Thinking about getting a boss spliter. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
They're also extremely useful for indicating you've just driven too far into a parking curb.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall
They're also extremely useful for indicating you've just driven too far into a parking curb.
Curb checkers.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
That's an expensive curb feeler...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Man im going to really build this out of fiberglass, its my winter project

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

If you guys want to help by posting measure specs or any info it would help
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly after just installing one on mine, i'm not even sure how you'd measure it accurately without a set of blueprints or OEM drawings to work from.

I have a GT/CS, so I pulled the lower bumper off of my car, so I could flip it over and do all the drilling easier on my workbench, and so i'd be able to clamp and tape it in place to get it set correctly. It took a good bit of time, but I can't see how you'd do it on the car without going nuts.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post
Honestly after just installing one on mine, i'm not even sure how you'd measure it accurately without a set of blueprints or OEM drawings to work from.

I have a GT/CS, so I pulled the lower bumper off of my car, so I could flip it over and do all the drilling easier on my workbench, and so i'd be able to clamp and tape it in place to get it set correctly. It took a good bit of time, but I can't see how you'd do it on the car without going nuts.
I did it on the car with ramps. Took about an hour in the cold.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I'm way too OCD to have been able to do that. I did mine in my basement with good lighting, on my workbench, and still took 3 hours from lining it all up, to drilling holes, and then getting it all bolted up just right. I wasn't in any particular hurry... Maybe I have a problem? lol... I'm sure I could have done it in the garage, on the car, but it would have made me a little nutty doing it.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm way too OCD to have been able to do that. I did mine in my basement with good lighting, on my workbench, and still took 3 hours from lining it all up, to drilling holes, and then getting it all bolted up just right. I wasn't in any particular hurry... Maybe I have a problem? lol... I'm sure I could have done it in the garage, on the car, but it would have made me a little nutty doing it.
Haha Nah. Nothing wrong with that. Better if you feel uncomfortable in anyway to make your life easier. Not exactly a piece you want to mess up, the boss/Cs fascia.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

That's a fact, better to take your time if you feel like you need to. That CS fascia was easier to remove than I expected though, 18,000 bolts (ok so it was only like a dozen or so, but it seemed like more) and 3 electrical connections, not so bad really. I used my cordless drill with a socket attachment on the end, so the number of bolts wasn't really an issue, just more fun with power-tools I can't wait to get my side skirts installed, i'm waiting a bit to do them since they have adheasive bits that need to stick, and it's cold here in Central Ohio. I'll fire up the heater and install them in the next week or so i'm sure.

I'll be interested to hear more feedback on that air suspension system from American Muscle, i've eyed that myself... would be a nice addition after I get some other mods and parts done.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's a fact, better to take your time if you feel like you need to. That CS fascia was easier to remove than I expected though, 18,000 bolts (ok so it was only like a dozen or so, but it seemed like more) and 3 electrical connections, not so bad really. I used my cordless drill with a socket attachment on the end, so the number of bolts wasn't really an issue, just more fun with power-tools I can't wait to get my side skirts installed, i'm waiting a bit to do them since they have adheasive bits that need to stick, and it's cold here in Central Ohio. I'll fire up the heater and install them in the next week or so i'm sure.

I'll be interested to hear more feedback on that air suspension system from American Muscle, i've eyed that myself... would be a nice addition after I get some other mods and parts done.
yeah I have pulled my bumper off more than a few times, gets easier everytime, I can maybe get it all the way off now in 15 mins. I installed the CS/Boss Fascia a week out of major surgery when I was supposed to be resting...but the parts were sitting in my living room calling me.

Yeah I got a new trunklid panel off a 2013 GT that I cannot wait to install, but I am in southwest ohio and same as where you are I am sure!

Yeah I've seen nothing but good reviews on them, and it is far cheaper than I expected. I always thought they were 4K+. I can save up the extra 800ish for something that cool. Specially since it can raise the car an inch above stock, so be easier to pull out of some driveways with the boss splitter.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Just saw this thread and figured I'd post this to help clear up the "what does it do" question. at about 7:30 in the video the ford rep explains... "90lbs of downforce, at 120MPH". so take it for what its worth but this is what ford says. In my daily driving I don't generally hit 120 but it looks cool.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT