What LCA to buy?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What LCA to buy?!

Looking to spend under $200 for some LCA. I am not planning on doing a full suspension for atleast 6 months if not more. All depends on how things go with my new job and bills and what not. Also have a lot of mods I plan to do before suspension.

ANYWAY.

I had kinda narrowed down to two different units. The Eibach Pro-Alignment LCA that are adjustable. Also the BMR that are not.

Eibach Mustang Pro-Alignment Control Arm (05-13 All) 5.72345k - Free Shipping!

BMR Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms with Poly Bushings - Hammertone Finish (05-13 All) TCA019H - Free Shipping!

Pro for the Eibach is they are adjustable, stiffer, and don't need to be greased(from what I can tell?) but may cause more NVH. Reviews on this unit are confusing as some say it gives substantial NVH, others say it didn't change at all. Wondering if it doesn't change NVH much if you already have an extremely loud exhaust that rattles the car to begin with?

Pro for the BMR was really just that it should tighten the back end up some more than stock, and that it really shouldn't be any louder.

Any Recos? Anything other brands I should be looking at?

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Check these out, just ordered myself. There's also a video on YouTube that shows install.

http://www.shopfreedomracing.com/Pre...-FRST-9002.htm

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Are the models included?? Lol

What is the difference between those and the stock ones?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
Are the models included?? Lol

What is the difference between those and the stock ones?
Sorry, might be because I am tired, but not sure what your asking.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Sorry, might be because I am tired, but not sure what your asking.
The difference between the stock lca and the aftermarket lca. Is it recommendable to get the lca relocation bracket?
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

The difference between the stock lca and the aftermarket lca. Is it recommendable to get the lca relocation bracket?
Well the after market will be stiffer. So less give when the axle pushes the suspension. I don't think you need the relocation bracket unless you lower the car.

From what I have read though, you do have to replace all the bolts though. They are one time use bolts. Looks to be about 25$ to get all the bolts replaced.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well the after market will be stiffer. So less give when the axle pushes the suspension. I don't think you need the relocation bracket unless you lower the car.

From what I have read though, you do have to replace all the bolts though. They are one time use bolts. Looks to be about 25$ to get all the bolts replaced.
Thanks, i will be looking into the relocating bracket bc i am going 1.5 inch drop.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Looking to spend under $200 for some LCA. I am not planning on doing a full suspension for atleast 6 months if not more. All depends on how things go with my new job and bills and what not. Also have a lot of mods I plan to do before suspension.

ANYWAY.

I had kinda narrowed down to two different units. The Eibach Pro-Alignment LCA that are adjustable. Also the BMR that are not.

Eibach Mustang Pro-Alignment Control Arm (05-13 All) 5.72345k - Free Shipping!

BMR Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms with Poly Bushings - Hammertone Finish (05-13 All) TCA019H - Free Shipping!

Pro for the Eibach is they are adjustable, stiffer, and don't need to be greased(from what I can tell?) but may cause more NVH. Reviews on this unit are confusing as some say it gives substantial NVH, others say it didn't change at all. Wondering if it doesn't change NVH much if you already have an extremely loud exhaust that rattles the car to begin with?

Pro for the BMR was really just that it should tighten the back end up some more than stock, and that it really shouldn't be any louder.

Any Recos? Anything other brands I should be looking at?

Thanks!
I went cheap and bought J&M LCA's
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Potentially silly question ... I have not seen a car with a relocation bracket in person ... but it looks like in pics that they stick down. Does it introduce any ground clearance issues?
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87
Potentially silly question ... I have not seen a car with a relocation bracket in person ... but it looks like in pics that they stick down. Does it introduce any ground clearance issues?
It is a mustang not a jeep lol jk, i think it will maybe an inch or so.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
It is a mustang not a jeep lol jk, i think it will maybe an inch or so.
lol ... yeah, I wasn't able to find any lift kits ... I love the lowered look, but there are some pretty severe speed humps and I have already scraped my h-pipe once. Nothing substantial ... but nerve-wracking.

As close as the brackets are to the axle it would probably not be an issue.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Lol. Still don't have an answer to what LCA I should buy haha!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

AM and a local shop told me BMR is high quality lca.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I went withJ&M since that's what was on the project car so yea I love it! I swear it shaved off 1/10th a second! Lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Well, I am in the same boat ... my shop recommends the Whiteline suspension components. I am waiting for a quote from them on a bunch of suspension work.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I went cheap and bought J&M LCA's
Same here I got the J&M LCA's, they are only $100. But I reused the original bolts and torqued them back to specs. So far no problems with using the original bolts.
Hoven91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
I bought the same BMR LCA you have listed a few months back and they work just fine. I also bought a BMR adjustable UCA and BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. I do a lot of drag racing and with the BMR produces I have there is very little wheel hop. The backend is also more predictable and doesn’t jump around or feel loose when mashing the peddle around corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
Ground clearance is not an issue with the Relocation Brackets on the stock 19’ wheels and tires. The only clearance issue I’ve had so far is in a drive through car wash. The driver’s side bracket hits the car wash tire guide. The bracket sticks down about 1 ¼ to low to clear the car wash tire guide.

I bought the Relocation Brackets to help the tires hook up better and they have made a world of difference. Before the Relocation Brackets I could easily get 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gear to chirp the tires. After I installed the Relocation Brackets the tires no longer chirp as the power of the Coyote is being put to the ground.
Coyote 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote 5

I bought the same BMR LCA you have listed a few months back and they work just fine. I also bought a BMR adjustable UCA and BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. I do a lot of drag racing and with the BMR produces I have there is very little wheel hop. The backend is also more predictable and doesn’t jump around or feel loose when mashing the peddle around corners.

Ground clearance is not an issue with the Relocation Brackets on the stock 19’ wheels and tires. The only clearance issue I’ve had so far is in a drive through car wash. The driver’s side bracket hits the car wash tire guide. The bracket sticks down about 1 ¼ to low to clear the car wash tire guide.

I bought the Relocation Brackets to help the tires hook up better and they have made a world of difference. Before the Relocation Brackets I could easily get 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gear to chirp the tires. After I installed the Relocation Brackets the tires no longer chirp as the power of the Coyote is being put to the ground.
Thanks for the response. I loose the back end way to much. I had the car skid out on my taking a turn one day too because I gave it to much gas and broke the back end free. I didn't end up buying the LCAs yet, because I am going to wait till springtime. I spent 2 hours out in 25 degree weather installing my boss splitter. The LCAs would take longer just from it being cold and moving slow.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I loose the back end way to much. I had the car skid out on my taking a turn one day too because I gave it to much gas and broke the back end free. I didn't end up buying the LCAs yet, because I am going to wait till springtime. I spent 2 hours out in 25 degree weather installing my boss splitter. The LCAs would take longer just from it being cold and moving slow.

I totally understand what you mean about it being too cold outside to install LCA’s. Although the LCA’s don’t really take that long to install if that’s all you’re doing. You might want to look into getting the BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. The Relocation Brackets really do help with keeping the tires planted to the ground. I don’t plan on lowering my Mustang but if I do I already have the LCA Relocation Brackets in place.
Coyote 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote 5

I totally understand what you mean about it being too cold outside to install LCA’s. Although the LCA’s don’t really take that long to install if that’s all you’re doing. You might want to look into getting the BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. The Relocation Brackets really do help with keeping the tires planted to the ground. I don’t plan on lowering my Mustang but if I do I already have the LCA Relocation Brackets in place.
Yeah I'll check that out. I do plan to lower my car someday so it would be good too have.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I elected for the following:

Saleen Racecraft N2 shocks and struts (the shop really likes these and they seem to be very well-received)
Whiteline adjustable LCA and relo brackets
Whiteline adj. PHB and upper brace
New Ford Racing strut mounts

Pulled the trigger today.

I opted out of the anti-dive kit for now - would have added significant parts and labor.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87
I elected for the following:

Saleen Racecraft N2 shocks and struts (the shop really likes these and they seem to be very well-received)
Whiteline adjustable LCA and relo brackets
Whiteline adj. PHB and upper brace
New Ford Racing strut mounts

Pulled the trigger today.

I opted out of the anti-dive kit for now - would have added significant parts and labor.
Nice choices. Do you have a '10? I ask b/c the anti-dive kit is for 05-10s, I believe. Also, FWIW, I just called Whiteline today and they told me front control arms for 11+s are in the works but no ETA yet. Will go with their rears and Watts in the meantime, though.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Nice choices. Do you have a '10? I ask b/c the anti-dive kit is for 05-10s, I believe. Also, FWIW, I just called Whiteline today and they told me front control arms for 11+s are in the works but no ETA yet. Will go with their rears and Watts in the meantime, though.
The shop had them installed on a recent RTR car, so they made them work with a 2012 or 13 (not sure which).
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Update: All my parts are installed (Whiteline LCA's, relo brackets, PHB, and brace) and I can say hop is all my non-existent and it's much more difficult to break the back tires loose - the car just goes now. There is NVH from the rear end that varies with speed (rear end gearing noise and road noise transmitted into the chassis I assume) but it's not bad.

I do have an occasional "pop" from one side in the back ... going to drive it a few weeks and let everything get settled in before I have anyone look at it.

Overall, great mods made a huge difference.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
im in the same boat with looking for upper and lower control arms. i was told by multiple people that i cant go wrong with either BMR or whiteline. but remember you get what you pay for.
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't elect the Whiteline UCA, the shop didn't think I'd need it. I experienced such an improvement over stock with what I did I am not complaining. The car can certainly exceed my driving abilities.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If anyone is still deciding on lca's I just ordered mine this morning with relocation brackets and they're running a Christmas sale which is worth it. U have to add items in cart separately not in packages so u can get the discount.

BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis - Home Page
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT