Low Fuel Warning Light - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Low Fuel Warning Light

Is there any way to change when this comes on? It's annoying to be at 1/4 tank and have the light stay on the rest of the way. I have 75 miles left from the time it comes on.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 23
An easy fix (and what I do) is to full up before you get to a ¼ tank to avoid the annoying low fuel warning light. Or you could just push the reset button and the warning light goes away.
Coyote 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote 5 View Post
An easy fix (and what I do) is to full up before you get to a ¼ tank to avoid the annoying low fuel warning light. Or you could just push the reset button and the warning light goes away.
I thought Reset only clears the display, not the light? I'll try it though next time.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I thought Reset only clears the display, not the light? I'll try it though next time.
Reset might only clear the display. I've only had the low fuel light come one a couple times and don't remember if the light stays on when hitting the reset button.
Coyote 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote 5 View Post

Reset might only clear the display. I've only had the low fuel light come one a couple times and don't remember if the light stays on when hitting the reset button.
The light stays on no matter what. Reset clears the display and that's it. I heard around here you can change it. Not sure if its just the GT or not though. If my light comes on and stays on till I hit between empty and the 1/4 tank mark, it'll throw a CEL. Weird.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
On my base model 2011 you can change it between 25miles left to 50 to 75. .
Stock is 50. You can't turn it off.

I forget how to change it though, as I rarely let the gas tank get that low.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
On my base model 2011 you can change it between 25miles left to 50 to 75. .
Stock is 50. You can't turn it off.

I forget how to change it though, as I rarely let the gas tank get that low.
Yea I remember changing mine when I first got the car back in December last year, it was at 75miles to E now it's at 50
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Yea I remember changing mine when I first got the car back in December last year, it was at 75miles to E now it's at 50
What are the odds you remember how you did so? Haha
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Is it in the mykey or just the regular key. I have the mykey so it beeps when I go over 55 (very helpful)
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
I have no idea haha. I didn't program either of them. But maybe the setting is in there
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
What are the odds you remember how you did so? Haha
well it is through the center console. Mine being a 2011 should be different than your 2013. Obviously. On mine there is a setting menu that has my key setup, stuff with the lights, etc. It is in this setting group. I just haven't gone in there in a while. I can look tomorrow when I am going to work if you want, but I just finished a 12 hour shift and I am beat!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Always a good thing to look things like this up is the manual that came with the car I'm the glove box. I'm sure if you can change it, it will be in there somewhere.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
It says you can't, but I want to believe that you can haha. Other people say theirs comes on at like 25 or 50 miles left. Mine is 75.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13
It says you can't, but I want to believe that you can haha. Other people say theirs comes on at like 25 or 50 miles left. Mine is 75.
Yea mine is 50 but I have the 3.7. Also it could be base vs premium. I'm sure the premium has more features like that than the base which is what I have. I'll go take a look in mine right quick for ya
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
On my base model 2011 you can change it between 25miles left to 50 to 75. .
Stock is 50. You can't turn it off.

I forget how to change it though, as I rarely let the gas tank get that low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Yea mine is 50 but I have the 3.7. Also it could be base vs premium. I'm sure the premium has more features like that than the base which is what I have. I'll go take a look in mine right quick for ya
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy
I just read my manual and it says that its 50 for a non mykey. For a mykey its 75. And neither one can be changed. I'm not trying to start a war lol I'm just reading straight from the manual and the manual is for all 2011 mustang 3.7 &5.0's
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
I just read my manual and it says that its 50 for a non mykey. For a mykey its 75. And neither one can be changed. I'm not trying to start a war lol I'm just reading straight from the manual and the manual is for all 2011 mustang 3.7 &5.0's
My car has mykeys...and is set currently to 50...

Maybe I couldn't change it, I thought I could. I do know for a fact I have mykeys as I have it set up. I also know for a face it comes on at 50
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

My car has mykeys...and is set currently to 50...

Maybe I couldn't change it, I thought I could. I do know for a fact I have mykeys as I have it set up. I also know for a face it comes on at 50
I have a mykey set up also. You have at least one admin key and one mykey. On the admin its 50. If you set the other key to a mykey then its 75 according to the manual.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
I have a mykey set up also. You have at least one admin key and one mykey. On the admin its 50. If you set the other key to a mykey then its 75 according to the manual.
Oh I gotcha. Misunderstood you. Yeah my second key sits in my room on a hook. It hasn't left that hook since like 3 days after I got the car haha.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
ViperTran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote 5
An easy fix (and what I do) is to full up before you get to a ¼ tank to avoid the annoying low fuel warning light. Or you could just push the reset button and the warning light goes away.
Lol
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.