Whats wrong - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Whats wrong

Keep in mind that I'm no mechanic so I'm going to give the best description I can....2013 GT 6 speed with 4k miles. This happened about a month ago but the roads were wet so I chalked it up to losing traction AND it happened in the exact same place. leaving work I heard (and felt) pow pow pow pow pow in the front of the car. I felt it under my feet. Then turning left at the light the car started lunging forward sputtering like it was out of gas. Or like when you take off in first gear not giving enough gas. The car would not go anywhere. It shifted fine. Went about 30 feet and all of a sudden it took off. I know if I take it in the tech's are not going to know what i'm talking about if it does not do it.
Maybe water or trash in the tank? I'm low but I dont know if the tank was low the last time it happened.
Virgo062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo062 View Post
Keep in mind that I'm no mechanic so I'm going to give the best description I can....2013 GT 6 speed with 4k miles. This happened about a month ago but the roads were wet so I chalked it up to losing traction AND it happened in the exact same place. leaving work I heard (and felt) pow pow pow pow pow in the front of the car. I felt it under my feet. Then turning left at the light the car started lunging forward sputtering like it was out of gas. Or like when you take off in first gear not giving enough gas. The car would not go anywhere. It shifted fine. Went about 30 feet and all of a sudden it took off. I know if I take it in the tech's are not going to know what i'm talking about if it does not do it.
Maybe water or trash in the tank? I'm low but I dont know if the tank was low the last time it happened.
helpful thing might be, what mods have you done to the car, if any?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
helpful thing might be, what mods have you done to the car, if any?

No Mods
Virgo062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #4

Region: California
I would say take it to the dealer and have them check for Technical Service Bulletins or Special Service Meseges. These are two things Ford has out for Technicians when diagnosing certain concerns, and if any patterns with like vehicles are out there.
FordTech5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
If there's no check engine light and its not doing it while they have it. Theirs not much that they can do. You've got a warranty, you're just gonna have to drive it until a light comes on or it gets much worse. It sucks but I can't think of anything else.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
It's probably the TC/AH acting up. Mine did it once while turning left. I hit some small bumps in the road and I heard a popping noise in the right front and clunking. I swear I had a right front flat. I limped to the side of the road and inspected the tire. It was fine. I started it back up and it's been fine since. Weird.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
OP, you could try driving in that same spot, in the same manner but this time with the Traction Control and AdvanceTrac off. She if you get the same result.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
My guess is that theres some oil in the spot where it's happening, the TC kicks in and then, when youre out if it, it kicks off. Sounds like youre too heavy in the accelerator when it happens. When you start to lose traction, unless youre trying to drift, you want to ease off the throttle.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT