After Cat H-Pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
After Cat H-Pipe

I can only find threads that address o/r H-pipes so I apologize for this exhaust question.

I don't want to do a cat delete at the moment because I'm not interested in voiding my warranty just yet with a tune, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to get an after cat H-pipe? I want an H over an X because I don't want the exhaust to sound raspy at all and would prefer a deeper sound.

Will an after cat H-pipe make the exhaust louder at all and will it increase power even just a little over the stock pipe? Or should I just wait until I'm ready to do a delete? I really just want my exhaust louder at the moment so that's the only answer I'm really concerned about. I've already put on a new axle-back and am not interested in a resonator delete.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 132
Basically it would be a waste of money with minimal gain if you just got an after cat h. If you wanted a sound change get an X but some say it quiets the exhaust even more. But your still spending 150+ for almost nothing.
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I can only find threads that address o/r H-pipes so I apologize for this exhaust question.

I don't want to do a cat delete at the moment because I'm not interested in voiding my warranty just yet with a tune, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to get an after cat H-pipe? I want an H over an X because I don't want the exhaust to sound raspy at all and would prefer a deeper sound.

Will an after cat H-pipe make the exhaust louder at all and will it increase power even just a little over the stock pipe? Or should I just wait until I'm ready to do a delete? I really just want my exhaust louder at the moment so that's the only answer I'm really concerned about. I've already put on a new axle-back and am not interested in a resonator delete.
You will need to do cat deletes to get any power at all. Plus your car already comes stock with an H pipe.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,880
If you want it louder, go for a muffler delete axle back setup.

Magnaflow Competition Axle Back

For louder, but mainly when your getting on the throttle, try the Magnaflow streets. They will keep it deeper too.

Magnaflow Street Axle Back

I would stick with something like ^this if you are wanting to stay cool with your warranty. After your warranty is up, then you can get a catted or off road H pipe setup. I too like the H better than the X pipes. I don't care if they say it gives you a little more power. I just don't like the sound as well. JMO
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
As these guys already mentioned, adding an after cat H-pipe will not do you any good since you already have one from the factory. The best thing to do is get a louder cat-back like the Roush or Flowmaster Outlaw series. These will definitely make your Mustang louder.

You could also run an aftermarket Hpipe with highflow cats, too. This way you'll still be legal and you'll gain more sound/power. Just make sure you get a tune to help with passing emissions. You'll need the car running to its max ability in order to pass the OBDII test with highflow cats.

Hope this helps!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
As these guys already mentioned, adding an after cat H-pipe will not do you any good since you already have one from the factory. The best thing to do is get a louder cat-back like the Roush or Flowmaster Outlaw series. These will definitely make your Mustang louder.

You could also run an aftermarket Hpipe with highflow cats, too. This way you'll still be legal and you'll gain more sound/power. Just make sure you get a tune to help with passing emissions. You'll need the car running to its max ability in order to pass the OBDII test with highflow cats.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Shane, do they not make MIL elliminators for 2011 - 2013 Mustangs yet?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
As these guys already mentioned, adding an after cat H-pipe will not do you any good since you already have one from the factory. The best thing to do is get a louder cat-back like the Roush or Flowmaster Outlaw series. These will definitely make your Mustang louder.

You could also run an aftermarket Hpipe with highflow cats, too. This way you'll still be legal and you'll gain more sound/power. Just make sure you get a tune to help with passing emissions. You'll need the car running to its max ability in order to pass the OBDII test with highflow cats.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Will highflows throw a CEL? We don't have emissions testing where I live so as long as it doesn't mess up the o2 sensor I should be okay.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Shane, do they not make MIL elliminators for 2011 - 2013 Mustangs yet?
As far as I know, they don't unfortunately. It would make life a lot easier if they did exist, when it comes to modding your exhaust.

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
Will highflows throw a CEL? We don't have emissions testing where I live so as long as it doesn't mess up the o2 sensor I should be okay.
Most highflow catalyst will throw a CEL light. It can still be difficult to prevent the CEL from coming on with a custom tune. However, you can always just turn the rear O2 sensors off and prevent the CEL from coming on. This will of course cause you to fail emissions though.

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:50 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.