Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manual or Auto 2013 5.0?

29K views 139 replies 54 participants last post by  GrabberBlue5.0 
#1 ·
I'm getting rid of my 97 gt, but I don't know if I should get manual or auto trans for the 13 I'm going to get? I heard people have been having problems in manual. Plus I live in Los Angeles traffic blows. What do you guys think?

#109 ·
Blu13stang said:
I love my Auto, if your used to a Manual go with a Manual.

The 6 speed Auto isn't bad though with sport shift, will probably be even better when I get a tuner and customize the shift points & firmness. Plus (FYI) you can't get remote start with a manual as far as I know. Which for me remote start was a cool deal to get.
Someone had remote start on a Stang here. They did not have it done, the previous owner did, and they never used it, I am just saying allegedly it has been done.

#111 ·
Yeah you can get remote start with a manual...

I forget the exact details but there is a process you have to follow every time you shut the car off or you won't be able to remote start it.

I've thought about doing it, but it means giving up my spair key and I don't really think I'd use it that often other than to show off.

#115 ·
Just came across this thread.

I have been a manual guy for a long time. Every sporty car (and even most of the ones that weren't) I've had have been manual.

I have always said "muscle cars shouldn't be auto."

BUT- I love my auto. From all I have read and been told by friends in performance industry the auto in the new GT is superior to the manual- period.

It's nice after all those years of laboring in traffic and buying clutches that would hold more power to just put your foot down and listen to the car scream.

#119 ·
think you missed my points entirely...

while it is more than pushing pedals, drag racing isn't with an auto. you slam the gas and go...your car does the rest.

autocross your car with an auto can't think ahead and when you slow down into a turn it will more than likely be in the wrong gear, with a manual you can have it in the right gear to blow out of the turn, with an auto it has to reshift into the correct gear then go.

#121 ·
I guess I will continue too since the rest of the auto industry leans my way...

I mean look at formula 1, they don't allow fully automatic gear boxes because they require zero skill to drive. Gears boxes can have hydraulic clutches and change with paddle shifters but the driver is still required to shift the car, not just sit and mash the gas and brake pedal.

just saying!

#122 ·
You don't like disagreement do you?

It's nice to not labor in traffic or spend a bunch on clutches of you mod it.

It also happens to be the better tranny. The auto in the new GT is awesome.

Why can't you just leave it at that? Just because someone owns a manual doesn't mean they're a good driver. "Just saying"

#123 ·
what is funny is you are agreeing with me but probably don't like that you are.

statement #1. I agree with you but that is because you have chosen a ride that is easier to drive and there is nothing wrong with that. Still requires more skill to drive a manual well.

Statement #2 I don't disagree it is a better built tranny in this case but in general and still here there are many benefits to a manual. Better autocross times being one along with more control. Also the stock GT auto has terrible shift points that require a tune to fix. Don't need a tune to fix the manuals shift points.

Statement #3 This right here makes my point. Manual requires skill and not everyone can drive one well. Hence why it is a real competition driving one. You can always improve. Everyone can drive an auto, but less than 20% of americans can even drive a manual anymore and the percentage that can probably drive one well is way smaller.

I don't see what is wrong with me debating with you. I have been nothing but friendly about it and have made my points clear. Your the one who seems to not like the debate.

Nothing wrong with debate.

#130 ·
Just like you can autocross a civic, for heaven sake me and Mcqueen saw one actually keeping up on Sunday, buts its honestly debatable subject that could make this thread 20 pages longer, my point is not to start saying opinion to ppl that are happy and are not taking away from either or

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

The new auto has improved but stock for stock the manual will take the auto at the drag strip every time as long as the manual doesn't miss a gear.
Nvm im unsubscribing from thia thread lol!

#137 ·
...not 100% true? your childish for not reading the comments and seeing the fallacy of your argument.

I am sick of typing the same points out because people cannot read them the first time...

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Dude you like pulling my balls and ill pull yours, im tired and your the only person that talks mad shyt here, **** it, some type of entertainment lol
talking ****? Because I am stating an opinion? I also wasn't the first one to start talking **** to other people. You did. I just returned your childish behavior!

#138 ·
I love these threads. Just to add to the fire it seriously take no talent to drive a automatic. What I mean is that my grandma can get in any automatic no matter the power about still be able to drive but you actually have to be able to drive with a manual. I will admit that I am no where near a pro driver but I'm still better than every automatic driver, sorry but it's true whether you'll admit it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.