spoilers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
spoilers

Anybody know if the GT500 spoiler or aftermarket style spoilers covers up or fits the holes of the Pedestal OE CS type if taken off ?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
I've read that the holes are different.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
It will not. The pedestal spoiler has 8 holes while the stock and GT500 ones use 4 holes.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah....Just talking to AM and they say it will cover the holes but he thought I may have to drill 2 more. Damn alot holes in the trunk for spoiler by time I am done..LOL. I don't know what I do yet.Just exploring. Thinking of finding somebody who has a 12GT mint shape black hood to trade for my mint shape black hood with scoop plus money my way. On a mission of appearance changes

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
It will not. The pedestal spoiler has 8 holes while the stock and GT500 ones use 4 holes.
Thats what I told him and he said correct but will cover them.I would plug and/or seal very well before I would put the 500 spoiler on. Just dont want water to get to those areas of old spoiler. Key to it all is proper sealing/mounting.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Yeah....Just talking to AM and they say it will cover the holes but he thought I may have to drill 2 more. Damn alot holes in the trunk for spoiler by time I am done..
Actually your trunk has 8 holes now if you have the C/S spoiler which from your pics it looks like you do. So you would have 4 holes not covered up if you switched to a different spoiler. If you have the stock spoiler then the GT500 is a direct swap. I did it with my car. Here's an old pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT500 pic.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	676.6 KB
ID:	80302  
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Actually your trunk has 8 holes now if you have the C/S spoiler which from your pics it looks like you do. So you would have 4 holes not covered up if you switched to a different spoiler. If you have the stock spoiler then the GT500 is a direct swap. I did it with my car. Here's an old pic.
OK.....Look. See if you follow me. I realize the holes will not have bolts thru all 8 and yes it is CS with 8. What I am saying is the spoiler visually will cover up the CS pedestal holes when mounted. Are you saying there will be holes showing? This is the 3d carbon fiber painted to match and has just little more lip and variances from a OE GT 500 spoiler. Apparently designed in mind to cover the CS pedestal along with aggressive lip and look much like the GT 500. AM is saying it will cover and will work. I am asking if any knows. If you say no it will not then I take that as what you say and tell them they are wrong. Thanks for the feedback and let me know what you think again here. Thanks man!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I've never seen that spoiler before. I do know you cannot use a GT500 as it will not cover up all the holes.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Are you selling your black C/S pedestal spoiler?
mustangman5345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman5345 View Post
Are you selling your black C/S pedestal spoiler?
MAYBE.....May sell my hood with scoop for hood without too.Plus cash. Would have to be a local deal and off a 12gt with paint in shape mine is.Excellent. I may just swap trunks on a deal.Exploring options. I think the 3d GT500 spoiler is made to cover Pedestal holes, according to AM.I will call somebody I know there 2moro.I did not know who this guy was today
Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I'm looking for a C/S rear spoiler for my Black on Black GT!! 2012!! Maybe we can make a deal !!! I'll take you spoiler and trunk lid an you can have mine that has the stock spoiler!! What do you think!! I really want the C/S spoiler on my car!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
I'm looking for a C/S rear spoiler for my Black on Black GT!! 2012!! Maybe we can make a deal !!! I'll take you spoiler and trunk lid an you can have mine that has the stock spoiler!! What do you think!! I really want the C/S spoiler on my car!!
Possible....Only thing is you are far away and you would have to swap plus pay.Doubt you want to,but I am gonna have to buy spoiler anyway.I am not staying with stock spoiler.I just stay pedestal before I'd do that. Thanks for offering. Kansas is pretty good ways man. LOL!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was just offering... That way you wouldn't have the holes to worry about!!! Kansas is a long ways!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
I was just offering... That way you wouldn't have the holes to worry about!!! Kansas is a long ways!!!
Thanks though man!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #14

Region: Texas
GO TO AM WEBSITE AS ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE INSTALLED THERE C/S SPOILER JUST FINE! i bought one A few months back from them and its in my room. ive allmost decided to just buy a 2013 c/s mustang with a automatic tranny, since everyone is having issues w/ the china transmission. btw my bother live in lenexa ks 66222 and he will be here in denison,tx around christmas and can bring it up there if interested he owns camsrep,inc. thanks jerry
streetshark 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Olathe KS... I would like to get it from you!! How much are you asking for it!! I'm very interested!!! I use to live in Ft Worth Tx till 2000!!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #16

Region: Texas
Hey tom go to americanmuscle.com look under spoilers and they have a video with justin in it talking about the new calofornia special spoilers , i paid way over $200 , if it will fit in his car ill have him take it up there! $150 is fair for you picking it up. he lives on w. 98th st in lenexa,ks 66222 thanks jerry
streetshark 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Hay ...I maybe very interested in the spoiler!! It is a 2012 C/S Gt spoiler!! And what color is it!! I'm looking for Vlack!! But hay, I can have it painted!! So. If your serious , $150 for it!! I would like to get it!! It is the pedestal type!! Let me know if your serious!!! Tom

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT