Daily Driver - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Daily Driver

I wish I could bring myself to drive my mustang more, I am afraid to get it dirty. I need to get over it! Is anyone else like this?
kintsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Are these kinds of threads needed?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
No way. I didn't pay all that money for a pretty garage ornament. It's a mustang bro she's meant to be driven
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Are these kinds of threads needed?
+100

It's not a rare Bugatti, and even those get driven and get dirty from time to time.

Drive the dang thing and enjoy it, get it dirty, drive it like you stole it even... Don't put it on a pedestal and be afraid to get it dirty, that's just sad.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Is it a shelby or other special limited edition? I wouldn't spend cash on a car I don't use. Getting her dirty is just an excuse to spend more time washing her on the weekend! More mustang time!
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, is any thread needed? I smoked the tires for the first time today, small steps.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I spent a little over 4k on a beater so I didn't beat up the gt.

Don't feel bad if you treat your car right. Short drives with red lights are not good for the car, don't apologize for recognizing that. It may be a little much if you're just avoiding dirt though
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

This isn't a tech thread
Old 12-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea I really take care of mine as well... She's still in showroom condition, I wish I could drive it more... Got it in March 2011 and only got about 8,500 miles on it not by choice really, I don't have time to take it out much... I work a lot
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I picked up my 13 GT on 7 November and it now has 5000 miles
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand View Post
I picked up my 13 GT on 7 November and it now has 5000 miles
Wow, that's a lot of fun !! I actually put like 2,000 the 1st 2 weeks I got it... Took about a week off to enjoy my bday present to myself, then had to get back to reality and work hard to keep it and mod it
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ya a little over a thousand of it was spend driving from Fl to Ny
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

2000 the first 2 weeks? Where did you go? Lets discuss the tech connections to limited driving so everyone is pleased, lol
Old 12-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Yea I really take care of mine as well... She's still in showroom condition, I wish I could drive it more... Got it in March 2011 and only got about 8,500 miles on it not by choice really, I don't have time to take it out much... I work a lot
I got my car in april 2011, and currently just popped over 14000. I feel like I don't drive her very much either since I don't really have a social life, just driving to work.

I feel like I am really going to rack of the miles for right now tho, as I drive 60 miles a day to and from work where it used to be like 10-12.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
DRIVE HER!!!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I got mine in February with 12,400 miles on it. It's about to roll over 30k and haven't had a single problem beside the notchy shifting and engine ping that is pretty much gone.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
6 months old and 3400 miles

On the tech side... I live 6 miles from work with just as many stop lights. It would be torture on the car to do this. 20 or 30 miles would be much better. Engine heats up (without long periods of idling which is not good), everything is lubricated and operating at proper temp. I am not even at normal temps by the time I get to work unless it is the summer. This is not to even get into highway vs city miles. I'd buy a car with 30k miles after a year from a guy in the country before I'd buy one with 20k from a guy in the city. She'll get her time, but this way (with a beater) I get to choose
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If you don't drive your mustang it will look like this.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3446488207.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	80861  
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
If you don't drive your mustang it will look like this.....
You mean like an awesome project in the making? haha.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
You mean like an awesome project in the making? haha.
I don't think you would want your 11+ to look like that though lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I don't think you would want your 11+ to look like that though lol
yeah but my car is only 2 years old, not 30-40. lol.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Funny stuff. Mines a DD when not commuting with the wife. Just rolled over 18,000. I had to take mine out in the snow last year but no biggie. Figure as thing get scratched or dented it will give me excuses for new hood, fenders, paint, etc. Or when engine goes I'll drop in a twin turbo 427 from NRE. My wish list... Now with that it would defiantly become more of a project car.

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/e...ly-Driver.html
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've barely driven my 2013 cuz I like its babied new car smell status too much, but then it helps my daily driver is a 2005 Roush mustang gt : D
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm starting to question my decision to put mine away for the Winter.
I plan on putting at least 5k on the odometer next year if in fact, I put it away next Winter.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I will never own two cars lol winter hail storms my car will do it all
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post
Funny stuff. Mines a DD when not commuting with the wife. Just rolled over 18,000. I had to take mine out in the snow last year but no biggie. Figure as thing get scratched or dented it will give me excuses for new hood, fenders, paint, etc. Or when engine goes I'll drop in a twin turbo 427 from NRE. My wish list... Now with that it would defiantly become more of a project car.

Nelson Racing Engines - Twin Turbo Daily Driver
lol that 427 is just crazy...
Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post

+100

It's not a rare Bugatti, and even those get driven and get dirty from time to time.

Drive the dang thing and enjoy it, get it dirty, drive it like you stole it even... Don't put it on a pedestal and be afraid to get it dirty, that's just sad.
I drive mine like I stole it
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I got the AM cover , my car is covered at my house and at work , the first days everybody was making jokes and ish , i have a 2013 black GT , i had it for almost a month and washed it only once and the car is shiny as hell since the cover picks up most of the little dust, no bird poo or other **** so if u r concern about getting dirty the cover is a great help ... Btw out of the buch of my coworkers that were laughing , all the ones that have black cars keep coming over to ask me how come my car stays so clean ;D
BTW mine is a DD also
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834 View Post
I got the AM cover , my car is covered at my house and at work , the first days everybody was making jokes and ish , i have a 2013 black GT , i had it for almost a month and washed it only once and the car is shiny as hell since the cover picks up most of the little dust, no bird poo or other **** so if u r concern about getting dirty the cover is a great help ... Btw out of the buch of my coworkers that were laughing , all the ones that have black cars keep coming over to ask me how come my car stays so clean ;D
BTW mine is a DD also
How long is your commute? I think mine would get too dirty for the cover in a day of driving...
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #30
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
BTW mine is a DD also
They're probably just trying to be nice to you. It's kinda funny that you put that thing on at work. You must be really OCD about dirt.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

They're probably just trying to be nice to you. It's kinda funny that you put that thing on at work. You must be really OCD about dirt.
I'd cover mine at work if I wasn't so impatient. We have a parking garage that just spools up dust and some sort of building next to ours that sometimes puts a mist of something into the air that is a b*tch to get off the car. I try not to park on the top level which gets it the worst. But my commute is 35 miles one way so I probably pick other stuff up that I'd be afraid I'd rub between the cover and car.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
BTW mine is a DD also
I had a boss in Florida that did this, and I thought he was nuts, until I figured out he was actually a genius. His daily driver was a 2001 Camaro SS that looked brand new, and I was shocked to learn it had over 120k on it. Between the sun fading the paint & the salt in the air from the ocean, he had figured out how to make his car last and look amazing.

The cover takes a minute to put on, but like the saying goes, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". His car should have needed to be repainted at this point, and it looked like it did new, so I say cover it, keep it covered, and in the long run you'll have a nicer looking ride. I keep mine garaged and covered as well when it's not being driven or worked on, it keeps it clean that way, so i can pull the cover, and take it out and drive it without cleaning it every time.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Well idk if im a genious or if i got ocd , but that cover keeps my car clean , inside and out, i dint get sun wear on the dash either , my commute is quite close 10 min max.. But i think the car gets worse while sitting , plus no bird poop on a black car is something really important
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well idk if im a genious or if i got ocd , but that cover keeps my car clean , inside and out, i dint get sun wear on the dash either , my commute is quite close 10 min max.. But i think the car gets worse while sitting , plus no bird poop on a black car is something really important
+1 on the lack of poop. BTW, what cover you got?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
BTW mine is a DD also
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post
+1 on the lack of poop. BTW, what cover you got?

I keep meaning to buy that cover myself. I get bird poop on my car something bad at my new job. To park away from everybody I have to park under a bunch of power lines....enough said.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT