2012 Mustang Roush Accident, Please Help/Input! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Unhappy 2012 Mustang Roush Accident, Please Help/Input!

On November 7th, I got into an accident with my 7 month, 4200k mile Mustang. I was approaching a slight right hand curve in the road doing 35-40mph, downshifted, locking up my tires. Short story short, this sent me doing a 360 across traffic(I thankfully avoided all the cars), hitting a curb parallel to the passenger side. When I hit the curb, my car hopped over it, and I landed in the grass. The curb was maybe 6 inches long. The rear right wheel was completely destroyed and the face of the wheel was ripped off. The front wheel held up much better, just having a chip.

Fast forward 22 days, the adjuster from my insurance company as well as the dealership wrote me up an initial estimate, preformed some initial diagnostics, and ordered parts. According to the estimate, the damage was to the Lower Air Radiator Deflector, two Wheels, two Valve Stems, Front Wheel Hub, Lower Control Arm in the right front suspension, real axle shafts(left and right), rear axle bearings(left and right), rear axle seals(left and right), two brake calipers(rear), and two disc brakes(rear).

After the dealership gets all that assembled back together and fix the apparent bent/damaged parts , we are still waiting on the parts to come, then they will proceed to check and measure the suspension, align the wheels, check for more damage, and hopefully check the uni-body.

The main concerns I'm reaching out to you guys for advice and input for are, do you think that a 35-40mph parallel hit on the curb could have damaged the Uni body/Uni-frame of my car? I was thinking that since the suspension took a hit parallel to the curb, that when it hit the curb, the impact also moved/damaged/bent the frame, since the suspension is connected to the frame?

Next, do you guys think that after my car is repaired, will it preform the same before the accident. With all this delay in the repair gives me to much time to think, and realizing that maybe my car wont be the same truely brakes my heart. The car is brand new! It's been my dream car forever, and I am a complete f**k up for ruining it. I've dreamed of this car, only for me to hurt it 4200k miles later.

Also, if the two rear axles were damaged, how are the axle housings not damaged? It's not listed on the estimate.

Here's some pictures so you guys can better judge the damage.

Where I landed:

Rear wheel destroyed:

GearHead5Point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead5Point0
On November 7th, I got into an accident with my 7 month, 4200k mile Mustang. I was approaching a slight right hand curve in the road doing 35-40mph, downshifted, locking up my tires. Short story short, this sent me doing a 360 across traffic(I thankfully avoided all the cars), hitting a curb parallel to the passenger side. When I hit the curb, my car hopped over it, and I landed in the grass. The curb was maybe 6 inches long. The rear right wheel was completely destroyed and the face of the wheel was ripped off. The front wheel held up much better, just having a chip.

Fast forward 22 days, the adjuster from my insurance company as well as the dealership wrote me up an initial estimate, preformed some initial diagnostics, and ordered parts. According to the estimate, the damage was to the Lower Air Radiator Deflector, two Wheels, two Valve Stems, Front Wheel Hub, Lower Control Arm in the right front suspension, real axle shafts(left and right), rear axle bearings(left and right), rear axle seals(left and right), two brake calipers(rear), and two disc brakes(rear).

After the dealership gets all that assembled back together and fix the apparent bent/damaged parts , we are still waiting on the parts to come, then they will proceed to check and measure the suspension, align the wheels, check for more damage, and hopefully check the uni-body.

The main concerns I'm reaching out to you guys for advice and input for are, do you think that a 35-40mph parallel hit on the curb could have damaged the Uni body/Uni-frame of my car? I was thinking that since the suspension took a hit parallel to the curb, that when it hit the curb, the impact also moved/damaged/bent the frame, since the suspension is connected to the frame?

Next, do you guys think that after my car is repaired, will it preform the same before the accident. With all this delay in the repair gives me to much time to think, and realizing that maybe my car wont be the same truely brakes my heart. The car is brand new! It's been my dream car forever, and I am a complete f**k up for ruining it. I've dreamed of this car, only for me to hurt it 4200k miles later.

Also, if the two rear axles were damaged, how are the axle housings not damaged? It's not listed on the estimate.

Here's some pictures so you guys can better judge the damage.

Where I landed:

Rear wheel destroyed:
Man I just wanna cry for you :'(
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

MAN!!!!! I'm also crying with you...
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

There's no way to tell if the underbody is damaged until they reassemble your car and get your car aligned. The sad thing is if the underbody is not perfectly strait and they are able to correct it via the wheel alignment, they won't tell you it's still off.

Your axel was probably bent at the hub. Just be sure to periodically check your rear axel seal to be sure that they are not leaking.

I wish you luck man. My car got beat up and the body shop really screwed me over. I'm still finding things that they tried to hide.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That is horrible, can't imagine how you feel.

Don't visit just one shop, especially if you're not sure. Insurance companies legally cannot force you to use any certain shop. Also, most dealerships use Service King Collision where I live. Take your car in the front, ship it out the back over to them. They are a big shop all around this region but you may have a different one up there. Do some googling and chat up a service tech. May cost you a tow, but a second opinion is well worth it months from now when u have the piece of mind. I got rear-ended in a brand new f150 by a drunk driver (I still had paper tags). My dealer did the work to fix it and I had problems all the way up till I trad it in
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Things happen man so don't blame it all on yourself. The only way you are gonna know is to wait out the repair process. It may never drive the same again or you may not even be able to tell the difference. Live and learn brother.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
First of all, those are some sad pictures, and I am sorry :/

I don't know how well the mustangs would hold up, but just to give you an example. I had a 1996 Ford F-150. It was the smaller F-150 that they used to make. At the time, was in 2006, I was driving down a street with a speedlimit of 35, that everyone honestly drives 60 on, because it literally is a highway. I still live off this street. The turn to the street I live on the way I was driving is a right hand turn that is almost 160 degrees. You have to make the turn very wide, even today with my mustang, to make the turn and not be in the wrong lane of the street I live on. I got t-boned by an Excursion doing 65 MPH. The whole right side of the car was demolished. I had, at the time, a friend of the family who was a mechanic, look at it after words, as I was going to drive it for a few weeks the way it was because of the cop being stupid, the woman having stolen the car, me being blamed for the accident, and the city and lady going to court. Long story there. He looked at it, climbed under it, spent a few mins, and came back to me and ask me what the hell hit my car again, because for how bad the damage was, the frame wasn't bent, or if it was, it was minor. Now How well you can tell without proper tools, I don't know, but he was never one to lie to us.

so really long story short, I would think if my truck at the time can take a full sized excursion, which was bigger than my truck, at 65 mph, then your mustang should be able to take that hit at 40.

The thing is, you really won't know for sure until you drive the car. I at least had an unbiased opinion. You may just have them trying to cheap out on you. They may not also.

I do wish you goodluck and that your car is ok after all repairs!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Man I just wanna cry for you :'(
You have no idea. These past 22 days have been hell and I am not handling it well at all. I've waited for this car, its been my dream forever. I have 6.5 more years of paying for this car, and to find out that it might be ruined and compromised forever, wants to make me throw up. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
There's no way to tell if the underbody is damaged until they reassemble your car and get your car aligned. The sad thing is if the underbody is not perfectly strait and they are able to correct it via the wheel alignment, they won't tell you it's still off.

Your axel was probably bent at the hub. Just be sure to periodically check your rear axel seal to be sure that they are not leaking.

I wish you luck man. My car got beat up and the body shop really screwed me over. I'm still finding things that they tried to hide.
What body shop did you go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumake View Post
MAN!!!!! I'm also crying with you...
You have no idea man. I've been a wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
That is horrible, can't imagine how you feel.

Don't visit just one shop, especially if you're not sure. Insurance companies legally cannot force you to use any certain shop. Also, most dealerships use Service King Collision where I live. Take your car in the front, ship it out the back over to them. They are a big shop all around this region but you may have a different one up there. Do some googling and chat up a service tech. May cost you a tow, but a second opinion is well worth it months from now when u have the piece of mind. I got rear-ended in a brand new f150 by a drunk driver (I still had paper tags). My dealer did the work to fix it and I had problems all the way up till I trad it in
Thanks for the tip. So your saying that pretty much, I will have problems with the car for now own after the repair? This is horrible to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Things happen man so don't blame it all on yourself. The only way you are gonna know is to wait out the repair process. It may never drive the same again or you may not even be able to tell the difference. Live and learn brother.
It's just a hard lesson if it doesn't drive the same ever again. I was planning on keeping this car till I grow old and weak so I could show my kids and pass it on. It's heart breaking to hear that a 4200k mile Mustang might be ruined 7 months into its life.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
First of all, those are some sad pictures, and I am sorry :/

I don't know how well the mustangs would hold up, but just to give you an example. I had a 1996 Ford F-150. It was the smaller F-150 that they used to make. At the time, was in 2006, I was driving down a street with a speedlimit of 35, that everyone honestly drives 60 on, because it literally is a highway. I still live off this street. The turn to the street I live on the way I was driving is a right hand turn that is almost 160 degrees. You have to make the turn very wide, even today with my mustang, to make the turn and not be in the wrong lane of the street I live on. I got t-boned by an Excursion doing 65 MPH. The whole right side of the car was demolished. I had, at the time, a friend of the family who was a mechanic, look at it after words, as I was going to drive it for a few weeks the way it was because of the cop being stupid, the woman having stolen the car, me being blamed for the accident, and the city and lady going to court. Long story there. He looked at it, climbed under it, spent a few mins, and came back to me and ask me what the hell hit my car again, because for how bad the damage was, the frame wasn't bent, or if it was, it was minor. Now How well you can tell without proper tools, I don't know, but he was never one to lie to us.

so really long story short, I would think if my truck at the time can take a full sized excursion, which was bigger than my truck, at 65 mph, then your mustang should be able to take that hit at 40.

The thing is, you really won't know for sure until you drive the car. I at least had an unbiased opinion. You may just have them trying to cheap out on you. They may not also.

I do wish you goodluck and that your car is ok after all repairs!
Wow man, it looks like your whole ordeal just really didn't agree with you. Did you ever get your car fixed? How did she run after the repair?

I don't think they are "cheaping" out on me, well at least I think. Actually, I think that since insurance is paying for the repairs, that they would actually be charging more than they have too.

Wish me luck...I'm honestly devastated to say the least. Nice Boss.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You have no idea. These past 22 days have been hell and I am not handling it well at all. I've waited for this car, its been my dream forever. I have 6.5 more years of paying for this car, and to find out that it might be ruined and compromised forever, wants to make me throw up. lol

Thanks for the tip. So your saying that pretty much, I will have problems with the car for now own after the repair? This is horrible to hear.

It's just a hard lesson if it doesn't drive the same ever again. I was planning on keeping this car till I grow old and weak so I could show my kids and pass it on. It's heart breaking to hear that a 4200k mile Mustang might be ruined 7 months into its life.
No, sorry if you read it that way. I have had others (2 other accidents, not my fault!) and no bad experiences after. All I am saying is if you have reservations, don't just go off the first opinion. It sounds like you do, so just offering a tip I wish I had used when I felt the same
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Wow man, it looks like your whole ordeal just really didn't agree with you. Did you ever get your car fixed? How did she run after the repair?

I don't think they are "cheaping" out on me, well at least I think. Actually, I think that since insurance is paying for the repairs, that they would actually be charging more than they have too.

6.5 more years???? Wtf that's super long man!!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
No, sorry if you read it that way. I have had others (2 other accidents, not my fault!) and no bad experiences after. All I am saying is if you have reservations, don't just go off the first opinion. It sounds like you do, so just offering a tip I wish I had used when I felt the same
Oh, sorry for misreading it. I'm glad to hear you had two accidents where your car came back just fine. I'm hoping and praying that mine comes back just as good as new, otherwise my dream car was short lived.

Thanks for the tip again!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
6.5 more years???? Wtf that's super long man!!
I'm currently a student, so I really had to stretch the payments out to make them manageable.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh, sorry for misreading it. I'm glad to hear you had two accidents where your car came back just fine. I'm hoping and praying that mine comes back just as good as new, otherwise my dream car was short lived.

Thanks for the tip again!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I'm currently a student, so I really had to stretch the payments out to make them manageable.
Wow! Well hopefully ur baby is okay man
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead5Point0 View Post

Well I got lucky I suppose. I drove the truck with the side destroyed for 2 months, and it never drove any different. The truck was worth maybe 2500 at the time, per KBB if it had been 100% perfect. It nearly was too. My insurance company made so much money threatening to take the city I live in to court, that I got 6500 for the truck, and they marked it as totaled. Totaled it because the metal that went around the roof down the sides and under the doors was one piece that year, and "would cost too much to fix"

The lady is in jail still, because she stole the car, and lied about insurance. The cop believed her. He was a total rookie. He might not even be a cop anymore, not sure on that.

I didn't mean they would be cheaping out on you. Just as primer said, they do sometimes cut corners if they can. Depends. My insurance company never would. The 4 of us with them never get tickets, never get into accidents ever, and the few we have, were never our fault. So when something happens, they go above and beyond to take care of us.

In the end, as others have said, the only thing you can do is sit back, take a deep breathe, and wait for the repairs to finish. Drive her, and see how she feels. Take her on a road with some turns, give her a good acceleration, and braking test. If she still drives funny, take her to a few shops and get some quotes, and meet with your insurance agent and talk about the fact those pieces were not repaired, and that multiple shops stated the same issues.

BTW, if the nice boss was about my stang, I'm glad you think she is that awesome, but she is just a base model 5.0. I got her months before the Boss was coming out, and the price for the boss wasn't even listed yet, it was guessed to be about 47ish for the base, and I couldn't afford it. I do thank you though!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Listen brother cars can be replaced but people cant... Just as long as ur safe and nobody got hurt is all that matters.... Your baby is gonna get fixed just keep ontop of it and ask lots of questions if u see something being neglected in the repair
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I slid my first car Over a large curb when I was a kid. It was no mustang but a cobalt at the time. I was going to fast and lost it around a corner trying to keep from rear ending a slow car that changed lanes in front of me. All 4 over the curb at about 50 mph. Twisted all 4 wheels, bent the rear axle, tore off the muffler and...According to insurance, that was all the damage, BS. There was a visible leak in the breaks, there was severe damage to a small piece of sheet metal that protected the trans, and I could now feel an extreme amount if play in my shifter. After a month insurance agreed to fix major damage now while smaller things were still debated. As soon as I got the car back I took it to the shop my family has used for years. About 20 min later, my mechanic and good friend came over and told me that the car should have been declared as a complete loss as there was severe structural damage. Insurance said that they would fix the car to a drive able state or they would pay me for the complete loss but would subtract the cost of work already done. a very agitated father and months later I got a settlement check for the amount of my car before repairs... Moral of the story, get two opinions friend... Good luck
Old 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
How Ya doing Gearhead5point0, Man, I have been literally frozen in my chair while reading your (heart breaking experience). I am heart broken for you and I would first like to say that I hope all goes great and your car comes out like brand new again.
I know the feeling, I being an OCD perfectionist and perpetual worrier and wanting to keep all my things like brand new. I am not a young student, but I have saved and dreamed for 3 years straight to purchase my dream car, well sort of. I wanted a Shelby, but went with the Black '13 GT (premium) 6MT and could not be happier with my black beauty.
My long story longer, is that I ran over a section of a truck tire on the highway that the car in front of me also ran over and flipped it up into the air in front of me and thought I got lucky just to run over it and not go through my windshield or even hit it, until I got home and went to see if there was any damage to my tires.
My drivers side front bumper was bashed in with a broken marker light and some damage to one tire rim and lower air deflector.

As small and lucky (It could have been much worse with an accident or more damage) of the damage that was, I was so devastated from what I saw, that I could barely breath and was depressed for weeks over it that my car would never ever be like new again. With all my bad experience for 4 decades with autobody shops I also was heartbroken about my brand new dream car.

Well, I researched autobody shops for days on the net and read all the reviews etc, and feel I got lucky with a shop who performed an absolutely wonderful job on my car. As simple that it might have been, the fact is that I don't ever even think about it anymore, because the car looks like brand new to me and of course, there was no frame or internal damage. Since they had to paint and blend the entire bumper, I even had them fill in and blend those two factory license plate bracket holes (dimples) and now the front of the Stang bumper is finally clean.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded, but hopefully not selfish story since you are going through misery right now (believe me, I know the pain) I just thought I could reflect my story to you, that sometimes things do work out for the best and you will be happy and proud again with you Roush Mustang. PLEASE keep us all posted as to what's going on with you Roush.

Good Luck and best wishes from a fellow Stang fan,
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Realizing that maybe my car wont be the same truely brakes my heart. The car is brand new! It's been my dream car forever, and I am a complete f**k up for ruining it. I've dreamed of this car, only for me to hurt it 4200k miles later.

Quit WHINING about your car. It is nothing but a car. YOU WALKED AWAY WITH OUT ANY INJURIES, THAT'S GOOD! EITHER FIX IT OR SELL IT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang
Realizing that maybe my car wont be the same truely brakes my heart. The car is brand new! It's been my dream car forever, and I am a complete f**k up for ruining it. I've dreamed of this car, only for me to hurt it 4200k miles later.

Quit WHINING about your car. It is nothing but a car. YOU WALKED AWAY WITH OUT ANY INJURIES, THAT'S GOOD! EITHER FIX IT OR SELL IT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!
Culo lol
Old 11-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Mustang V6 (premium) pictures - OOOOH, Wow, More to Come... Not interested!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Also, the dealership told me that after they replace all the apparent bent parts, that they will get the car up on the alignment rack, and this should indicate weather the cars good to go, or weather there is further damage they have to check for.

I'm just a little confused on how the alignment rack would suggest if the cars good to go, or if it needs to be checked out further? Can someone please explain how this works? I'm presuming that the alignment rack they're talking about is for the wheels.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also, the dealership told me that after they replace all the apparent bent parts, that they will get the car up on the alignment rack, and this should indicate weather the cars good to go, or weather there is further damage they have to check for.

I'm just a little confused on how the alignment rack would suggest if the cars good to go, or if it needs to be checked out further? Can someone please explain how this works? I'm presuming that the alignment rack they're talking about is for the wheels.
If all four tires are square, it will show the frame is fine and suspension is not likely damaged. Assuming they will look at the camber as well.

If the front or back is sitting off to one side or if one of the wheels doesn't sit perfectly square... They know to dig deeper. I'm not a mechanic, just what I found with a previous car
Old 12-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Oh how this brings back memories of recent. I know how you feel. The mustang has been my dream car for a long time too and I had the similar thing happen to me. I own a 13 GHIG which I only had for a week before I did the same. Came out of a Honda so its night and day around turns. These cars have a lot of tq and if the person isn't quite used to all that tq, the car will bite you in the ***.

I was coming over a rr track after a rainstorm so the roads were slick, (summer tires) and made a 90 degree left turn in rush hour traffic. I was in 2nd gear going 20mph. 3/4 thru the turn I hit the gas, not stomping it but just normal and then loopty loop, I'm in a curb just like you. I spun out going 20mph but I swear I hit the curb going 60mph. Amazing how the car picks up speed in a spin.

I damaged both driver side wheels, panhard bar was bent, broken caliper, rotor, shock, sway bar, and springs were all broken. 1 tire was destroyed too. The entire axle housing was demolished and bent up. The trunk shifted to one side, and the muffler jammed into the bumper causing a major scrape and paint being lost. The headlights went out of alignment too. $7500 worth of damage.

I know that feeling you have because I experienced it myself. The car was at a Ford bodyshop for 3 weeks. Keep in mind I only had the car 1 week. I was hoping it would have been totaled because I felt that if it was fixed it wouldn't be the same, and maybe have long term problems. I thought the frame was done too. I can't tell you how many nights I lost sleep over this and the amount of nausia I endured. Not to mention I only had myself to blame. Even though I wasn't showing off or doing anything stupid, but was just driving home from work.

They told me that they would only fix the car if there wouldn't be any long term effects. The body shop did not see any issues with the frame being bent and everything else was good. To this day I have 0 issues with the car. It drives like it did when it was pulled off of the showroom floor.

Don't stress too much. Its just not worth losing the sleep and health over it. I'm sure the car will be just as good as new providing you brought it to a Ford bodyshop. It will feel like the end of the world to you but its not. I know the process is hell not knowing all of the details because this is a slow moving process. The shop can't know the extent of the damage until they get certain parts on the car and do an alignment then check for frame damage. Everything else can be replaced. If there is frame damage these frames are built in sections so they can chop off the damaged frame piece and weld a new one on. In some sections the frame can be straightened out too.

Just hang in there and hope for the best. I hope you have gap insurance for worst case scenario. Good luck and keep us posted.
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Update: All the parts came today, and they started working on the rear of the car. They put the axle's in, but discovered something else was bent. I kind of figured when I looked at the list and only saw that they thought the axle's, brakes, and wheels were broken.

Anyway, they said that they're figuring out what else is bent, but Rachel said something about either the axle housing or axle plates? I don't really remember since I got all worked up when she told me there was more damage.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I've totaled a truck going 30mph.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I've totaled a truck going 30mph.
thats not going to make him feel any better

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

maybe its the panhard bar or sway bar. im sure the frame is ok. if its the axle housing its replaceable, dont worry i believe it can all be fixed back to new
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Hi everyone, kind of an upsetting and confusing update for all you guys. My mother kind of had enough with the dealership, so she called the service manager. While I don't know the exact conversation here are some of the things I got out of it.

The service manager explained to us a part of the delay, and the ongoing delay will be because they ordered the wrong parts for the car. How the F**K do you, a dealership with so called professionals, order the wrong parts for my car. When the car was first towed to Ford, they said in one of my initial questions that the parts would be looked up via VIN #. Wrong parts ordered for my car? What the...

The service manager also said, I don't know how this was brought up or even discovered, but he claimed that the adjuster the insurance company was sending was trying to cut corners on the repair to save money. Apparently, the adjuster really wasn't "checking" the car thoroughly as possible, trying to get the easy way out, etc. I don't really know what the service manager meant.

He assured me that this time, when the adjuster comes again tomorrow, that he will personally be their when the adjuster comes, and they will go through and diagnose the car thoroughly. He will have himself, and some other mechanics check the car with the adjuster, and quote on quote, "we are going to disregard what the adjuster says and wants, and we will tell him what we want/needs to be done to your car to fix it"

Now honestly, I don't really know how well I can trust the service manager, since the adjuster was allowed to get away with short cutting what needs to be done to my car the first two times. I'm very nervous, from what I gathered on this forum and others, I'm pretty confident that my car can be put together as good as new, but will this shop take care of me?

Guys, what I'm trying to also get at is, this sucks. This is my first experience with an accident, dealing with insurance, dealerships, and everything has been a horrible, horrible, horrible, experience. Thanks everyone like Pardue, 05 Roush, everyone who's been with me the whole time. I can't appreciate it enough. Please wish me luck with everything, and I hope that Ford will be honest and pull their sh** together, because I honestly feel like the only people that can help me, aren't helping me.

Thanks...
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Just relax a little and stop having your mom call. It's hard to diagnose a car initially. The adjuster has to do an initial assessment, and as they find more stuff wrong, the adjuster has to come back out to make adjustments to the claim. My old car took 6 weeks to fix 10k worth of damage and when I got it back, I couldn't tell it was nearly totaled.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hi everyone, kind of an upsetting and confusing update for all you guys. My mother kind of had enough with the dealership, so she called the service manager. While I don't know the exact conversation here are some of the things I got out of it.

The service manager explained to us a part of the delay, and the ongoing delay will be because they ordered the wrong parts for the car. How the F**K do you, a dealership with so called professionals, order the wrong parts for my car. When the car was first towed to Ford, they said in one of my initial questions that the parts would be looked up via VIN #. Wrong parts ordered for my car? What the...

The service manager also said, I don't know how this was brought up or even discovered, but he claimed that the adjuster the insurance company was sending was trying to cut corners on the repair to save money. Apparently, the adjuster really wasn't "checking" the car thoroughly as possible, trying to get the easy way out, etc. I don't really know what the service manager meant.

He assured me that this time, when the adjuster comes again tomorrow, that he will personally be their when the adjuster comes, and they will go through and diagnose the car thoroughly. He will have himself, and some other mechanics check the car with the adjuster, and quote on quote, "we are going to disregard what the adjuster says and wants, and we will tell him what we want/needs to be done to your car to fix it"

Now honestly, I don't really know how well I can trust the service manager, since the adjuster was allowed to get away with short cutting what needs to be done to my car the first two times. I'm very nervous, from what I gathered on this forum and others, I'm pretty confident that my car can be put together as good as new, but will this shop take care of me?

Guys, what I'm trying to also get at is, this sucks. This is my first experience with an accident, dealing with insurance, dealerships, and everything has been a horrible, horrible, horrible, experience. Thanks everyone like Pardue, 05 Roush, everyone who's been with me the whole time. I can't appreciate it enough. Please wish me luck with everything, and I hope that Ford will be honest and pull their sh** together, because I honestly feel like the only people that can help me, aren't helping me.

Thanks...
The shop will do everything they can (prove is wrong) because they get paid for it. Your interests are aligned with the Service Manager. Only let your mom call him(dude, really?) if you think he is incompetent. They get paid the hours for the work and a cut of the parts.

I would suggest this. Call the adjuster (call the ins co and you can get in touch with him) and act like you don't trust the poor guy you had your mom call. Explain that they ordered wrong parts and told you X and X and X was wrong with the car. Don't lie! But feel free to elaborate where you felt the manager was short on words . Ask him what he thinks and shut up, listen and write it down. Call the shop manager yourself (YOURSELF) and tell him you need everything (you wrote down) fixed but then also need a complete list of what he thinks. Again, write ****te down. Tell him you want to know about every scratched piece of metal and you are writing it down. He will ask for more than the adjuster. You have already paid the premium, let the insurance pay all that they should. Let him sweat a little but stop treating him like ****. He is (casually) on your side. The adjuster is the one that will screw you and your mom. Play them against each other a little bit bro, but stop beating on the shop manager. Too late now, you are married. Accept the guy as your ally and start working against the guy that is actually trying to short change you (please tell me I don't have to point out that i am referring to the adjuster at this point)
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Update:

So I think I let you guys know that they have already installed the deflector for the lower air radiator, both passenger side wheels, front wheel hub, lower control arm in the front, both left and right rear axles, the bearings and seals, and both rear brakes.

When I went to Ford today, the told me that the wheel when spun, still didn't exactly spin correctly even with the above list replaced. They said that they were going to try a bracket first to see if that will set the wheel spinning normal again. I didn't think to ask which wheel wasn't spinning properly nor which or what bracket they were replacing because I was very tired from school and work.

The reason my car has been sitting outside again was because they didn't want to try and replace the bracket until the driver passenger side wheel comes in since they want to do it all at once. If I forgot to mention, a third wheel was damaged when it went over the curb.

I'm assuming that the bracket they were referring to was the brake bracket/carrier? since it was on the list.

They said that if the wheel comes tomorrow, and everything goes well such as the alignment coming back fine and the bracket being able to fix the wheel spin, then my car would be on the road tomorrow and ready for the mechanics to test drive the car and make sure everything is okay. If everything is okay, then I should expect to get my vehicle back by Friday.

The latter is that they are not able to solve the problem, and would cause another delay waiting for the adjuster, ordering parts, etc.

I'm hoping everything goes well. I can't lie, I'm very nervous and anxious to hear and see how it goes. Wish me luck everyone and once again, thanks for everything.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

did they look at the panhard bar and sway bars to see if those are bent? i cant think of anything that would make the wheel spin incorrectly. im stuck on that one. but im sure they will figure it out and you will be driving that pony again. dont forget to post pics after you get it back. im happy for you that things are going on the up and up this time.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Update

They got the bracket and new wheel installed today. It was sent to the alignment rack to see if the tires would align, but, they wouldnt.

It's being sent to Jackson Auto Body to have some laser measurments done and see what else is bent that wasent obvious to the eye.

Do you guys suspect that the frame has been bent? Or could it just be suspension components.

Tough day...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Wow... I am so sorry. I would be completely shattered. Hope everything goes well for you!
sixxerstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramcknz View Post
Wow... I am so sorry. I would be completely shattered. Hope everything goes well for you!
I appreciate it man. Please wish me luck. It's all I have keeping my spirits and hopes up about my car. LOL

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Vincent called me up again for an update on the rough measurements he preformed. They threw it on their wheel alignment machine since Ford didn't "know" how the alignment was after they did their wheel alignment. He said that all the camber/caster measurements in the front were out of wack.

He did a visual inspection of the front suspension and he said that the front sub frame was a twisted a little. This is normal since sub frame's are meant to get battered up in any collision to try and save the main structure(uni-body) of the vehicle.

He also said that the trailing arm in the left rear, I beleive, was damaged too.

Finally, I had him check the rear and he said that is was of by 1mm, but the difference is so small that it really shouldn't raise any concern at all.

Again, feel free to comment and give your thoughts on this. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Any updates yet?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
Any updates yet?
Good call. I knew there was something we hadn't heard about in a while.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 mustang