AM project black out stage 4!!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
AM project black out stage 4!!!!!!

The new stage makes 650 whp with a single turbo, go check it out at AM website.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Post the link!!!! Lol
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
http://www.americanmuscle.com/2012-g...oject-car.html
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Is that too much HP for a stock 5.0?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Lord NoMoney
Staff

What do you mean
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 12-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It 650 hp too much for a stock engine, will it blow up on you or can it handle that power
Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
Lord NoMoney
Staff

I'm no professional but I don't see why they be doing all of those expensive modifications to that car if they thought it was just gonna blow up.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
I'm no professional but I don't see why they be doing all of those expensive modifications to that car if they thought it was just gonna blow up.
I am talking about long term not tomorrow or next week.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

It's probably not best for daily driving but like I said I'm by no means any kind of car buff. So honestly no clue.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:

I would say its too much if you want the car for more than 3-4 years. It shortens the life for sure, how is really depending on how it's driven.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Man it looks fun though! That car looks so amazing.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like a blast! Great job!
blackmustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Looks amazing!
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I've actually been wondering for quite some time if Blackout is running off of stock engine innards. If it is, I wonder how they get around the 8th Cylinder Detonation that seems to plague the Coyote when forced induction is thrown into the mix.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dodge makes cars STOCK that blow up next week! (Had one)
Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
I've actually been wondering for quite some time if Blackout is running off of stock engine innards. If it is, I wonder how they get around the 8th Cylinder Detonation that seems to plague the Coyote when forced induction is thrown into the mix.
I don't think any FI coyotes have had that issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that a couple bad tunes on NA builds caused this and it got blown out of proportion
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post

I don't think any FI coyotes have had that issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that a couple bad tunes on NA builds caused this and it got blown out of proportion
Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Just the same, I would love to have a breakdown of the set up.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Just the same, I would love to have a breakdown of the set up.
They give you the setup, stages 1-4
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Please excuse me while I remove the foot from my mouth. It's really in there.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
Please excuse me while I remove the foot from my mouth. It's really in there.
You are just having a good day are you not haha?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I woke up in a little bit of a daze.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dodge makes cars STOCK that blow up next week! (Had one)

Quote:
That's the impression I got. I read a bunch about #8 when I started lurking around the forums after buying the car. Now it seems there is very little issue & the internet wisdom is some bad tunes, and the tuners have learned what the issue was. Take that for what you will. I haven't read anything recently about anyone popping one.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Makes me wonder just how much pressure these babies can take.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

Your right by my research as well. I looked into everything before going FI. NA cars with tunes were having almost all the problems, granted tunes are more common then FI but I couldn't find a FI car that blew up except for one turbo car that crapped a ring and one guy that had meth injection and he bent some rods I believe, but it was bc his meth kit went crazy and dumped it all at once. People are running mad power to these stock motors, curious to see if it can really take it over a few years. Hopefully I won't find out and I'll have a 13 Shelby by then haha!
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post

Your right by my research as well. I looked into everything before going FI. NA cars with tunes were having almost all the problems, granted tunes are more common then FI but I couldn't find a FI car that blew up except for one turbo car that crapped a ring and one guy that had meth injection and he bent some rods I believe, but it was bc his meth kit went crazy and dumped it all at once. People are running mad power to these stock motors, curious to see if it can really take it over a few years. Hopefully I won't find out and I'll have a 13 Shelby by then haha!
What FI do u have??
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol that's my dilemma too... If I had the cash right now to trade up I think I'd almost rather do a tranny swap and boost it to 800hp and keep it as a (relatively) sleeper. It kind of is a sleeper already though people still think its only 300hp and a 5 speed.... Lol

I know that there's a few 5.0s pushing a thousand hp, at least one of them is a boss but it would definitely be nice to see how they hold up in the long run. An 800hp daily driver would be amazing
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol that's my dilemma too... If I had the cash right now to trade up I think I'd almost rather do a tranny swap and boost it to 800hp and keep it as a (relatively) sleeper. It kind of is a sleeper already though people still think its only 300hp and a 5 speed.... Lol

I know that there's a few 5.0s pushing a thousand hp, at least one of them is a boss but it would definitely be nice to see how they hold up in the long run. An 800hp daily driver would be amazing
The 1000 hp stangs are built by l&m engines and when i was doing my research to get internals the guy told me they never had any problem and they where bullet proof, even tho most people with 1k dont use it everyday to go to work,
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The 1000 hp stangs are built by l&m engines and when i was doing my research to get internals the guy told me they never had any problem and they where bullet proof, even tho most people with 1k dont use it everyday to go to work,
True I'm sure no ones daily driving that, are you saying that with internals they are bully proof or bullet proof stock with FI? Also for those builds what are they doing?

I think it's weird how much more advanced the 5.0 is than the 5.8, nice to have options though lol
Old 12-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I got a price from L&M built bottom end and a kennebell mamouth liquid cooled supercharger insalled 20K then GL mt-82
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
I got a price from L&M built bottom end and a kennebell mamouth liquid cooled supercharger insalled 20K then GL mt-82
Yup that would be less than the difference to trade up, decent chunk of change though
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

What FI do u have??
Paxton's complete kit, love it! Tune is a lil rough though since its so conservative but still put 559whp. Will prob do a full exhaust and retune eventually but going to run it their way for a while since I have 25k left on their warranty.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know right! I just like the fact that they come with 600+ rwhp factory and it's built to Handle that with a warranty and all. Mine is a sleeper for sure, car is still the way it came except for springs, mufflers and that lil Paxton under the hood haha. Some people ask me if the intercooler that you can see a lil bit is the radiator... Haha! The shelby is a Shelby though and with a couple small upgrades like exhaust tune and pulley you got around 800 and with a motor built for boost. Jut sucks it's that expensive, hoping to run across a used one with low miles in the next year or two.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know right! I just like the fact that they come with 600+ rwhp factory and it's built to Handle that with a warranty and all. Mine is a sleeper for sure, car is still the way it came except for springs, mufflers and that lil Paxton under the hood haha. Some people ask me if the intercooler that you can see a lil bit is the radiator... Haha! The shelby is a Shelby though and with a couple small upgrades like exhaust tune and pulley you got around 800 and with a motor built for boost. Jut sucks it's that expensive, hoping to run across a used one with low miles in the next year or two.
That's an awesome setup you have! And yeah I agree, warranty is nice with the Shelby but there's something about the sleeper look that I'm really into lately. Well... If you can call it that lol, people will "only" expect a 12 second quarter out of you and then you fire out a 10 lol.

Question, how's launching that thing? Did your 0-60 take a hit at all? Because I'm with 3.73s and stock other than mufflers and some pretty sticky tires and I love hitting it in first and getting pinned into the seat off the line
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
650 whp = flying
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's an awesome setup you have! And yeah I agree, warranty is nice with the Shelby but there's something about the sleeper look that I'm really into lately. Well... If you can call it that lol, people will "only" expect a 12 second quarter out of you and then you fire out a 10 lol.

Question, how's launching that thing? Did your 0-60 take a hit at all? Because I'm with 3.73s and stock other than mufflers and some pretty sticky tires and I love hitting it in first and getting pinned into the seat off the line
Its not bad bc it doesn't boost til around 4k so I can pedal it through. The 0-60 did take a hit since I still have stock tires, but It will improve after some tires, def a star in 3rd-5th especially! 40-100 in no time!! The blowoff delivers a instant woody along with the constant whistle haha. When it catches in warm weather there is plenty of pinning to the seat, trust me haha, especially when 2nd catches. I'm soon gonna do full exhaust, CAI, retune and be in the mid 6s rwhp. Gonna stop there..... Supposedly lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT