Whatcha think of this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Whatcha think of this?

I am not a big fan of carbon fiber look or ricey stuff either but these pieces are a nice deep clean look.Pictures don't even do justice.Thinking about having pieces along the dash done to match.Quality is great. The good thing is it's not JLT's nearly 500.00 pieces. I only have 100.00 in it.The guy does these for about 200ish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	80944   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	80945  

2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Looks tasteful.. Nothing 'ricey' IMO about CF done correctly.. A lot of high end cars have CF accents..
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Looks tasteful.. Nothing 'ricey' IMO about CF done correctly.. A lot of high end cars have CF accents..
Thanks man! I am loving it big time.Much more than I thought I would.One of my very favorite appearance mods for sure! Very deep and can clean it with spotless deep shine look.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I love how that looks, well done! I'd be tempted to do it as well if I thought it would match up with my GT/CS interior "carbon" look from the factory...
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Those pieces look a lot better than the paste-on ones commonly available. Looks like complete replacement panels. Still not my thing, but they don't look cheesy.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Thanks man! I am loving it big time.Much more than I thought I would.One of my very favorite appearance mods for sure! Very deep and can clean it with spotless deep shine look.
I assume those are "hydro carbon" parts?

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

So it's a wrap then?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Very nice!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Looks sharp
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hydrocarbon yes....wrappish look....Absolutely not.Looks like something OEM would look if they made these. Excellent quality. In fact what other cars I have seen with CF interior pieces did not look close to these. Just impressed at how thick and deep it looks.Easily cleans without scratching and etc. I need to use my camera to take some quality pic's so guys san get the real jest of it.
They have to be removed and sent off to be done.There is a little involved in removing the pieces.Mostly the stereo section
Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Hydrocarbon yes....wrappish look....Absolutely not.Looks like something OEM would look if they made these. Excellent quality. In fact what other cars I have seen with CF interior pieces did not look close to these. Just impressed at how thick and deep it looks.Easily cleans without scratching and etc. I need to use my camera to take some quality pic's so guys san get the real jest of it.
They have to be removed and sent off to be done.There is a little involved in removing the pieces.Mostly the stereo section
How hard was it to remove the buttons and stuff on the stereo unit?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

How hard was it to remove the buttons and stuff on the stereo unit?
You don't... After pulling up the clip held console, there are two bolts holding the guage plate (at the bottom).

Then just a bunch of screws on the back holding the stereo to the plate. Real easy. I painted mine.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Like you, I'm not a fan of the CF look, but there's no denying these are outstanding! I think your guy is sitting on a gold mine.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
These hyrdo carbon pieces look really cool! I don't think it look ricey a all, actually. With black interior I think it fits just right.

Great job with a "custom" touch!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good
Ratraget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #16
JRS

Region: Europe
Send a message via Skype™ to JRS
Looks really good! They use that sort of style a lot on European sports cars. The Focus RS had that, as well as the previous Focus ST. Looks good in my opinion.
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Fellows!! Man it is for sure quality.Looks Very factory and touch of classy taste looking pieces.My black leather with GB insert and stitch look great.The pieces along the dash that have a somewhat sim. pattern need to be pulled and done then she would be mint.Those factory pieces don't hold a candle to the look of these. Gotta see whats involved in pulling them and shipping off for probably a week or so.Just ordered Koni STR.T few minutes ago so it will be a while.LOL!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT