you have some kind of mental malfunction? Get that tune you wanker! :p
Lol I planned on getting a tuner first but deals on eBay I couldn't resist so I went backwards aha

#18 ·
Mustang32Bill said:
Damn don't say that I have a 13 lol but how different does the tune make your car feel? And your auto too right? Because that's what I have
Yea i heard that the 13's had a little something different (compression wise) if i remember someone on here said that Bama didnt take into account which caused problems with the 13's. Hopefully those problems are fixed by now. And a tune will make a pretty big differencw. Especially if you have a auto. Because your shift points are perfect.

#20 ·
nhcowboy said:

Ah, that's good to hear. I've been using the 93 Street tune.

Personally, I only want the tune so that I can modify my car safely and not risk damaging my engine. I'm not trying to get the most out of tune just yet.

#21 ·
Mustang32Bill said:
Ha. Primer said wanker.

I've got an auto... Night and day. This thing explodes at WOT. Even with really...really...really good street tires (pilot super sports), I spin/chirp at launch, chirp through second... And third... Sometimes 4th. (I $hit you not).

A bit scary at the track without better drag tires.

#22 ·
nhcowboy said:
Ha. Primer said wanker.

I've got an auto... Night and day. This thing explodes at WOT. Even with really...really...really good street tires (pilot super sports), I spin/chirp at launch, chirp through second... And third... Sometimes 4th. (I $hit you not).

A bit scary at the track without better drag tires.
You run the cam tune too?

#28 ·
nhcowboy said:
I think the cam tune is only available for off road exhausts and manual trans.

Sooooo.... No ;).
Talked to AM about needing o/r exhaust. I was told it is not completely necessary. The tune will work with cats on. However over time it will damage the cats.

What do u have to do to have the stock tune loaded on the programmer? How often do u have to update and how do u know its time to do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.