Couple issues with my new to me 2011 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #1

Region: Indiana
Couple issues with my new to me 2011

I picked up a used 2011 GT from a place in KY. It has 17k on it and runs good except for a couple things. Sometimes it's hard to put into 6th or just won't go. It doesn't grind but it's not as smooth as the rest. Sometimes you have to let off and try putting it into 6th again. 2nd issue is that the lower Ti VCT sensor is leaking oil around it on the passenger side. I haven't found much info on this with anyone else. So what the Ford warranty process like. I have read some horror stories about warranty claim being denied. I haven't done anything crazy with the car yet and don't plan to. I think its great just the way it is. But I have no idea on the history of the car. And I have never had to talk anything into Ford before. TBH this is the first car that I have owned with a warranty. So it's all new to me. But I have to find a good dealer around the Indianapolis area. I don't want to drive 3.5 hours south just to take it back to the dealer I bought it from.
HK_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Many have had transmission issues with the 2011 so just take it on into a nearby dealer. That's what the warranty is for and there is no way to tell if it was tuned by the 1st owner unless you take it in. I would highly recommend letting them know upfront that you bought it used and don't know the history on it.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Ray Skillman performance Ford.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Many have had transmission issues with the 2011 so just take it on into a nearby dealer. That's what the warranty is for and there is no way to tell if it was tuned by the 1st owner unless you take it in. I would highly recommend letting them know upfront that you bought it used and don't know the history on it.
There is a factory defect with the bolts on the pressure plate. I'm literally sitting at ford turning it in now to get fixed for the second time. However ford has been very good right now on trying to fix the problem, covered under drive train warranty so drop it off and let them fix it.
RedBandit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

+1 you've just gotta take it in. Be specific about the problems you are having. They should square you away.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT