2013 fuel economy - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwandrewz View Post

Shift on bro! Put a challenged rt in its place a month ago!
Lol i have a friend with a challenger srt 8 and mine is way louder then his. I also beat him in a race every time haha.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I am amazed though at some of the cars that pull up next too me and rev their engines. Civics, eclipses, jettas, porsches, stock vettes, etc. I am far louder, and they learn that very quick lol.
So funny. I tell my wife this all the time. Funniest was a tuner look-a-like with 4 gauge pods on the pilar came up to me revving his engine. Those coffee can mufflers sound like my lawnmower. Anyway, I obliged and revved back once. He stopped. When the light turned green he floored it and the front wheels just spun. Almost fell out of my car laughing. I let him go. Probably went to his friends that night talking how he smoked a mustang.

My best was against an actual '13 stage 3 Roush the other week. Car looked good and we sounded pretty much the same. I was a bit louder but might attribute to the open CAI. Anyway, we came off a line hard and he stuck with me but I pulled away by at least a car length. We slowed back down and we gave each other the thumbs up. That's what I love about our group. We have fun and respect other Mustangs.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Just got back from a road trip. Mileage is over 21, and miles to empty on a full tank now sitting at about 336. Considering the engine, I have no complaints.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
Just got back from a road trip. Mileage is over 21, and miles to empty on a full tank now sitting at about 336. Considering the engine, I have no complaints.
+1. If I wanted economy I'd get a Prius. 3.73 gears: Open road full tank heading out over KS I get upward of 23-24. City driving I'm more around 19. Heavy foot I'm as low as 16.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post
+1. If I wanted economy I'd get a Prius. 3.73 gears: Open road full tank heading out over KS I get upward of 23-24. City driving I'm more around 19. Heavy foot I'm as low as 16.
same gearing here, I get better MPG at 80 MPH at the waht about 2150ish it sits than 60MPH under 2000RPM.

was doing 22 at that speed. Usually average 19.3 doing 65 my whole 40 min drive.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

same gearing here, I get better MPG at 80 MPH at the waht about 2150ish it sits than 60MPH under 2000RPM.

was doing 22 at that speed. Usually average 19.3 doing 65 my whole 40 min drive.
What? It is pretty rare to get better mileage at a higher speed-with that much of a gap, 20 mph.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

What? It is pretty rare to get better mileage at a higher speed-with that much of a gap, 20 mph.
Yeah I known. I hit a lotta minor hills and the car struggles with them at 60 but blows over them at 80. I would guess that is where it comes from?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I known. I hit a lotta minor hills and the car struggles with them at 60 but blows over them at 80. I would guess that is where it comes from?
Maybe. On a standard speed/mpg chart, what you said is improbable, but engines have sweet spots and with your hills and your situation you must land perfect in it. I am not an expert, so I couldn't really say more than that it is unusual lol.

What I DO know, is that if you want better in the future, accelerate down hill and coast more up hill. You will use less fuel that way.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe. On a standard speed/mpg chart, what you said is improbable, but engines have sweet spots and with your hills and your situation you must land perfect in it. I am not an expert, so I couldn't really say more than that it is unusual lol.

What I DO know, is that if you want better in the future, accelerate down hill and coast more up hill. You will use less fuel that way.
yeah I know, it is a 40 min drive like that though, so I get her to the speed I want, and just go with the cruise control.

If paying for gas was a problem I would probably try harder.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah I know, it is a 40 min drive like that though, so I get her to the speed I want, and just go with the cruise control.

If paying for gas was a problem I would probably try harder.
I got ya. I am on the mobile app, what Mustang do you have?

Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got ya. I am on the mobile app, what Mustang do you have?
2011 Mustang 5.0
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Front end, fascia, is stock? Any improvements aerodynamically?

Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Front end, fascia, is stock? Any improvements aerodynamically?
No haha, it is the Boss/CS fascia plus the boss splitter. Minor. I would say the car feels a very small amount easier to keep speeds on the highway. MPG maybe went up .1 to .2 so more looks than anything.

I get mistaken for a Boss 302 a lot though. If I had the Boss C stripe and took off my 5.0 badges 90% of people I see wouldn't know and unless I opened the hood would think I have a boss.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No haha, it is the Boss/CS fascia plus the boss splitter. Minor. I would say the car feels a very small amount easier to keep speeds on the highway. MPG maybe went up .1 to .2 so more looks than anything.

I get mistaken for a Boss 302 a lot though. If I had the Boss C stripe and took off my 5.0 badges 90% of people I see wouldn't know and unless I opened the hood would think I have a boss.
Your top speed should be in excess of 185, and you cruising at 80 takes almost twice as much hp as cruising at 60, 21hp ish to 42 ish. I bet your splitter does more than you think, especially the way the numbers worked out. Just got to internet for the first time in a week r so, your vehicle looks good. I love the two hash marks on the wheel well. If mine wasn't a daily driver, I would have done grabber blue with those black hashes, regardless of how good red looks.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your top speed should be in excess of 185, and you cruising at 80 takes almost twice as much hp as cruising at 60, 21hp ish to 42 ish. I bet your splitter does more than you think, especially the way the numbers worked out. Just got to internet for the first time in a week r so, your vehicle looks good. I love the two hash marks on the wheel well. If mine wasn't a daily driver, I would have done grabber blue with those black hashes, regardless of how good red looks.
Yeah it very well might. I can't say I noticed a difference myself, but I can agree it might help more than I can noticeably tell.

Thank you . I get all kinds of odd comments about the hash marks. People either love them, or ask me why I didn't go by a dodge...lol.

I do like the grabber blue, but red has always been my favorite color. I actually liked Fords Candy Red until I saw it in person. Was too dark for me. I think the Race Red is awesome because I stick out like a sore thumb, but Grabber Blue does too.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apod91 View Post
Seen a few in car vids of 2013 gt track packs and noticed there mileage to empty was like in the 280's mine never goes above 215 granted I do have 2000mi so far and use only premium fuel and with this gas shortage in NYC I've been really easy on the last 2 tanks and still can't get more then 200-220 out of a tank , what's up with that? Something wrong or just still breakin in?
I get about 325 per tank now after my time. Was getting around 260 before
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Reporting in from a 13 hour drive from Texas to GA on a steady 24.5 gas mileage. Car has the Bama performance tune, cat deletes, h-pipe, Boss mani, air aid CAI. I was impressed!!! Thanks to the trip i now have a lil over 8000 miles on her.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT