Full suspension upgrade Review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Full suspension upgrade Review

So I had a full suspension installed (details in thread 'small upgrade installed), and have had a full day of driving. I wanted to review it here for anyone considering the same. Recap, this is LCAs, UCA, relo, sway bars, struts/shocks, springs and CC plates. 1.5 and 1.4 inch drops to the rear and front respectively.

Sound. Huge difference here! Hard to describe, but constant hissing or metallic sound along with metal moving sounds on bumps or when you toss it around. If you have done a short throw and noticed the solid 'thunk' sound, it is similar to that but at the corners of the car. These are NOT clanking or metal grating sounds. Don't expect that, but if you hear it then get it up to a shop because something is wrong.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Handling. Body roll is basically non-existent. Click off traction control and hit some corners. Even when the rear slides out, you have substantially more control. The sideways movement is not near as violent. you have time to think and you'll find yourself steering the slide with the accelerator just as much as the wheel.

Road driving. Even on decent, but older roads, you may sometimes feel as if you are driving a jackhammer. You feel, and hear, almost every bump and crack in the road. If you don't plan to track your baby and it is a DD, then this should be a big consideration.

Looks. Low and long. 1.5 is a bigger drop then I realized. Sitting this close to the ground, it looks like a true sports car. Somehow the dimensions change and it looks real long and meaner.

Summary. So far I am extremely happy with this mod. I also did the driveshaft which may also add to the experience but it feels like a completely different and faster car. It is not my DD, so the negatives here only make it more like a purpose-built vehicle and less like a cushy Cadillac.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Great review ... thanks for sharing. I am waiting on my shop to get my parts in so I'm anxious to see what it does for my car, although my upgrades are not as extensive as yours (shocks/struts, PHB, PHB brace, LCA's and relo brackets - the car is already lowered).
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
thanks for sharing, Ill be doing a similar upgrade in the near future.
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. The mod is awesome, just lookout for potholes and curbs! You'll love it
Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome review. Thanks for taking your time and posting this info. Im getting air suspension here shortly but im looking into what parts i can still use ie.. lca's, uca's, ph bar, and sway bars that would not interfere with the automatic raising and lowering of my car. Any suggestion?
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt
Awesome review. Thanks for taking your time and posting this info. Im getting air suspension here shortly but im looking into what parts i can still use ie.. lca's, uca's, ph bar, and sway bars that would not interfere with the automatic raising and lowering of my car. Any suggestion?
This drives real hard, to be honest. I still love it, but just FYI

Steeda, everything except ph bar (for what you mentioned). Make sure you gt an adjustable ph bar, but the rest is all Steeda. I did a lot of research, and then went dumb cheap on the LCAs... Steeda is proud of their product so I still got poly/poly LCAs thru UPR for 140 less. Should've just bit the bullet though. Only regret on the susp.

When you set all your angles, make sure someone is in the pass seat and you have that air susp set low like you plan to drive it

Can't say about sway bars wi that susp, but again susp. I went Steeda ult sway bar kit. Thing is, other than the LCA, I went hog wild on this one
Old 12-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Sounds like a solid job done on your suspension!

Well be here if you ever want to make the change to the Billet LCA's, lol.

If you or any of the members need any help with pricing or questions then feel free to email me at tim@steeda.com.

We are very close to becoming a sponsor on this board !

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Sounds like a solid job done on your suspension!

Well be here if you ever want to make the change to the Billet LCA's, lol.

If you or any of the members need any help with pricing or questions then feel free to email me at tim@steeda.com.

We are very close to becoming a sponsor on this board !

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks Tim... I will bit you up for the 'did not realize I promoted ur stuff' discount as soon as I decide I want to really lay down the power
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
thanks for the review! trying to figure out what I want to do with my new car!!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT