Torque Specs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Torque Specs

Does anybody know what the ft/lbs the lca's bolt require and have googled and searched and can find nothing. If you have a link to a site that has all the torque spec and ratings for our cars it would be greatly appreciated
Jrsgrabber50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I don't have a link but this is what I've been using:

FRONT:
Brake caliper bracket bolts 98
Dust shield bolts 15
Wheel spindle pinch nut 76
Lower control arm forward bolt 129
Lower control arm rearward nuts 129
Heat shield bolts 89 lb-in
Brake line bracket bolt 15
Strut upper nut 46
Strut-to-spindle bolts 148
Strut-to-body nuts 26
Wheel hub retainer nut 221
Stabilizer bar bracket nuts 52
Stabilizer bar link nuts 85
Anti-lock brake sensor bolt 53 lb-in
Outer tie-rod end nuts 59
Steering gear mounting bolts 85

REAR:
Rear shock absorber upper nut 30
Rear shock absorber lower bolt 85
Lower arm-to-body bolt 129
Brake caliper anchor plate bolts 76
Lower arm-to-axle bolt 129
Panhard rod-to-body mount bolt 129
Panhard rod-to-axle bolt 129
Lateral stiffener bar-to-body mount nut 85
Lateral stiffener bar-to-body bolts 46
Stabilizer bar bracket nuts 52
Stabilizer bar link bolts 85
Parking brake cable bracket-to-lower arm 20
Upper control arm front bolt 129
Upper control arm rear bolts 85
Upper control arm bushing nut 129
Fuel tank strap bolt 38
Brake hose bracket bolt 15
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Here you go: Ford Service Manuals - SECTION 204-02 [Rear Suspension]
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
definitely go with what the manufacturer of the LCAs recommends. Factory rear is 129 lbs/ft but, you don't want to crush the different styles of bushing used in aftermarket arms by overtorquing them. My UMIs recommend 100 lbs/ft.

The factory arm has a very thick sleeve to compensate for the rubber bushing and can thus take the high torque values. Aftermarkets with Poly, etc. don't necessarily need to run as thick a sleeve and thus, you should go with the arm manufacturer's instructions.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
definitely go with what the manufacturer of the LCAs recommends. Factory rear is 129 lbs/ft but, you don't want to crush the different styles of bushing used in aftermarket arms by overtorquing them. My UMIs recommend 100 lbs/ft.

The factory arm has a very thick sleeve to compensate for the rubber bushing and can thus take the high torque values. Aftermarkets with Poly, etc. don't necessarily need to run as thick a sleeve and thus, you should go with the arm manufacturer's instructions.
This is great advice. ^^^ Always use the manufactured recommend torque for any aftermarket part you buy. There may be small differences that you don't realize, which command a different torque. Keep in mind the manufacturing designed the part for you particular vehicle and chose the TQ that works best for their item!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I would but the ones I ordered did not come with a torque spec that is why I am asking. It does not say heck it pretty much came with very little paperwork
Old 12-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have all the TQ specs for a bunch of the aftermarket parts.I see if I can run a scan and post later.I would imagine they are very miuch in line with factory if not exact.It's important on the LCA's because to much will cause NVH and the inability to perform correct.
I just looked at some of them and the spindle bolts for struts 166 FT LBs. DO NOT do that much to a CC bolt or it will break I am sure.Being thats not a whole lot I would be damn sure the one bolt is right.Not a fan of CC bolts just for this reason.I hope to go CC plates but I have had good results with my CC bolts.BMR has probably the best IMO because you also can adjust more correction with there bolts.Most CC bolts are 77lb.s.AS for the question and rear.....The LCA's are 129 as I believe several mentioned.The damper weight on the axle is 45. Relocation brackets are 129 and panhard bar 129.There is a correct way of doing these things exact if you wanna be perfect you need to check or ask as you are doing things.Some stuff needs to be under load before TQ is done.PH bar should just be on and snug then put car down and loaded before the 129. OH and it is probably already said but the 4 bolts holding your strut mount and probably have or maybe not strut tower brace,but those 4 bolts are only 26FTlbs
What LCA are you installing? Car lowered? If so You need to read the link that explains angles of LCA's and how important that is.Thats why relocation brackets are a gotta have or adjustable LCA...If your LCA is running at all down from axle to body you will get less traction.You are actually lifting the wheels instead of planting.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Eibachs adjustable pro alignment lca from American Muscle , no car is not lowered
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsgrabber50 View Post
Eibachs adjustable pro alignment lca from American Muscle , no car is not lowered
If all you are doing to susp. at this point is LCA's only, then ADJUST IT TO EXACT AS THE FACTORY ONE WHEN YOU PULL IT.YOU CAN RUN A LONG BOLT THRU THE 2 (OE/EIBACH) MAKING SURE ITS SET AS THE FACORY ONE.Just what I would do if thats all you are putting on for now.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
If all you are doing to susp. at this point is LCA's only, then ADJUST IT TO EXACT AS THE FACTORY ONE WHEN YOU PULL IT.YOU CAN RUN A LONG BOLT THRU THE 2 (OE/EIBACH) MAKING SURE ITS SET AS THE FACORY ONE.Just what I would do if thats all you are putting on for now.
They are installed, I adjusted them to the exact length of the stock ones , I have them in with the bolts in them I just haven't torque the bolts yet
Old 12-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsgrabber50 View Post
They are installed, I adjusted them to the exact length of the stock ones , I have them in with the bolts in them I just haven't torque the bolts yet
I hear ya man.Hope you like them. If like me you just have to do a little at the time.If not it will never get done. Did You take or got any pics of them on? What all have you or you gonna do for susp. mods?
Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Right now just the lca's probably then uca's , then I will do coil overs down the road. I just like the coil overs cause you can adjust where you wanna ride, when I go to the track drop it down, when I just driving around jack it back up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT