Turning off interior light - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Turning off interior light

What's up guys/gals I have a question for you. How the hell do i turn off the interior lights in my car? I have been drinking all night with family and had the jams going on in the car and noticed the interior lights didn't turn off. I also had the ignition in the car in the on position so the stupid chime would stop with the doors open. Am I just too drunk to figure it out? I'm on vacation (Houston) and left the manual back home.
PS the car runs awesome at sea level!
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
If you look to the left of your steering wheel, you'll see a wheel that adjusts the brightness of you dash light. When fully engaged (accompanied by a click when done so), it keeps your interior light on. Just roll the wheel down a little and it should turn the lights off.
Be safe getting home, bro. Watch out for cops lol.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I tried that bro. I have a 2010 F150 that does what you describe. It clicks when you go all the way up (keeps lights on) and clicks all the way down (shuts off all lights). The car won't do that.

i don't drink and drive i stay the night. I got too much to lose.
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It's a setting under the setup button on your steering wheel. If you put it on zero I'd imagine it doesn't turn on at any time.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Run around the car 17 times while yelling at the top of your lungs " you can't see me!" ... That should do the trick!

Or it might get you arrested.... I would just wait till morning and see if the problem is still there, might be one of those alcohol related problems...I am sure it won't run the battery dead
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Posted at 1:14am......it's now 11:03am.

Lol,I wanna know what happened.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross
Run around the car 17 times while yelling at the top of your lungs " you can't see me!" ... That should do the trick!

Or it might get you arrested.... I would just wait till morning and see if the problem is still there, might be one of those alcohol related problems...I am sure it won't run the battery dead
Lol it worked!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
Lol it worked!
Sweet, glad I could help!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #9

Region: South Carolina
I was wondering the same thing, Haha. Thanks!
Coyote 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT