Tune question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2010-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

nosympathy is unknown around these parts
Tune question

So I just got my hybrid tune in from Bama today. Returned the car to stock, took my tuner in side, and updated it and added the new tune. Just for fun, I started the car stock, and I was a little surprised. Idle RPMS are about identical with the Bama tune, but she idles way louder! Also, when I revv the car, it is insanely louder than when tuned.

Now, Not saying I want that, as with her tuned, she is already insanely loud, but I was curious if anyone knew why the big difference? Is it the gas saver part that bama offers? Soon as I got her tuned again, started the car, back to the quieter idle, then revved her, and not as loud. Loud but not LOUD.

Also, BTW, the Bama Hybrid tune, is amazing. I had felt for a long while that the car lost its lower TQ band. I remember why I liked the Street tune originally.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

AMShaneLesky is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
So I just got my hybrid tune in from Bama today. Returned the car to stock, took my tuner in side, and updated it and added the new tune. Just for fun, I started the car stock, and I was a little surprised. Idle RPMS are about identical with the Bama tune, but she idles way louder! Also, when I revv the car, it is insanely louder than when tuned.

Now, Not saying I want that, as with her tuned, she is already insanely loud, but I was curious if anyone knew why the big difference? Is it the gas saver part that bama offers? Soon as I got her tuned again, started the car, back to the quieter idle, then revved her, and not as loud. Loud but not LOUD.

Also, BTW, the Bama Hybrid tune, is amazing. I had felt for a long while that the car lost its lower TQ band. I remember why I liked the Street tune originally.
nosympathy,

When you say your Mustang sounds louder stock, do you mean more of a deeper tone? I can't really see any car getting louder from a tune, but stock cars do run a little too rich, which makes more of a deep gurgle noise. Our Bama tunes always strive for a perfect 14.7:1 A/R (w/ Pure Gasoline), which is potentially leaner than stock and could make a high pitched exhaust tone. Other than that, I haven't heard of anyone mentioning an exhaust change, nor do I see a reason why it would change.

Hybrid tune- This is by far my favorite tune! Gotta love the strong/torque power band, yet it still screams up top. I'm glad you're enjoying the tune update!

Shane

Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

nosympathy,

When you say your Mustang sounds louder stock, do you mean more of a deeper tone? I can't really see any car getting louder from a tune, but stock cars do run a little too rich, which makes more of a deep gurgle noise. Our Bama tunes always strive for a perfect 14.7:1 A/R (w/ Pure Gasoline), which is potentially leaner than stock and could make a high pitched exhaust tone. Other than that, I haven't heard of anyone mentioning an exhaust change, nor do I see a reason why it would change.

Hybrid tune- This is by far my favorite tune! Gotta love the strong/torque power band, yet it still screams up top. I'm glad you're enjoying the tune update!

Shane
No volume loud lol. Revved to 2.5K stock was as loud as 4K tuned almost. I need to get a camera that can handle that dB level and film it. That or have someone stand way further back for me.

I also really am not complaining. Was just surprised!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

AMShaneLesky is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
No volume loud lol. Revved to 2.5K stock was as loud as 4K tuned almost. I need to get a camera that can handle that dB level and film it. That or have someone stand way further back for me.

I also really am not complaining. Was just surprised!
No worries, I didn't think you were complaining. I'm surprised myself! I really have ever seen anything like that before. I'd like to hear a video if you get a chance, too!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

ViperTran is unknown around these parts
How much more mpg do you get with the hybrid tune?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Supporter
Staff

GrabberBlue5.0 is unknown around these parts
I don't know that anyone advertises mpgs as part of tunes. Most people getting tunes are getting them for power, while most people do see gains of about 1-2 mpg, I would not call a mix between torque and race tunes an mpg friendly tune

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I don't know that anyone advertises mpgs as part of tunes. Most people getting tunes are getting them for power, while most people do see gains of about 1-2 mpg, I would not call a mix between torque and race tunes an mpg friendly tune
Driving a good mix of city and highway I've been getting 18.6 mpg.

I'll be driving highway only here for a few days starting Sunday and it probably will go back up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2010-2014 Mustang GT