Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Longtube header HP gains.

19K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Bladezx 
#1 ·
So......do longtubes really give you more hp or is it deleteing the cats and putting in a tune thats giving the higher HP. Has anyone already had a tune and cat deletes dynoed then put on longtubes then dynoed again to see the real increase?

#2 ·
I've dyno'd with tune,CAI, and Roush exhaust and I just installed LTs,off road X and Boss mani. We are setting up another dyno day so we will see soon where she is. Alot of people are going for just a off road mid pipe because they are getting gains that are almost the same as when adding LTs (so they say) and saving money by not going full exhaust. With my 07 I put on LTs,HF catted H,CAI and tune all at the same time and saw a 30 to 40 whp gain. I'm saying 30 to 40 because I never had a baseline and the 3V usually pulls in the range of 260whp stock.

#3 ·
DDTCM said:
I've dyno'd with tune,CAI, and Roush exhaust and I just installed LTs,off road X and Boss mani. We are setting up another dyno day so we will see soon where she is. Alot of people are going for just a off road mid pipe because they are getting gains that are almost the same as when adding LTs (so they say) and saving money by not going full exhaust. With my 07 I put on LTs,HF catted H,CAI and tune all at the same time and saw a 30 to 40 whp gain. I'm saying 30 to 40 because I never had a baseline and the 3V usually pulls in the range of 260whp stock.
Whatd you dyno with the cai and tune? SAE?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.