Disable daytime running lights on a 2013 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Disable daytime running lights on a 2013 GT

Anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 2013 GT? The white led's look cool, but I wanna control the fog lights separately. Any ideas?
Raf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf63
Anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 2013 GT? The white led's look cool, but I wanna control the fog lights separately. Any ideas?
The fogs are already controlled separately. What do you mean?
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Not sure if pulling the parking brake handle up to the first click works or not, but LS1 cars used to do that sometimes.
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03

The fogs are already controlled separately. What do you mean?
Canadian 'stangs have valence fog lights (like on the CS) instead of in the grille like US GT's. The fogs are used as daytime running lights in conjunction with the horizontal led's by the headlights; they can only be turned off manually when I have my headlights on.

I suppose I can simply disconnect the fog lights from the factory harness and hook them up to a new relay and a new switch...

Yes pulling up the parking brake does turn the dtr's off, but I don't like the idea of driving with the parking brake maybe partially engaged.

I tried looking if perhaps there was a separate fuse for the dtr circuit, but I couldn't find anything...
Raf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf63

Canadian 'stangs have valence fog lights (like on the CS) instead of in the grille like US GT's. The fogs are used as daytime running lights in conjunction with the horizontal led's by the headlights; they can only be turned off manually when I have my headlights on.

I suppose I can simply disconnect the fog lights from the factory harness and hook them up to a new relay and a new switch...

Yes pulling up the parking brake does turn the dtr's off, but I don't like the idea of driving with the parking brake maybe partially engaged.

I tried looking if perhaps there was a separate fuse for the dtr circuit, but I couldn't find anything...
Oooo I see.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT