Manual or Auto 2013 5.0? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350
Test drove the V6 Roush RS too.

Let me tell you, that think is a TURD!!!!
I couldn't wait to get out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

Lol +1

The Roush RS was a complete disappointment
My 300zx has more umphh than the RS

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

And after driving the 13 5.0, I don't see why there is a need to put in a short throw shifter.
Was smooth and precise. The factory shifter has short throws in itself IMHO
WAS QUITE IMPRESSED
Why disn't you guys like the RS? Were you expecting more than a regular v6?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
I have a manual and sit in traffic everyday, it depends on you, my leg never hurts or gets Tired, bc this manuals are not old school with a super heavy clutch.
IMO if you want the full muscle and fun car experience get a Manual car. It was never a question for me.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

It also makes the exhaust sound nicer when you down shift and tell people to get out of your way by revving your engine
I sit in traffic with my manual pretty often as well. My leg has been getting used to it, though. I no longer feel the soreness that I felt in the very beginning. The clutch isn't too heavy either. The only catch is that I have to carry driving shoes everywhere I go. If I go out to a party, I gotta throw my heels in the trunk, and then change into them when I get there lol I always have trouble shifting gears in heels because I can't "feel" the car as well.

I can't go back to an auto now, but that's just me. The manual is so much more engaging

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 12-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I love my Auto, if your used to a Manual go with a Manual.

The 6 speed Auto isn't bad though with sport shift, will probably be even better when I get a tuner and customize the shift points & firmness. Plus (FYI) you can't get remote start with a manual as far as I know. Which for me remote start was a cool deal to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu13stang
I love my Auto, if your used to a Manual go with a Manual.

The 6 speed Auto isn't bad though with sport shift, will probably be even better when I get a tuner and customize the shift points & firmness. Plus (FYI) you can't get remote start with a manual as far as I know. Which for me remote start was a cool deal to get.
Someone had remote start on a Stang here. They did not have it done, the previous owner did, and they never used it, I am just saying allegedly it has been done.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #110

Region: Europe
It Is the old question.

I love my Auto and i want miss it. If my Pony was on the dyno for my roush supercharger they modified the automatic stages. So it is perfect for me

Uli
Old 12-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Someone had remote start on a Stang here. They did not have it done, the previous owner did, and they never used it, I am just saying allegedly it has been done.
Yeah you can get remote start with a manual...

I forget the exact details but there is a process you have to follow every time you shut the car off or you won't be able to remote start it.

I've thought about doing it, but it means giving up my spair key and I don't really think I'd use it that often other than to show off.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yeah you can get remote start with a manual...

I forget the exact details but there is a process you have to follow every time you shut the car off or you won't be able to remote start it.

I've thought about doing it, but it means giving up my spair key and I don't really think I'd use it that often other than to show off.
I had one on a manual, you had to have the car on and push the button. The whole dash flickers 2 times then you turn it off with it in neutral and then can turn it on afterwards with the button. To me it's not right to have one on a manual as they bypass the starter and have it start without the clutch etc
Old 12-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
6 speeeeeeeeed
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I live in LA too, I got a stick and will never regret it.
I always commute to school on the 5N to school then from 10w to 101 N through downtown n Hollywood and its not as bad as I thought
Old 03-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #115

Region: Texas
Just came across this thread.

I have been a manual guy for a long time. Every sporty car (and even most of the ones that weren't) I've had have been manual.

I have always said "muscle cars shouldn't be auto."

BUT- I love my auto. From all I have read and been told by friends in performance industry the auto in the new GT is superior to the manual- period.

It's nice after all those years of laboring in traffic and buying clutches that would hold more power to just put your foot down and listen to the car scream.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

I have been a manual guy for a long time. Every sporty car (and even most of the ones that weren't) I've had have been manual.

BUT- I love my auto. From all I have read and been told by friends in performance industry the auto in the new GT is superior to the manual- period.

It's nice after all those years of laboring in traffic and buying clutches that would hold more power to just put your foot down and listen to the car scream.
Yup, i agree with you, i love my 13 auto, wouldn't change it for a manual
Old 03-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It is also like taking steroids and playing sports, cheating. I say this everytime this debate comes up. Take two people in identical auto cars and they will get similar times for say a 1/4 or autocross times. Then give both people manuals and they will get far different track or 1/4 mile times.

Takes more skill to drive a manual and even though an auto will be faster on the 1/4 mile a manual will always be faster on autocross/track.

EDIT: TO add, I don't care you drive an auto, just don't ever tell me your some amazing diver when your car does half the work for you
Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #118

Driving is more than pushing pedals.

I have had manuals for years... The Auto is nice.

It's also the better/stronger of the two trannies.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Driving is more than pushing pedals.

I have had manuals for years... The Auto is nice.

It's also the better/stronger of the two trannies.
think you missed my points entirely...

while it is more than pushing pedals, drag racing isn't with an auto. you slam the gas and go...your car does the rest.

autocross your car with an auto can't think ahead and when you slow down into a turn it will more than likely be in the wrong gear, with a manual you can have it in the right gear to blow out of the turn, with an auto it has to reshift into the correct gear then go.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #120

You act like I've never had a manual....

I see your point, I just disagree.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You act like I've never had a manual....

I see your point, I just disagree.
I guess I will continue too since the rest of the auto industry leans my way...

I mean look at formula 1, they don't allow fully automatic gear boxes because they require zero skill to drive. Gears boxes can have hydraulic clutches and change with paddle shifters but the driver is still required to shift the car, not just sit and mash the gas and brake pedal.

just saying!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #122

You don't like disagreement do you?

It's nice to not labor in traffic or spend a bunch on clutches of you mod it.

It also happens to be the better tranny. The auto in the new GT is awesome.

Why can't you just leave it at that? Just because someone owns a manual doesn't mean they're a good driver. "Just saying"
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You don't like disagreement do you?

It's nice to not labor in traffic or spend a bunch on clutches of you mod it.

It also happens to be the better tranny. The auto in the new GT is awesome.

Why can't you just leave it at that? Just because someone owns a manual doesn't mean they're a good driver. "Just saying"
what is funny is you are agreeing with me but probably don't like that you are.

statement #1. I agree with you but that is because you have chosen a ride that is easier to drive and there is nothing wrong with that. Still requires more skill to drive a manual well.

Statement #2 I don't disagree it is a better built tranny in this case but in general and still here there are many benefits to a manual. Better autocross times being one along with more control. Also the stock GT auto has terrible shift points that require a tune to fix. Don't need a tune to fix the manuals shift points.

Statement #3 This right here makes my point. Manual requires skill and not everyone can drive one well. Hence why it is a real competition driving one. You can always improve. Everyone can drive an auto, but less than 20% of americans can even drive a manual anymore and the percentage that can probably drive one well is way smaller.

I don't see what is wrong with me debating with you. I have been nothing but friendly about it and have made my points clear. Your the one who seems to not like the debate.

Nothing wrong with debate.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Most people on were are going to hate me but im 16 and have a 2013 Mustang 5.0 auto and I love but it has sport shift mode you could change the gear when ever you want It will be better it was manual but my parents bought me the car and I was all surprise
Old 03-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

what is funny is you are agreeing with me but probably don't like that you are.

statement #1. I agree with you but that is because you have chosen a ride that is easier to drive and there is nothing wrong with that. Still requires more skill to drive a manual well.

Statement #2 I don't disagree it is a better built tranny in this case but in general and still here there are many benefits to a manual. Better autocross times being one along with more control. Also the stock GT auto has terrible shift points that require a tune to fix. Don't need a tune to fix the manuals shift points.

Statement #3 This right here makes my point. Manual requires skill and not everyone can drive one well. Hence why it is a real competition driving one. You can always improve. Everyone can drive an auto, but less than 20% of americans can even drive a manual anymore and the percentage that can probably drive one well is way smaller.

I don't see what is wrong with me debating with you. I have been nothing but friendly about it and have made my points clear. Your the one who seems to not like the debate.

Nothing wrong with debate.
Dude i would love to meet you to park you no lie, i love my stang but wtf is the point of auto crossing a stang, their out of league, as much as u modify and z06, gtr etc ill park u and me with w.e we have, just drop it, enjoy ur manual and ill enjot my auto. End of thread
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Dude i would love to meet you to park you no lie, i love my stang but wtf is the point of auto crossing a stang, their out of league, as much as u modify and z06, gtr etc ill park u and me with w.e we have, just drop it, enjoy ur manual and ill enjot my auto. End of thread
I can't believe you just said that lmfao.
Come on ozzy you know better than that! Lol
Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

I think auto cross is valid for a Stang. I also prefer standard.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I can't believe you just said that lmfao.
Come on ozzy you know better than that! Lol
Ill take off the 20s lmfao! Man this never stops talking shyt, always has a ****ing stupid opnion, auto vs manual, theyre both good, some better here and there, but thats it.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
The new auto has improved but stock for stock the manual will take the auto at the drag strip every time as long as the manual doesn't miss a gear.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just like you can autocross a civic, for heaven sake me and Mcqueen saw one actually keeping up on Sunday, buts its honestly debatable subject that could make this thread 20 pages longer, my point is not to start saying opinion to ppl that are happy and are not taking away from either or

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 View Post
The new auto has improved but stock for stock the manual will take the auto at the drag strip every time as long as the manual doesn't miss a gear.
Nvm im unsubscribing from thia thread lol!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

It is also like taking steroids and playing sports, cheating. I say this everytime this debate comes up. Take two people in identical auto cars and they will get similar times for say a 1/4 or autocross times. Then give both people manuals and they will get far different track or 1/4 mile times.

Takes more skill to drive a manual and even though an auto will be faster on the 1/4 mile a manual will always be faster on autocross/track.

EDIT: TO add, I don't care you drive an auto, just don't ever tell me your some amazing diver when your car does half the work for you
I have to disagree. The manual will beat the auto almost every time stock for stock. I have a manual with 3:31 and have beat an auto with 3:31 gears 3 out of 4 times. ( the only time I missed third gear.)
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just like you can autocross a civic, for heaven sake me and Mcqueen saw one actually keeping up on Sunday, buts its honestly debatable subject that could make this thread 20 pages longer, my point is not to start saying opinion to ppl that are happy and are not taking away from either or
Don't compare a civic to a 5.0.
My track pack is name that for a reason, and yesterday you saw that it preform pretty good at the track with just suspension.
A manual 5.0 can most definable be upgraded to a z06 and gtr level around a road course/ autocross and still cost less than both.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #133
Road Trip!

Quote:

My track pack is name that for a reason, and yesterday you saw that it preform pretty good at the track with just suspension.
A manual 5.0 can most definable be upgraded to a z06 and gtr level around a road course/ autocross and still cost less than both.
I'm sorry but a civic will beat a 5.0........

In fuel efficiency xD
Old 03-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol awww your so cute trying to be a badass on the internet. Want a cookie? The fact your threatening me means I have caused you to second guess your choice. Else wise you would have brought valid points instead of personal attacks and incorrect points.

Quote:
Ill take off the 20s lmfao! Man this never stops talking shyt, always has a ****ing stupid opnion, auto vs manual, theyre both good, some better here and there, but thats it.
LOL see comment above

Quote:
THe 2011 Mustang 5.0 beat the 2011 BMW M3 on the track per Motortrend. They called the M3 the winner because it was a smoother more controlled ride. Love to see a fully upgraded suspension Mustang compete against the M3, wouldn't see motortrend dare to call the mustang a looser again. Also still cost less than half the M3.

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Nvm im unsubscribing from thia thread lol!
THis thread was created to debate an auto and a manual. I did exactly that. WTF does a civic have to do with anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 View Post
I have to disagree. The manual will beat the auto almost every time stock for stock. I have a manual with 3:31 and have beat an auto with 3:31 gears 3 out of 4 times. ( the only time I missed third gear.)
Stock for stock yes because the stock auto shift points suck, an auto with a torque convertor and the right tires and gears will smoke a manual 5.0 on the drag race.

Quote:
I rarely say this, but I agree with McQueen!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #135
Road Trip!

You guys are so childish.. arguing about what's better manual or auto.. in order for a manual to beat an auto you have to be a great shifter.. which I doubt half of you are..
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol awww your so cute trying to be a badass on the internet. Want a cookie? The fact your threatening me means I have caused you to second guess your choice. Else wise you would have brought valid points instead of personal attacks and incorrect points.

LOL see comment above

THe 2011 Mustang 5.0 beat the 2011 BMW M3 on the track per Motortrend. They called the M3 the winner because it was a smoother more controlled ride. Love to see a fully upgraded suspension Mustang compete against the M3, wouldn't see motortrend dare to call the mustang a looser again. Also still cost less than half the M3.

THis thread was created to debate an auto and a manual. I did exactly that. WTF does a civic have to do with anything?

Stock for stock yes because the stock auto shift points suck, an auto with a torque convertor and the right tires and gears will smoke a manual 5.0 on the drag race.

I rarely say this, but I agree with McQueen!
Dude you like pulling my balls and ill pull yours, im tired and your the only person that talks mad shyt here, **** it, some type of entertainment lol
Old 03-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post
You guys are so childish.. arguing about what's better manual or auto.. in order for a manual to beat an auto you have to be a great shifter.. which I doubt half of you are..
...not 100% true? your childish for not reading the comments and seeing the fallacy of your argument.

I am sick of typing the same points out because people cannot read them the first time...

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Dude you like pulling my balls and ill pull yours, im tired and your the only person that talks mad shyt here, **** it, some type of entertainment lol
talking ****? Because I am stating an opinion? I also wasn't the first one to start talking **** to other people. You did. I just returned your childish behavior!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I love these threads. Just to add to the fire it seriously take no talent to drive a automatic. What I mean is that my grandma can get in any automatic no matter the power about still be able to drive but you actually have to be able to drive with a manual. I will admit that I am no where near a pro driver but I'm still better than every automatic driver, sorry but it's true whether you'll admit it or not.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

...not 100% true? your childish for not reading the comments and seeing the fallacy of your argument.

I am sick of typing the same points out because people cannot read them the first time...

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

talking ****? Because I am stating an opinion? I also wasn't the first one to start talking **** to other people. You did. I just returned your childish behavior!
Okay bro you win, shyt aside manuals and autos are both good bro, ppl have differ prespectives at the time of deciding either becuase of traffic, they share with tje wife or want a manual for self enjoyment blah blah i could go on, just dont call out on everyone, share info instead of telling me off, which i know you share some good info sometimes but keep the sarcasm or w.e u call it to a minimum
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #140
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
This thread is done

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT