Mustang Evolution Forum banner

AM project black out stage 4!!!!!!

3K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  JG5.0 
#1 ·
The new stage makes 650 whp with a single turbo, go check it out at AM website.

#14 ·
I've actually been wondering for quite some time if Blackout is running off of stock engine innards. If it is, I wonder how they get around the 8th Cylinder Detonation that seems to plague the Coyote when forced induction is thrown into the mix.

#16 ·
I don't think any FI coyotes have had that issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that a couple bad tunes on NA builds caused this and it got blown out of proportion

#19 ·
Please excuse me while I remove the foot from my mouth. It's really in there.

#21 ·
Lol I woke up in a little bit of a daze.

#23 ·
Makes me wonder just how much pressure these babies can take.

#24 ·
stangaroo said:
I don't think any FI coyotes have had that issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that a couple bad tunes on NA builds caused this and it got blown out of proportion
Your right by my research as well. I looked into everything before going FI. NA cars with tunes were having almost all the problems, granted tunes are more common then FI but I couldn't find a FI car that blew up except for one turbo car that crapped a ring and one guy that had meth injection and he bent some rods I believe, but it was bc his meth kit went crazy and dumped it all at once. People are running mad power to these stock motors, curious to see if it can really take it over a few years. Hopefully I won't find out and I'll have a 13 Shelby by then haha!

#32 ·
stangaroo said:
Lol that's my dilemma too... If I had the cash right now to trade up I think I'd almost rather do a tranny swap and boost it to 800hp and keep it as a (relatively) sleeper. It kind of is a sleeper already though people still think its only 300hp and a 5 speed.... Lol

I know that there's a few 5.0s pushing a thousand hp, at least one of them is a boss but it would definitely be nice to see how they hold up in the long run. An 800hp daily driver would be amazing
I know right! I just like the fact that they come with 600+ rwhp factory and it's built to Handle that with a warranty and all. Mine is a sleeper for sure, car is still the way it came except for springs, mufflers and that lil Paxton under the hood haha. Some people ask me if the intercooler that you can see a lil bit is the radiator... Haha! The shelby is a Shelby though and with a couple small upgrades like exhaust tune and pulley you got around 800 and with a motor built for boost. Jut sucks it's that expensive, hoping to run across a used one with low miles in the next year or two.

#33 ·
That's an awesome setup you have! And yeah I agree, warranty is nice with the Shelby but there's something about the sleeper look that I'm really into lately. Well... If you can call it that lol, people will "only" expect a 12 second quarter out of you and then you fire out a 10 lol.

Question, how's launching that thing? Did your 0-60 take a hit at all? Because I'm with 3.73s and stock other than mufflers and some pretty sticky tires and I love hitting it in first and getting pinned into the seat off the line

#35 ·
stangaroo said:
That's an awesome setup you have! And yeah I agree, warranty is nice with the Shelby but there's something about the sleeper look that I'm really into lately. Well... If you can call it that lol, people will "only" expect a 12 second quarter out of you and then you fire out a 10 lol.

Question, how's launching that thing? Did your 0-60 take a hit at all? Because I'm with 3.73s and stock other than mufflers and some pretty sticky tires and I love hitting it in first and getting pinned into the seat off the line
Its not bad bc it doesn't boost til around 4k so I can pedal it through. The 0-60 did take a hit since I still have stock tires, but It will improve after some tires, def a star in 3rd-5th especially! 40-100 in no time!! The blowoff delivers a instant woody along with the constant whistle haha. When it catches in warm weather there is plenty of pinning to the seat, trust me haha, especially when 2nd catches. I'm soon gonna do full exhaust, CAI, retune and be in the mid 6s rwhp. Gonna stop there..... Supposedly lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.