Dyno with Bama Hybrid Tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

nosympathy is unknown around these parts
Dyno with Bama Hybrid Tune

I feel like it is a lot lower than I expected it too be for what I have done to the car. The place that did the Dyno run, were really impressed with the tune though, said for a mail order tune it was one of the best they had seen. Said usually tunes go find until around 4K RPM then crap out and go all over the place, but that she had really steady run both times.

So in my sig you can see what I have done too the car. Was just surprised! I was expecting low 400 or so from the car. I am now wondering if they ran her in 4th and not 5th though, and that is why. Isn't 5th the best gear to dyno the 5.0 mustangs with? Anyway the good stuff.

My 2011 mustang 5.0 Dyno at Cincy Speed - YouTube is the video I took of it. If you go to www.cincyspeed.com you can see their video they took. The guy who ran her on the Dyno though I had straight pipes she was so loud haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	326763_462246587149887_1322003149_o.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	79371   Click image for larger version

Name:	458229_462299863811226_1431815969_o.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	79392  

Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

AMShaneLesky is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I feel like it is a lot lower than I expected it too be for what I have done to the car. The place that did the Dyno run, were really impressed with the tune though, said for a mail order tune it was one of the best they had seen. Said usually tunes go find until around 4K RPM then crap out and go all over the place, but that she had really steady run both times.

So in my sig you can see what I have done too the car. Was just surprised! I was expecting low 400 or so from the car. I am now wondering if they ran her in 4th and not 5th though, and that is why. Isn't 5th the best gear to dyno the 5.0 mustangs with? Anyway the good stuff.

My 2011 mustang 5.0 Dyno at Cincy Speed - YouTube is the video I took of it. If you go to www.cincyspeed.com you can see their video they took. The guy who ran her on the Dyno though I had straight pipes she was so loud haha.

nosympathy,

Those number's aren't too bad actually. I'm assuming your Mustang is a manual transmission? The best part is, both runs were consistent and the Air/Fuel looks perfect. Plus, don't forget that Air Density, Altitude, and different brand dyno's all have an effect on your hp/tq numbers. As long as your Mustang feels strong and the Air/Fuel ratios are on target, that's all you need. Don't forget, the car with the most horsepower isn't always the fastest car at the track!

Cool dyno run though. Those straight pies sound ridiculous!

Shane

Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
nosympathy,

Those number's aren't too bad actually. I'm assuming your Mustang is a manual transmission? The best part is, both runs were consistent and the Air/Fuel looks perfect. Plus, don't forget that Air Density, Altitude, and different brand dyno's all have an effect on your hp/tq numbers. As long as your Mustang feels strong and the Air/Fuel ratios are on target, that's all you need. Don't forget, the car with the most horsepower isn't always the fastest car at the track!

Cool dyno run though. Those straight pies sound ridiculous!

Shane
yeah, just found out they ran it in 4th though, which they admitted was stupid. Debating on having them run it again. They said they do it for free.

I know what your saying, and the numbers are good, they really were really impressed with the tune.

BTW no straight pipes, but they thought I had straight pipes from how loud it is.

JBA o/r X with stock OTA pipes and roush axle backs.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Staff

DDTCM is just getting started.
Actually that looks pretty damn normal for what you have. CAI,tune,x with cat delete. Remember its just a dyno and they are all going to be different. Be happy with what you have as long as its fun to drive.

July 2011 MOTM winner.
January 2014 MOTM winner.
DDTCM is an anal probe for gay pride meets. - Azure
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Actually that looks pretty damn normal for what you have. CAI,tune,x with cat delete. Remember its just a dyno and they are all going to be different. Be happy with what you have as long as its fun to drive.
Well, at the same time I have seen stock cars pull 370-380.

Wouldn't the fact they ran it in 4th instead of 5th make a difference?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Staff

Yes. If it makes you feel any better mine did 374whp with CAI and tune and I think that's low. I'm just anxious to see what see pulls now with full exhaust and Boss mani. If I could get in the range of 420 that would be great.

July 2011 MOTM winner.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. If it makes you feel any better mine did 374whp with CAI and tune and I think that's low. I'm just anxious to see what see pulls now with full exhaust and Boss mani. If I could get in the range of 420 that would be great.
Does make me feel better. I guess what is bothering me the most, is that for such a "reputable" shop as they seem to be, and looking through there facebook page how much work they do, that they could screw up something as simple as running it in 4th over 5th.

On facebook I asked them what gear they ran it in, and they admitted themselves they goofed up though. I think I might take them up on rerunning it for free though, just to take the discomfort out of my mind haha. Even if it shows a 2HP improvement, or loss, I still will feel the car got a fair chance to put down what she could.

***They actually just messaged me, they want me to come back, because they want to see how much of a difference 4th to 5th gear puts down on the Mustang 5.0, so guess it is getting redone haha!***
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
Staff

How many 5.0s have they done though? They could be a great shop but just have little experience with the coyote. Take them up on the offer,it good that they offered you another run.

July 2011 MOTM winner.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How many 5.0s have they done though? They could be a great shop but just have little experience with the coyote. Take them up on the offer,it good that they offered you another run.
Yeah I posted I expected to see her make closer to 415 and they said they could make her run that by dumping some nitrous in her. I laughed and said don't bother. So they run her, and first run she pulls 411.75HP and 393.90Torque. Second run was almost identical.

Needless to say I was laughing my ass off because both their jaws dropped. I also felt a lot better because he admitted he felt funny about the run the whole time. So all is good

They have worked on the 5.0 mustangs a little bit. They had a 5.0 they just installed stainless works long tubes and mid pipes and a procharger on. He was laughing because it had a hurst shifter, which he said was bad. Said it was worse than my stock shifter. He convinced me to get the MGW too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	458229_462299863811226_1431815969_o.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	79391  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

BlackBetty5.0 is unknown around these parts
Glad you got that worked out with the shop.Those power numbers are pretty darn good!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
Glad you got that worked out with the shop.Those power numbers are pretty darn good!
Thank you! Yes I am very impressed with the car. Very impressed with Bama's tune as well. If I had cash flowing out my ass I would have done two more runs retuned to the Bama race tune, and seen what happened there.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #12
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Yeah I posted I expected to see her make closer to 415 and they said they could make her run that by dumping some nitrous in her. I laughed and said don't bother. So they run her, and first run she pulls 411.75HP and 393.90Torque. Second run was almost identical.

Needless to say I was laughing my ass off because both their jaws dropped. I also felt a lot better because he admitted he felt funny about the run the whole time. So all is good

They have worked on the 5.0 mustangs a little bit. They had a 5.0 they just installed stainless works long tubes and mid pipes and a procharger on. He was laughing because it had a hurst shifter, which he said was bad. Said it was worse than my stock shifter. He convinced me to get the MGW too.
Good deal and nice #'s! Cant wait to get mine back on the rollers and see what my new mods have done.

July 2011 MOTM winner.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

ViperTran is unknown around these parts
What's a hybrid tune?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good deal and nice #'s! Cant wait to get mine back on the rollers and see what my new mods have done.
Thanks! Yeah I'd be interested to see what you put down. I know I want to do LT at some point. I just never really truely considered the Boss manifold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTran View Post
What's a hybrid tune?
It is a combination of the street and race tune.

Street (87-93 octane) - the street tune is designed as a daily driver program that focuses in on increasing mid-range power. It does give up a few HP at higher RPMs, but that's why there is a Performance file. Automatic vehicles are further enhanced by making adjustments to the transmission's shift points and firmness.

Race (91 - 93 octane) - The race tune will ensure the largest increase in vehicle performance. Using the highest grade of fuel available in your area is mandatory. This file is designed for "Race only Use" as the timing, fuel, and throttle response settings are very aggressive. in fact, the adjustments are so aggressive, that we do not recommend it for daily driving as it may cause your vehicle to try to jump out from a stop and easily spin the tires. Finally, with the automatics, we implement entirely new shift points and firmness settings to further enhance the all-out performance of the vehicle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT