Boss Intake Manifold - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #71
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Thanks.... Cost of this mod is creeping up there
You can find used Boss mani's for cheap. Mine was slightly used and cost me $300 shipped. My full exhaust (ARH LTs and OR X) slightly used was $830 shipped. I just saw a Boss mani in excellent condition for $370 shipped.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I got the boss ,bbk throttle body and the C&L cai for 600 all together
sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I plan on getting the Boss mani to raise the rpm range so I can make it through the traps without running out of gear. Only other way is go to a taller tire, but on mine w/ 3.73's I hit the limiter about 100' or less from the finish line. I think the raised rpm range will do the trick.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I'm starting to be curious about the actually gains of the Boss MI, Steeda CAI and Bama tune setup. I want to find a reputable Dynojet and return my car to stock, make a couple of passes and then put everything back on and do a few more.
Told you to get a base pull!
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #75
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

Told you to get a base pull!
I know, I know, FML.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #76
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

You can find used Boss mani's for cheap. Mine was slightly used and cost me $300 shipped. My full exhaust (ARH LTs and OR X) slightly used was $830 shipped. I just saw a Boss mani in excellent condition for $370 shipped.
Do you get any drone out of that setup? Do you have a cat back or axel back?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Wondering if I can get that done without making a lot of noise. I'm not a fan of real loud exhausts. I know... That is almost a crime to say on here. I just want a deep sound when I gun it
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Wondering if I can get that done without making a lot of noise. I'm not a fan of real loud exhausts. I know... That is almost a crime to say on here. I just want a deep sound when I gun it
Gt500 axle backs are not very loud but are very deep.

Wednesday I'll be able yo tell y'all what the Borla stingers are like with an o/r X.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #79
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

+1 I was thinking about the Borla Touring exhaust after LT's and an o/r X. I can't seem to find anyone with this setup so I can get a sound clip.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. I want to keep my bassani's, but I thoughtthe headers and catless made anything super loud
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #81

Region: Tennessee
Has anybody upgraded the throttle body with the Boss IM or know if it helps

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I have the BORLAS and they have a deep rumble if u get on it but can hardly hear them under normal driving
ptwhital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwhital View Post

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I have the BORLAS and they have a deep rumble if u get on it but can hardly hear them under normal driving
Not worth buying a new TB under any circumstance haha.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Anyone Dyno their car with Boss Mani and Stock Airbox then change to aftermarket CAI to see gains if any? I am told aftermarket CAI doesnt give any gains they are just for looks.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #84
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Do you get any drone out of that setup? Do you have a cat back or axel back?
No drone. Axle back.

Quote:
Thanks. I want to keep my bassani's, but I thoughtthe headers and catless made anything super loud
OR makes it scream at WOT and on a cold start but it pretty mellow at idle once it warms up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Not true. With the boss mani it will help pick up some torque in the mid range.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
No drone. Axle back.

OR makes it scream at WOT and on a cold start but it pretty mellow at idle once it warms up.

Not true. With the boss mani it will help pick up some torque in the mid range.
Hey guys, I just read this whole thread and decided to put my two cents in, just in my own experience I went from stock headers, o/r/x/p cat delete and magnaflow cat backs, to lt headers jlt i think? o/r/h/p cat delete and gt500 mufflers and gained around 17 hp and have dynoe sheets to prove it, and as for the throttle body I put on the bbk 85mm TB and yes I could feel a slight increase, and overall a way better/smoother running engine, I would say I gained a couple hp but the car runs alot better with it, im glad I put it on and im going to dyno it and just see what the numbers are? I think the TB works better if you have all the supporting mods, as for the BOSS IM it is a beast....!
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #86
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post

Hey guys, I just read this whole thread and decided to put my two cents in, just in my own experience I went from stock headers, o/r/x/p cat delete and magnaflow cat backs, to lt headers jlt i think? o/r/h/p cat delete and gt500 mufflers and gained around 17 hp and have dynoe sheets to prove it, and as for the throttle body I put on the bbk 85mm TB and yes I could feel a slight increase, and overall a way better/smoother running engine, I would say I gained a couple hp but the car runs alot better with it, im glad I put it on and im going to dyno it and just see what the numbers are? I think the TB works better if you have all the supporting mods, as for the BOSS IM it is a beast....!
Thanks for the review! I've really been on the fence with the TB lately, I've always been convinced it doesn't do much but lately I've been hearing a lot about mid range lately tq build lately. Also I think it might be more help with other mods already in place. Next mod will either be aluminum DS or LT's. I know I've been saying that for a while now but I swear its coming lol, just been on a huge suspension kick lately

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

yeah me too, i just added BMR front lower a arms and steedas rad. support, and a BMR swaybar, and put the battery in the trunk, I shaved 45 lbs off total weight and putting 40 plus lbs in the trunk but the aluminum ds feels like 20 hp instantly, and as for the lower a arms...wow what a difference, but back to the TB I noticed a noticable difference as soon as I started the car, mostly on low end and alot smoother and better sounding thru the gears? I dont really know how to say it, but was it worth $450,00 probably not, is it a must have piece? probably not, but it goes really good with Boss im and LT'S
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 12-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #88
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
What were your final #s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Thanks for the review! I've really been on the fence with the TB lately, I've always been convinced it doesn't do much but
lately I've been hearing a lot about mid range lately tq build lately. Also I
think it might be more help with other mods already in place. Next mod will
either be aluminum DS or LT's. I know I've been saying that for a while now
but I swear its coming lol, just been on a huge suspension kick lately
I saw you posting on that LT for sale thread. Stop farting around,get your *** over there and buty them. That's a sweet deal for the full package! It's similar to what I paid for mine. Even if you don't put them on right away,it's to good to pass up. For what it's worth my Boss mani and full exhaust sat in the garage for a couple of months before I put them on. The deals were just to good to pass up.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

my dyno after the LT'S was 428 hp and that was a 19hp gain over my last dyno and the only mods were the LT'S and I know my hp nurmbers probably would show 10-12% more if I dyno'd with less gear, I have 4.10's and I see guys with same mods as me pushing 450hp but less gear? I am going to dyno this week and just see if the TB did give a gain or not.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Sorry didnt mean 10 -12 % , meant to say hp
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #90
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
my dyno after the LT'S was 428 hp and that was a 19hp gain over my last dyno and the only mods were the LT'S and I know my hp nurmbers probably would show 10-12% more if I dyno'd with less gear, I have 4.10's and I see guys with same mods as me pushing 450hp but less gear? I am going to dyno this week and just see if the TB did give a gain or not.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Sorry didnt mean 10 -12 % , meant to say hp

Good #s still. We will be having a dyno day in Feb so I'm looking forward to some decent #s.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:

Not for the hybrid tune...for the cam tune yes.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

It is a hybrid of the street and race tunes offered by bama.

All I've been running for almost 2 weeks.
Do they offer a hybrid of the performance and street tune
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I plan on getting the Boss mani to raise the rpm range so I can make it through the traps without running out of gear. Only other way is go to a taller tire, but on mine w/ 3.73's I hit the limiter about 100' or less from the finish line. I think the raised rpm range will do the trick.
A Boss manifold wont raise your rpm range. It will move your powerband up the range but redline is redline. You can use a tuner to raise your rev limiter to whatever you want though.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote:

You will gain 8-10rwhp with a bigger TB
13BLKCYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Do they offer a hybrid of the performance and street tune
The whole hybrid thing is a gimmick. A race tune from just about any decent shop will give you peak power and tq throughout the powerband. Call and talk to Brenspeed, JPC, Kurgan, or Lund
Old 12-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #94

Region: Tennessee
Does anyone know anything about the 90 mm throttle body from Ford Racing
ptwhital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Does anyone know anything about the 90 mm throttle body from Ford Racing
yes i do and i would suggest to stay away!! its not a direct bolt on, you need to trinsfer the wires out of the connector and put them in the new connector and if one of them doesnt connect good or whatever your car wont run, this is first hand experience, i bought one and the guys from ford basically told me that those tb's are made for high rpm racing engines, i sent mine back it wouldnt work..
Old 12-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #96
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BLKCYOT View Post

A Boss manifold wont raise your rpm range. It will move your powerband up the range but redline is redline. You can use a tuner to raise your rev limiter to whatever you want though.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

You will gain 8-10rwhp with a bigger TB
Hard redline is 7800, and the tb will give about 5-8 peak hp but shows gains of 20 hp and 20 tq throughout power band

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Hard redline is 7800, and the tb will give about 5-8 peak hp but shows gains of 20 hp and 20 tq throughout power band
Yeah lol if you have the balls to take it to that!!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BLKCYOT View Post

Yeah lol if you have the balls to take it to that!!
And your tb gains depends on your setup, cai, tune, etc
Old 12-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

I hit 7600 everytime i hit the gas pedal almost, i try not to but with the aluminum ds and flywheel it goes to red as soon as i touchthe gas
Old 12-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hit 7600 everytime i hit the gas pedal almost, i try not to but with the aluminum ds and flywheel it goes to red as soon as i touchthe gas
Damn it man!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="13BLKCYOT;1428935"]

A Boss manifold wont raise your rpm range. It will move your powerband up the range but redline is redline. You can use a tuner to raise your rev limiter to whatever you want ./QUOTE]

I know this
Old 12-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

I love the Boss IM, I lost alittle down low and at first was disappointed but the more I drove it I was very happy, it is unreal how much it sets u back in your seat when your in third gear and punching it, with all my mods it is perfect, and now I have more than got my low end back but up high it is scary, and Ive had people in my car that love driving fast and they are in awe of the power, it really is fun dont hesitate to put it on, u wont regret it.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

I got the bbk 85 mm throttle body jut because I got it in the deal I got it all for 600 boss C&L cai and bbk
sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
I have the 2013 5.0 California Special, with JLt tuned Intake, SCT Tuner, Borla S-Type Exhaust, with the 3.73 gears. trying to think of what's next. what's your opinion on the Boss Intake Manifold? worth it? also Headers- Want a Pair of KooKs long tube- Opinions ?
Don't forget you will need to buy a bigger strut because the boss intake manifold is to big for it to go back on
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Don't NEED one
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just bend the basterd thats what a lot of guys do and it looks great
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT