Itsx tuner, who has it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Itsx tuner, who has it?

Ordered one and it should be here today or Monday. Can't wait. Heard a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. I will give my review after I receive it.. Now those that have it, how do the updates work for it, do u update the app or do you do something with the dongle? I am pretty sure the instructions will say, but I am curious and excited about it now! Let me know !
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I'm very interested in how this works out for you. Will you be using the iPad or iPhone along with it?

I would seriously consider switching to this tuner and mounting a iPad in the car for the track apps and tuning on the fly.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I will be using the iPad 3, I did receive it in the mail today.... Let me start this with the reason why I chose the itsx wireless/Bluetooth device. I felt that with the ability to use my iPad that I would have a lot more options, at least I am expecting a lot more options, I felt that with the little screens on the other devices that I would be limited to what I could do. So on with it!

First impressions...

I spent 469 for this?....

Little box, little "dongle"!

No instructions, probably because they are all on the app that I downloaded...

I should be getting my tune emailed on Monday..

And for the update it will show in the app, I can just select the "check for updates" tab and boom... It checks for updates...

Stand by for a more in depth review once I get the tune.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Regular
Supporter

Sometimes big things come in small packages.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Wolf in sheeps clothing.

Ect,ect,ect.....
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Sometimes big things come in small packages.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Wolf in sheeps clothing.

Ect,ect,ect.....
Lol! I know what you mean! So far I am pretty sure I like the dongle better then having a corded device...
Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Regular
Supporter

Are you going to mount the iPad?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly, I thought about it.... But on the other hand I have the iPhone and it old be easier to figure a way I mount that... Have not thought that far ahead just yet....
Old 11-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross View Post
Ordered one and it should be here today or Monday. Can't wait. Heard a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. I will give my review after I receive it.. Now those that have it, how do the updates work for it, do u update the app or do you do something with the dongle? I am pretty sure the instructions will say, but I am curious and excited about it now! Let me know !
Good luck my man. I ordered the Bama tuner, so I hope we both have good results.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross
Honestly, I thought about it.... But on the other hand I have the iPhone and it old be easier to figure a way I mount that... Have not thought that far ahead just yet....
I had the same problem... Just posted a write up on my ghetto fabrication skillz.

It isn't perfect, but might inspire you to do a better job!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross
I will be using the iPad 3, I did receive it in the mail today.... Let me start this with the reason why I chose the itsx wireless/Bluetooth device. I felt that with the ability to use my iPad that I would have a lot more options, at least I am expecting a lot more options, I felt that with the little screens on the other devices that I would be limited to what I could do. So on with it!

First impressions...

I spent 469 for this?....

Little box, little "dongle"!

No instructions, probably because they are all on the app that I downloaded...

I should be getting my tune emailed on Monday..

And for the update it will show in the app, I can just select the "check for updates" tab and boom... It checks for updates...

Stand by for a more in depth review once I get the tune.
I got the itsx a few months ago. My tunes were on the tuner already when I received it. It's totally worth it tho. Also it's cool to pull out ur phone or iPad have ur tuner be on there. I love the iTSX app and all the features

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
I got the itsx a few months ago. My tunes were on the tuner already when I received it. It's totally worth it tho. Also it's cool to pull out ur phone or iPad have ur tuner be on there. I love the iTSX app and all the features
I would have had my tunes by now also, however I got so e info to them late, so they sent the tuner out and will send me the tunes on Monday... I'm ok With that. I need to find me some open road so I can open her up...she has 1500 miles and I have babied her the entire time... Going on 3 1/2 months now...
Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT

Works with android too

I think it'd be neat to buy a cheap 7" android tablet and install it in the car dash somehow.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Works with android too

I think it'd be neat to buy a cheap 7" android tablet and install it in the car dash somehow.
That's a great idea!
Mustang32Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #14
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
There are several different ways and mounts you can buy. Here is an example from ipadforums.net

ipad holder in 2011 Mustang

Do drilling required......
http://padholdr.com/ipad-holder/75107-710.jpg
Old 11-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
There are several different ways and mounts you can buy. Here is an example from ipadforums.net

ipad holder in 2011 Mustang

Do drilling required......
http://padholdr.com/ipad-holder/75107-710.jpg
love how one of the comment under the link is saying that he would like to see it installed in a "real sports car." Good thing the mustang is a muscle car or i'd have to kick his ***.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I would have had my tunes by now also, however I got so e info to them late, so they sent the tuner out and will send me the tunes on Monday... I'm ok With that. I need to find me some open road so I can open her up...she has 1500 miles and I have babied her the entire time... Going on 3 1/2 months now...
Did I miss it or did you state we're you're getting your custom tunes from? If you did go with Bama, I'd like to hear your feedback, once you get them installed today.

As for the iTsX- It's awesome to play with on an Ipad! I was looking for a better way to mount one myself, so I could view all of the gauges and parameters. I think you'll be glad you want this route for sure!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Did I miss it or did you state we're you're getting your custom tunes from? If you did go with Bama, I'd like to hear your feedback, once you get them installed today.

As for the iTsX- It's awesome to play with on an Ipad! I was looking for a better way to mount one myself, so I could view all of the gauges and parameters. I think you'll be glad you want this route for sure!

Shane

I did not go thru Bama for the tune... I think I might want to try it out though, to compare.. Just getting into the modded thing, I am sure I will be throwing some more business your way, the car cover I got from you is really doing its job! Lasted thru hurricane sandy just fine..
Old 11-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Shane
Pm sent...
Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I did not go thru Bama for the tune... I think I might want to try it out though, to compare.. Just getting into the modded thing, I am sure I will be throwing some more business your way, the car cover I got from you is really doing its job! Lasted thru hurricane sandy just fine..
I'm glad it made it through Hurricane Sandy with no issues! That shows it's ready for just about anything haha.

I've also replied to your PM. Let me know if you're looking for more info!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT