Blinking Check Engine Light - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I had trouble with ford they still didn't fix mine I was kind considerate I even got nasty didn't help , its 2 yrs old. they just dropped me
manlaw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I had the blinking CEL once a few weeks ago so yesterday I took it in to a local German dealership. They say they did a PCM update. They couldn't tell me if it was related to the TSB. I just hope it fixed it. I drove it hard and no issues. I'm gona run it another 1k miles or so before I tune it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130327_165658.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	98939
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
I had the blinking CEL once a few weeks ago so yesterday I took it in to a local German dealership. They say they did a PCM update. They couldn't tell me if it was related to the TSB. I just hope it fixed it. I drove it hard and no issues. I'm gona run it another 1k miles or so before I tune it.

Attachment 98939
I can't read your picture haha but the first time it happened to me it was then 3000 miles before it happened again. As long as your dealer is cool I don't think they'll give up just because you tune it. Hopefully.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Was on highway a couple weeks ago and was trying to accelerate into a merge when I noticed my engine was unresponsive when I tried to give it more gas and looked down to see a blinking checking engine light and my heart dropped I just got this car in February. After the first CEL it didn't occur until last week.

I tried to replicate and was able to do it twice. Once in fourth gear holding steady between 3 and 4000 rpms and once in 5th at same rpms.

All signs point to the same issue posted above and i have an appointment Tuesday. Hopefully they can use the tsb update and fix.

Just so Im prepared. I assume the tsb update is covered under warranty? I only have a roush axle back installed so it should be covered.
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebz13 View Post
Was on highway a couple weeks ago and was trying to accelerate into a merge when I noticed my engine was unresponsive when I tried to give it more gas and looked down to see a blinking checking engine light and my heart dropped I just got this car in February. After the first CEL it didn't occur until last week.

I tried to replicate and was able to do it twice. Once in fourth gear holding steady between 3 and 4000 rpms and once in 5th at same rpms.

All signs point to the same issue posted above and i have an appointment Tuesday. Hopefully they can use the tsb update and fix.

Just so Im prepared. I assume the tsb update is covered under warranty? I only have a roush axle back installed so it should be covered.
You'll be fine. It is just a PCM update I believe.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. My uncle told me the same thing. I'm just glad it's a small issue as opposed to transmission issues like the 11s and 12s had.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Got my car back from the dealer for misfire issues. They installed TSB 13-1-11. I could feel the difference. It might be me but the engine seemed to sound better. I have a roush axle back and it also didn't sound as loud as it used to. Still when you get on it, it sounds like a monster.

But the update seems to be working fine and I personally feel better performance as well. Granted I did have an oil change as well so that could have contributed.

Additionally it was covered by my factory warranty and the axle back exhaust didn't void it. Hope this helps anyone with misfire issues.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #78

Region: Florida
hi everyone. Im from Argentina i bought a 2011 5.0 GT MT Mustang in february 2012 in Florida and i import to my country. In argentina Ford doesnt ever sell Mustang`s. Im having this problem the same that you have. the CEL code its 303 and 305, so cilinder 3 and 5. My question is that i need a dealer computer to reflash or update the software for the ECU or a good programer can do it?. Also i want to know if this misfire could broke the engine or just do the car lost power?

thx to all.
emigual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #79

Region: Florida
if the ones that could fix this problem can give me the contact of the dealer who solved this problem thats be great, so i`ll try to contact them and maybe can tell from where i can download the update.

thx again!
emigual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I had the cel/miss fire issue on my 2013 5.0 m6 base. Car went back to the dealer 6 times before the o ring on the CPS was changed. That fixed the issue. I believe there is a TSB for this fix now too. If not have your dealer do a hotline request into engineering and also call your area CSM/CRM. Both tsb's the TSB 13-01-11 didn't work for me
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
check engine