Mustang Evolution Forum banner

First oil change what oil

8K views 48 replies 31 participants last post by  Compstall 
#1 ·
What oil did you use on your new mustang gt after the first oil change and how many miles did you do the first and second oil change

#6 ·
Redstang1 said:
Damn how many quarts are you using. On average I spend 100
There using 8 quarts like every coyote engine should. Oil is still golden at every change.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

sinister said:
Sounds like the dealer has the hook up may just do that I like to change my own oil though it makes a bond with the car and I but at that price you can't beat that
I've changed the oil on every vehicle I owned. As long as I keep paying the 45 and they don't break stuff ill keep going to the dealer.

#7 ·
2012Vader5.0 said:
There using 8 quarts like every coyote engine should. Oil is still golden at every change.
Wish mine was golden! Ha. Ran it pretty hard on two track days... And about 5k on the street. Royal purple. Was very dark but still consistent viscosity and slippery...ness(don't know if that is a word).

I usually go 3k-5k full synthetic.

I was the old school paranoid guy who did first change at 1k. (I did and do drive her hard everyday) Full synthetic at that and since.

I've never had an issue burning/loosing oil between changes.

#8 ·
nhcowboy said:
Wish mine was golden! Ha. Ran it pretty hard on two track days... And about 5k on the street. Royal purple. Was very dark but still consistent viscosity and slippery...ness(don't know if that is a word).

I usually go 3k-5k full synthetic.

I was the old school paranoid guy who did first change at 1k. (I did and do drive her hard everyday) Full synthetic at that and since.

I've never had an issue burning/loosing oil between changes.
I'm old school also, bought my car with 870 miles on it, got payments and total price where I wanted them, then battled for half an hour to get them to change the oil before I would sign the final price agreement.

#9 ·
I changed mine to Mobil 1 at 1100-1200 miles. Usually every 5k after that. I have almost 5k on the car now so it's getting close to time again. Usually I use Royal Purple but am gonna go this route for a while.

#10 ·
Use nothing but the Best....Mobil 1!

Attachments

#11 ·
Changed the factory sludge out at 1500 miles. Been running Royal Purple 5w-20 ever since. Haven't lost a drop either.

#22 ·
Seem's like every one are useing premium oils . But are you useing a premium filter designed for syntheic oils . there is a big difference in filter design for syntheic oils
I am. The last 2 changes I used a Mobil 1 oil filter and the change before that an OEM Motorcraft filter.

#14 ·
Lugnut said:
Seem's like every one are useing premium oils . But are you useing a premium filter designed for syntheic oils . there is a big difference in filter design for syntheic oils
This is a great point that many overlook. I use royal purple now but used mob1 on my last car. I think there performance is about the same, it's more a preference thing I think. I started with royal so I will stick with it but that's the only reason I don't go back to mob1.

#21 ·
Lugnut said:
Motorcraft OEM oil filter... Never had an issue and it is what they use when using motorcraft full synthetic.

At some point I may switch to a different, but the oem filter is good.

#24 ·
sinister said:
Does anyone know if I have to have it changed by ford to keep my Warrenty
So. Technically no as long as you have receipts/ proof you kept the schedule.

With that said, I've had dealerships try to not cover a warranty head gadget blow because they said I didn't follow the maintenance schedule. Ironically I did... With them. They said it wasn't in their system. I had the receipts. So they honored it. If I had done the oil changes myself, I would have absolute needed receipts.

I personally do my oil changes sooner than recommended... So every other one I let the dealership do it so they can't give me crap as that is still on the "official" schedule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.