Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mustang GT - need your opinion

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Rus 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I’d like to ask your judgment regarding some unimportant for you issue .
I'm actually living in Israel .
Small family/compact cars are being driven by 95% of Israel’s population . I’m not exclusion as well.
I recently had to travel to the US in the wonderful state of California . I was actually pretty excited to drive rented Mustang GT 5.0 (2011, 8 cylinders, V-shaped engine, automatic transmission , front look , rear look) .
I was expressed by ability of the Mustang to keep 1250 RPM @ 50 miles /hr….
That is my “issue “ J
I’m a member of israel’ cars forum so I wrote this fact to my guys. Some of them didn’t believe that it is possible …
In fact, I don't intend to dumb down of our guys, at least not initially :) but I’d like you to confirm or reject this .
Could you please?
I have some data from the net but this is not enough :-[
Thanks in advance for your time !

#2 ·
Rus, I think that sounds about right. If you rented a 2011+ 5.0 automatic it has 3.15 gears. Cruising at 50Mph you should be about 1200-1300 rpm, at 70 you'd be about 2,000 Rpm. Glad you rented a Mustang while you were here in Cali, I hope you got to cruise to the beach.
PS: Be careful and stay safe in Israel.

#6 ·
Thank you guys for the respond
I have to add some info : I had 1250 RPM @ 50 miles/hr when I drove uphill (approx. 10% )
Since speed limit was 50 I set up Cruise Control to 50 miles accordingly . That is why I remember these numbers , that is why I need yours confirmation :)

P.S.
I drove 1500 miles and visited all "turist's places" :) Road #1 most remarkable . BTW - it was always safe in Israel except of some hot spots :)))

#7 ·
I've paid huge sum of bucks to drive this monster - be sure I did it :))) It similar to jet... Pulse goes up ... and I have to slow down :-[ I guess HW Patrol doesn't like speeders /strangers
But sound of Idle makes me crazy ... I filmed it and listening some days :))

#5 ·
#12 ·
Just another data point. My '13 GT with manual & 3.73 gears runs about 2000rpm at 70 mph.

A nice Mustang like that + Hwy 1 = heaven. :D I am sure you had a lot of fun.
The line graph of 3.15 looks like yours. Less or more .

Regarding the "heaven" : usually I travel to Iowa ...nothing bad to say regarding the state :) ...but such nice places like California I havn't seen in US ( yet ? :uhh: )
And I do agree : rented GT 5.0 + Hwy 1 = temporary heaven :)))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.