Quad Exhaust Showdown! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quad Exhaust Showdown!

McQueen and I will be posting up a side by side comparison of the 5.0 quad exhaust conversion of borla and gt500 quad tips, for those 13 not sure which to decide, ...................coming soon! ....next weekend lol
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

lets make some noise !!!!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
So this will be the actual borla quad tip axleback?
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
So this will be the actual borla quad tip axleback?
Yes
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
YES!
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Here it is
Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
I am sorry man, but that Borla just demolishes the GT500s you have. The Borla sound is amazing.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I am sorry man, but that Borla just demolishes the GT500s you have. The Borla sound is amazing.
Yeah it sounds amazing but i dont want it that loud when i get full exhaust
Old 03-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #9

Has anyone used/seen/heard a coyote 5.0 with the borla S type quad tip axle backs and a JBA O/R H pipe?

I know exhaust is such a hard thing to get feedback on as we all have our own preferences as to what sounds good so I am open to peoples thoughts and input. I have seen a few videos online but feel videos just don't do any exhaust system justice as they almost always sounds better in person.

If you have not used/seen/heard anyone with this setup do you have any recommendations for an exhaust setup? I am looking for a deep classic muscle car rumble at idle and that sound at WOT that makes you grin ear to ear with minimal rasp and pop. I prefer a quad tip setup as I think it takes the meanness level up a notch
WhiteTiger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quad Exhaust Showdown!

Super Happy with our setup.
Lethal Off Road X Pipe > 3" Over Axle Pipes > GT500 Quads.
Good deep sound cruising, Zero drone and SCREAM at WOT.

WhiteTiger13, if you want it to have a lot deeper sound, get rid of the OEM over axle pipes. After your H pipe, go big, 3" over the axle to your mufflers with no resonators.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1393874157.323306.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	149572

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1393874182.119090.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	858.2 KB
ID:	149573

http://youtu.be/kstcQB0stB8

I am sure the Borla's are great, but the price for an axle back muffler is whack. I found these OEM quad tips on CL from a salvaged GT500 and got the CF valance for 1/2 price, so I have less in a ORX , OA pipes, mufflers and carbon fiber valance than what Borla's AB mufflers would have run me. A grand for mufflers only is too STEEP IMHO.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #11

Deerslayer,

Thanks man I really appreciate the input. Your car looks awesome too btw! I agree with you that the price of the Borlas are a bit crazy and will keep doing my research to see what I can find. I really like your idea of finding a salvaged car and getting some parts out it, no sense letting perfectly good parts just sit there right...

So I am no mechanic and what I do know is just from research online thus far but could you explain the over axle part? If I get the off road H pipe and axle back borlas is there another section of piping still (over axle)?
WhiteTiger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
So I am no mechanic and what I do know is just from research online thus far but could you explain the over axle part? If I get the off road H pipe and axle back borlas is there another section of piping still (over axle)?
These are the pipes that go from the back of your mid pipe (Off Road X or H) to your axle back mufflers.
The OEM pipes are smaller diameter and they have small glass pack type mufflers on them called resonators. They also have "kinks" and squeezes that affect flow. You can find "over axle" pipes or have them made and if you increase the diameter to 3" you will get better flow and a deeper tone. Here is a cat back set that has 3" over axle pipes. I actually had this setup and kept the 3" OA pipes and fitted them to the GT500 mufflers and sold the magnaflow mufflers.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Car is buried in the trailer for the winter otherwise I'd get a video of my 11 Saleen with the zoomers mufflers and the Saleen quad tips.

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!
tfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
@Deerslayer.... Your exhaust sounds perfect. I have the gt500 quads but wasn't sure if I wanted to change anything else, no I know I do. Lol. Thanks for posting your video.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust