20000 mile check up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tominkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 374
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
20000 mile check up

I received my 20000 mile check up on my 2012 5.0 under warranty !! I have a SCT 93 race Tune installed!! Should I remove my tune and set it back to stock tune before I take it in!! I have Magnaflow Catbacks with the completion tips . What do you all think!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Your cat backs should be fine as long as you still have cats. I'd reinstall your stock tune a few days before you taking it in.

I think they can still tell if it had a tune but I don't know for sure.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tominkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 374
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Yea that's what I was thinking!! I would hate to have them hook up to the computer and change or update it and still have the SCT TUNE INSTALLED!. Thanks for your help!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Yup, no problem.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
I've always taken my car in still tuned. Debating on whether to take it in with the cat deletes on though. It is a family owned dealer and they have had plenty of business from me and referrals so I don't think they'd say anything.

So my point is, always depends on your dealer.

If they complain about me lacking cats, I'll tell them I didn't know it was illegal and I'll put them back on right away . We don't have echeck here so no one really cares.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tominkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 374
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I still have cats on!! Just don't want them toget into the computer and do a update or seething when I still have my SCT race tune installed!! It is a 20,000 mile check up!! But only have 12,000 on it!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I've taken my car to the dealer with a boss intake manifold, CAI, offroad xpipe, roush mufflers, and BBR tune, not to mention the plethora of suspension mods, they never said a word to me. Just the other day I was on the that finally canceled my extended warranty
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I've taken my car to the dealer with a boss intake manifold, CAI, offroad xpipe, roush mufflers, and BBR tune, not to mention the plethora of suspension mods, they never said a word to me. Just the other day I was on the that finally canceled my extended warranty
What state do you live in grabber blue?

Also it doesn't make sense for them to say anything unless they can pin the problems on your mods. That is a good way to loose a customer. Specially when the mustang generally gets modded 10-1 over cameras and challengers and what not. Most modded muscle car I've seen.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

What state do you live in grabber blue?

Also it doesn't make sense for them to say anything unless they can pin the problems on your mods. That is a good way to loose a customer. Specially when the mustang generally gets modded 10-1 over cameras and challengers and what not. Most modded muscle car I've seen.
Mustang is for sure the #1 most modded car. Thats why i buy mustang cuz i can make it my own. I had an issue with a ford dealership before that was total bs. I brought my 06 stang in once and all that i had was k&n airintake and flowmasters. The car wasn't responding to throttle at all and the car would not go once i pushed on the gas so i took it in and they looked at it and told me that because the airintake they couldn't even look at. Yes i know this is bs but thats what he said. So i took it to another ford dealer and they took it with no problem and said that one of the fuel pumps when't out. So i asked the service tech if it matters if the airintake was on and would it be a problem and he said no only if it was installed improperly then it would but other then that no. I was like wow really you got to be kidding me.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
if they check they can see if it was tuned or not~ you can roll it back to stock just to be a little more safe if you wish
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Mustang is for sure the #1 most modded car. Thats why i buy mustang cuz i can make it my own. I had an issue with a ford dealership before that was total bs. I brought my 06 stang in once and all that i had was k&n airintake and flowmasters. The car wasn't responding to throttle at all and the car would not go once i pushed on the gas so i took it in and they looked at it and told me that because the airintake they couldn't even look at. Yes i know this is bs but thats what he said. So i took it to another ford dealer and they took it with no problem and said that one of the fuel pumps when't out. So i asked the service tech if it matters if the airintake was on and would it be a problem and he said no only if it was installed improperly then it would but other then that no. I was like wow really you got to be kidding me.
Yeah my local dealer has told me they will cover anything but my after market parts. And as long as they don't cause the damage.

Of all the dealers in my area I purchased from the one I did because of their customer service. I've been treated very bad by other dealers.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Yeah my local dealer has told me they will cover anything but my after market parts. And as long as they don't cause the damage.

Of all the dealers in my area I purchased from the one I did because of their customer service. I've been treated very bad by other dealers.
Its that crazy. I mean i would be more the happy to buy parts from a dealer but they are way to much for the price you can get them for aftermarket. I guess its the world we live in.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Its that crazy. I mean i would be more the happy to buy parts from a dealer but they are way to much for the price you can get them for aftermarket. I guess its the world we live in.
Yeah local ford dealer wanted 1200 dollars to do my gear install. The one I bought the car from said they wouldn't because they didn't have anybody who did them, they'd have to have a tech come in. They told me I'd be better off finding someone else to do it.

Local mustang only shop did it for 550.

Both prices were including everything.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Yeah local ford dealer wanted 1200 dollars to do my gear install. The one I bought the car from said they wouldn't because they didn't have anybody who did them, they'd have to have a tech come in. They told me I'd be better off finding someone else to do it.

Local mustang only shop did it for 550.

Both prices were including everything.
Wow so almost 600 difference for the same work. Then its a fact that dealer truly rip you off. What mustang do you have and what gears did you get install.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Wow so almost 600 difference for the same work. Then its a fact that dealer truly rip you off. What mustang do you have and what gears did you get install.
2011 5.0 and went from 3.31 to 3.73 gearing from FRPP.

Yeah the dealer I went to told me I had to have it installed there because they used "real ford parts" and I told them so does then other place and the guy started turning red with anger. Lol.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

2011 5.0 and went from 3.31 to 3.73 gearing from FRPP.

Yeah the dealer I went to told me I had to have it installed there because they used "real ford parts" and I told them so does then other place and the guy started turning red with anger. Lol.
Lol do these dealers have any idea there are other places that sale there same parts. Im kinda bitter towards dealers i have had some really bad experiences. I have question so the 3.73 gears i dont know to much about. How does it feel driving and is this for only auto or standard. Post a pic of ur car by the way i have 2013 5.0 ill post one of mine as well
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Lol do these dealers have any idea there are other places that sale there same parts. Im kinda bitter towards dealers i have had some really bad experiences. I have question so the 3.73 gears i dont know to much about. How does it feel driving and is this for only auto or standard. Post a pic of ur car by the way i have 2013 5.0 ill post one of mine as well
Changing the gears to 3.73 gets me off the line quicker. At the same time I do sit in a higher RPM on the highway than I did on 3.31 but I get much better city mpg.

The frpp gears are smooth and quiet. No noise like some other brands have. You can change your gearing whether you are auto or manual.

Didn't mean to add the picture twice lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121115_113124.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	76103   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121115_113322.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	76104  

__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Thats so good info i think i will get these gears one day but nice looking stang by the way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-328695671.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	76105  
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
I like those stripes you put on the fenders those look sick.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

What state do you live in grabber blue?

Also it doesn't make sense for them to say anything unless they can pin the problems on your mods. That is a good way to loose a customer. Specially when the mustang generally gets modded 10-1 over cameras and challengers and what not. Most modded muscle car I've seen.
Just south of you down here in Louisville
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712
Thats so good info i think i will get these gears one day but nice looking stang by the way
Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712
I like those stripes you put on the fenders those look sick.
Yeah generally you see em on the dodge chargers and challengers but I thought they looked sweet on a mustang.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Thank you
What mods have you done to your stang so far?
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Just south of you down here in Louisville
Oh OK so yeah no echeck for you either hah!

Yeah I am working in Florence now myself.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

What mods have you done to your stang so far?
Rush cai, 3.73 gears, roush axle backs, jba o/r x pipe, bama tuner, boss 302 tower strut bar.

That are the performance mod.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Oh OK so yeah no echeck for you either hah!

Yeah I am working in Florence now myself.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------



Rush cai, 3.73 gears, roush axle backs, jba o/r x pipe, bama tuner, boss 302 tower strut bar.

That are the performance mod.
Nice whats your hp with all that now. I can see the mods you did for the exterior anything crazy for the interior.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

Nice whats your hp with all that now. I can see the mods you did for the exterior anything crazy for the interior.
I dk I still need to have her dynod. Interior is 5.0 carpets, roush shift knob, and really right now that is it.

Plenty of plans on things to do, not enough money haha.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I dk I still need to have her dynod. Interior is 5.0 carpets, roush shift knob, and really right now that is it.

Plenty of plans on things to do, not enough money haha.
I fell ya bro im in the same boat. But im slowly getting mine modded just takes a while. Right now im just working on the exterior trying to complete the red black look. Just ordered black 5.0 emblems the other day and next will be a black grill for the 13 off of AM
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

I fell ya bro im in the same boat. But im slowly getting mine modded just takes a while. Right now im just working on the exterior trying to complete the red black look. Just ordered black 5.0 emblems the other day and next will be a black grill for the 13 off of AM
That'll look nice.

I am going to plasti dip the entire car matte black and do the grill and lower front fascia white or maybe monster green at some point.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

That'll look nice.

I am going to plasti dip the entire car matte black and do the grill and lower front fascia white or maybe monster green at some point.
The monster green would be sick but i keep hearing about the this plasti dip what is this stuff? Sorry if i sound dumb lol.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712

The monster green would be sick but i keep hearing about the this plasti dip what is this stuff? Sorry if i sound dumb lol.
WWW.dipyourcar.com
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.