interior problems? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
interior problems?

I have a 12 gt, and I keep having issues with pesky little things. Like the first week i had to get the passenger sun visor replaced because the lid on the mirror was broke and the mirror light wouldn't shut off, the next week the same thing happened to the driver side. Then the chrome trim around the shifter(auto) ,was loose and you could pick it up by hand. Now i've notice the little triangle piece on the driver door , the plastic clamp is broke off and rattles around. I bought this car brand new btw. Does anyone else have any of these issues??
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a 13 GT prem. with the track pack and nothing inside has broken, but one of the fog lights in the grill went out. 600.00 warranty work. I had to drive a free rental a Fusion ( it sucked ) god how I love my mustang, just got it back.
FlGtPrem013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have had the same exact problem with the visor mirror cover staying open with the light on, had it replaced.
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang
I have had the same exact problem with the visor mirror cover staying open with the light on, had it replaced.
At least im not the only one lol its no big deal really, just annoying.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The chrome rings around my guages rattle. I've been meaning to ask them to look at them. Also just thought about fixing it myself.

Might ask them about it when I take my car in next.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I think they paid to much attention to the new motor and forgot about all the small stuff
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator
I think they paid to much attention to the new motor and forgot about all the small stuff
I still believe we got a bargain for the $$ I'm not impressed with the materials used in the interior... My drivers seat is already showing wear, it's not a DD nor do I drag myself in and out and I only have 8k on my 2011 premium GT and other car in its class like an M3 has quality materials but of course for double the $$ and we can run with them stock for stock... I'm not complaining
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

I still believe we got a bargain for the $$ I'm not impressed with the materials used in the interior... My drivers seat is already showing wear, it's not a DD nor do I drag myself in and out and I only have 8k on my 2011 premium GT and other car in its class like an M3 has quality materials but of course for double the $$ and we can run with them stock for stock... I'm not complaining
I agree... I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one in a heartbeat
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy
The chrome rings around my guages rattle. I've been meaning to ask them to look at them. Also just thought about fixing it myself.

Me toooo!
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
When my interior is cold, the flat piece between the speedometer and the tach vibrates.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Not a single problem with mine. It's a '13 base GT w/ Recaros. Everything is solid, and the fabric on the seats looks pretty tough. The materials aren't luxo, but that's not what I was looking for, and IMHO it's the best interior I've seen in a Mustang. We do get a screaming deal for what we get in these cars. I also would not hesitate to buy another.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #12

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
Not a single problem with mine. It's a '13 base GT w/ Recaros. Everything is solid, and the fabric on the seats looks pretty tough. The materials aren't luxo, but that's not what I was looking for, and IMHO it's the best interior I've seen in a Mustang. We do get a screaming deal for what we get in these cars. I also would not hesitate to buy another.
Same here '13 GT w/Recaros. Only thing i've noticed is when you first start out sometimes there's a squeaking noise from the window but if you lower it then raise it the noise goes away, kinda like the seal on the auto-index doesn't seat right. Minor complaint to me. Love my GT!!
cerealkller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone have tinted windows and get vertical marks all over?? I've had my driver side done over twice and it keeps doing it...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Try cleaning in between the glass and the rubber lining it with a ear pick or you can blow in all the debris with a air compressor.
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L
Try cleaning in between the glass and the rubber lining it with a ear pick or you can blow in all the debris with a air compressor.
It's definitely not dirt, it's been doing it since new... My car really hasn't been thru the elements... I can count the times I been caught in the rain with it... But I am coping with the fact that these are affordable sports cars and there's a lot of things that aren't gonna be perfect... Like I noticed when I'm on the highway going 60+ mph with the radio off and windows up I hear things moving around in my drivers door, not super loud but still not quiet
Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's definitely not dirt, it's been doing it since new... My car really hasn't been thru the elements... I can count the times I been caught in the rain with it... But I am coping with the fact that these are affordable sports cars and there's a lot of things that aren't gonna be perfect... Like I noticed when I'm on the highway going 60+ mph with the radio off and windows up I hear things moving around in my drivers door, not super loud but still not quiet
I've test driven these 3 in the past 2 weeks trying to figure out which ones going to be my 3rd mustang and luckly they've hadn't made any noise out of the ordinary.....which one would you pick by the way?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121126_163728.png
Views:	126
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	77916   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121126_163755.png
Views:	140
Size:	473.8 KB
ID:	77917  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2478c15ad0e62ca0bda83d449a53e81fx.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	77918  
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've test driven these 3 in the past 2 weeks trying to figure out which ones going to be my 3rd mustang and luckly they've hadn't made any noise out of the ordinary.....which one would you pick by the way?
I qould say white 5.0
Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator

I qould say white 5.0
Same here. White looks the best out of the 3
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Why are the V6 and the 4.6L even options?! Take that 5.0!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

U know how it is on forums, we all inflate small problems into being a real problem when it isn't a big issue.... But anyways it a no brainer we would all say get the 5.0 regardless of color or whatever... Even in stock form these are rabid beasts and a great platform to start with
Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Anyone have tinted windows and get vertical marks all over?? I've had my driver side done over twice and it keeps doing it...
Usually the result of crappy film. If youre keeping them clean (I just use water & a microfiber towel), you need to find an installer with a scratch resistant film like Llumar or equivalent.

5.0 all day! Its the nicest looking to boot.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman

Usually the result of crappy film. If youre keeping them clean (I just use water & a microfiber towel), you need to find an installer with a scratch resistant film like Llumar or equivalent.
3M at a top quality shop here... The film is not scratched, it seems something inside the panel is putting pressure against the window
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

3M at a top quality shop here... The film is not scratched, it seems something inside the panel is putting pressure against the window
How fast is this happening?
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman

How fast is this happening?
Both times after the tint, it would happen about 2 weeks after... And I let it cure nicely, leaving the car in the garage w/o touching it for a good week
Old 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L View Post
Out of all three, I'd pick the white one.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator View Post
I have a 12 gt, and I keep having issues with pesky little things. Like the first week i had to get the passenger sun visor replaced because the lid on the mirror was broke and the mirror light wouldn't shut off, the next week the same thing happened to the driver side. Then the chrome trim around the shifter(auto) ,was loose and you could pick it up by hand. Now i've notice the little triangle piece on the driver door , the plastic clamp is broke off and rattles around. I bought this car brand new btw. Does anyone else have any of these issues??
I have the same car as you. Six months ago, the plastic piece of my seat belt snapped cleanly in half, and to this day, I have no idea what happened. Thankfully the warranty covered it. Also the seat belt likes to hug the side of my neck, which gets annoying, but I think it has to do with the positioning of my seat. In this case, I wish I was taller so that I have more flexibility to make adjustments.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Hello Again all Mustang fans, Glad to be back!! I just want to go off topic for one quick question about some slight felt (or imagined) vibration under the wheels and steering wheel upon first start up and driving off for the first maybe 5 -10 miles on the highway after the car is usually sitting cold overnight. Those Pirelli tires couldn't possibly develop slight flat spots just sitting overnight I hope. This seems like every single time I start out.

What do you think? Could it be just my imagination or has anyone had this experience. I know Ford will look at me like I need help and (or) tell me of course they couldn't Duplicate the problem!! OH, '13- Mustang GT (Premium) 6MT 3300 miles, ALL Highway.

Thanks Guys.
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Hello Again all Mustang fans, Glad to be back!! I just want to go off topic for one quick question about some slight felt (or imagined) vibration under the wheels and steering wheel upon first start up and driving off for the first maybe 5 -10 miles on the highway after the car is usually sitting cold overnight. Those Pirelli tires couldn't possibly develop slight flat spots just sitting overnight I hope. This seems like every single time I start out.

What do you think? Could it be just my imagination or has anyone had this experience. I know Ford will look at me like I need help and (or) tell me of course they couldn't Duplicate the problem!! OH, '13- Mustang GT (Premium) 6MT 3300 miles, ALL Highway.

Thanks Guys.
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #28

Sounds pretty scary, i have a 13 GT 5.0, myself, havent had any problems, but,i will be looking out for them, i have 30 grand tied up in this, i shouldnt be looking at problems lol!
BlackStang318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

Out of all three, I'd pick the white one.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

I have the same car as you. Six months ago, the plastic piece of my seat belt snapped cleanly in half, and to this day, I have no idea what happened. Thankfully the warranty covered it. Also the seat belt likes to hug the side of my neck, which gets annoying, but I think it has to do with the positioning of my seat. In this case, I wish I was taller so that I have more flexibility to make adjustments.
You must have a huge neck, or have your seat completely vertical. Try leaning the seat back a little.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I have the same problem, and my right door shakes too.
Pretty much my entire dash

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote:

IMHO, I don't like white, but I love the 5.0 so take it.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
You must have a huge neck, or have your seat completely vertical. Try leaning the seat back a little.
Haha no, I don't think my neck's that big.... I'll try adjusting the seat, though my adjustment range seems to be limited because I wanna be able to clutch in and out comfortably. I'm short

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm dumbfounded... How is this a question?

'Hey guys, should I get 3.7, 4.6 or 5.0 liters?' Is there more to it, miles, damage, etc. that would make the other two contenders?
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post

I'm dumbfounded... How is this a question?

'Hey guys, should I get 3.7, 4.6 or 5.0 liters?' Is there more to it, miles, damage, etc. that would make the other two contenders?
Lmao, u right, 5.0, is the only way to go!
BlackStang318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT