What Coolant For 2013 5.0? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
What Coolant For 2013 5.0?

Sorry for the probably stupid question, but this is the first car I have ever owned or driven, so it is the first car that I have ever had to maintain. Anyways, my coolant reservoir is almost to the minimum line.

I read the owner's manual, and it just says Motorcraft Orange. So, I went to the local Ford and purchased one gallon for about 25 USD. I didn't bother reading the instructions until after I got to my place. Apparently, it is concentrated, so it needs to be manually diluted with distilled water. This is not an issue, as I can read and I have plenty of common sense.

But, I just wanted to know if you guys use the pre-diluted antifreeze in your vehicle, and if it safe to just pour that in to the reservoir, thus mixing it with whatever is currently in the reservoir?
helloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I would have carried it to the dealer and have them top it off. Would have done this service with oil change. Get your money back on the anti-freeze. As far as mixing it needs to be 50/50 mixing with preferably distilled water and anti-freeze
mongo1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
^What he said, but just had to say, wow, your first car is a '13 5.0? Nice! I didnt get mine 'till 40, lol.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I've never paid good money for 50/50 its half water. Years ago you never heard of it, til someone got smart and started selling water. The effectiveness of the coolant will drop, there for I've always used pure antifreze. Unless your completely draining the radiator use the pure stuff. Buy a cheap tester and keep the coolant in the recommended parameters by adding water only when needed.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
^What he said, but just had to say, wow, your first car is a '13 5.0? Nice! I didnt get mine 'till 40, lol.
He could have grown up in NY City and only ever ridden the subway before, and now moved to *name your city* and found he needed a car!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT