Roush axlebacks question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Roush axlebacks question

Hey guys looking at axle back exhaust and wondering if there's any way to run the Roush without the Roush rear fascia? I really don't want to change my car's body at this point.
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Yea just buy the roush with the round tips and not the square tip
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Sweet I was hoping that was an option
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
Sweet I was hoping that was an option
That's what I'm running. Attached before and after photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1159889400.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	81521   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1543153904.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	81522  

__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post

That's what I'm running. Attached before and after photos.
How do you like the Roush axle back? I have it but won't install it until I get my GT out of hibernation.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

How do you like the Roush axle back? I have it but won't install it until I get my GT out of hibernation.
I was very impressed with a simple axel back swap that gave my car the sound it deserves. I like it! I'm still driving mine in the cold. Or at least above 35 degrees. Here is a sound clip I need to update once I go phase 3:

http://youtu.be/KYbkxmx__v4
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBetty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
How do you like the Roush axle back? I have it but won't install it until I get my GT out of hibernation.
I love mine, I think the Borla's sound the best but I couldn't justify the price. The Roush have A LOT of crackle and pop on descent, which I like. Some people don't though.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
I love mine, I think the Borla's sound the best but I couldn't justify the price. The Roush have A LOT of crackle and pop on descent, which I like. Some people don't though.
+1 can't beat the price. I love that crackle! After suspension and brake upgrades I may revisit exhaust.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 230
With the weather like it has been, I'm questioning putting the car away . We're finally getting snow on Thursday! At any rate, I think I'll take it out much earlier than I expected. I have several things to install and it's murder not being able to do it. Car's all wrapped up.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
With the weather like it has been, I'm questioning putting the car away . We're finally getting snow on Thursday! At any rate, I think I'll take it out much earlier than I expected. I have several things to install and it's murder not being able to do it. Car's all wrapped up.
Here in cincy they have been saying snow for like 2+ weeks and it still hasn't happened.

I'll drive mine through the snow anyway as it is my DD, but something makes me feel I won't see the snow.

I am all excited about it and my friends are mad there isn't any snow. You know they don't drive fast fun cars
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
Hey guys looking at axle back exhaust and wondering if there's any way to run the Roush without the Roush rear fascia? I really don't want to change my car's body at this point.
roushcoyotepony,

Here's what you're looking for- The Roush Axle-back and round tips to fit your stock fascia!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jose096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 21
The roush round tip will fit like a glove and they are super easy to install.
Jose096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Thanks a lot for all the advice guys I'm definitely going to go with the Roush as I love the sound they gave my 2005.

And jeez I cant imagine having to store my Stangs for even a week! I love the lack of seasons around here
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Your user name is roush coyote pony. Do you have a roush now?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Yep, a 2005 Roush Sport Mustang GT
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Ah, do you also have a 11+?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Indeed a 2013 mustang GT : D
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
winslow16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 176
if you really want a mean sound i put an off road h pipe on along with my roush and wow. the axle backs alone are too loud for some people but i love it with the o/r h. some people think its obnoxious but i also dont drive like an a**hole all the time either so it balances out. another thing i did was i put about 4 or 5 coats of plastidip on the tips a few months back and they came out great and alot cheaper then spending the extra whatever on the kit with the black tips
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Cool ideas thanks man ^ personally I hope to have long tubes and a suitable midpipe installed sometime down the line. I have a feeling I'll have to go back to stock or nearly stock mufflers then so it doesn't set off car alarms lol
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
Cool ideas thanks man ^ personally I hope to have long tubes and a suitable midpipe installed sometime down the line. I have a feeling I'll have to go back to stock or nearly stock mufflers then so it doesn't set off car alarms lol
Yeah don't do stock mufflers. They don't sound good without the cats haha. Gt500 mufflers or I am firmly standing behind the borla stingers.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
winslow16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 176
i set off car alarms now with just the cats removed
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Here in cincy they have been saying snow for like 2+ weeks and it still hasn't happened.

I'll drive mine through the snow anyway as it is my DD, but something makes me feel I won't see the snow.

I am all excited about it and my friends are mad there isn't any snow. You know they don't drive fast fun cars
Yeah, I hope to keep this one a long time since it was the first year for the coyote engine. I plan to drive it as much as I can during the fair weather season though. Maybe I'll teach my grandson to drive it in 2027 when people don't know how to drive a manual? .

We get a lot of lake effect snow off Lake Michigan, but so far this year it's been nonexistent .

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow16 View Post
i set off car alarms now with just the cats removed
I see a lot of references to cat deletes. Are those cars only for competition? I thought cats were mandatory everywhere for normal driving?
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Yeah, I hope to keep this one a long time since it was the first year for the coyote engine. I plan to drive it as much as I can during the fair weather season though. Maybe I'll teach my grandson to drive it in 2027 when people don't know how to drive a manual? .

We get a lot of lake effect snow off Lake Michigan, but so far this year it's been nonexistent .

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------



I see a lot of references to cat deletes. Are those cars only for competition? I thought cats were mandatory everywhere for normal driving?
They are mandatory. A lot of people break that rule though haha.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Thanks for the advice on GT500 mufflers I'll keep em in mind for later. And as I understand it you can technically drive without cats but it's not legal and you won't pas emissions testing without them
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
Thanks for the advice on GT500 mufflers I'll keep em in mind for later. And as I understand it you can technically drive without cats but it's not legal and you won't pas emissions testing without them
It most likely also makes you break the legal decibel limit depending on how the rest of your exhaust is set up.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

It most likely also makes you break the legal decibel limit depending on how the rest of your exhaust is set up.
Yes more than likely you will.

Some places like where I live we don't have any of that EPA crap and so no one cares that you drive without cats on. They also can't check without putting your car on a lift, and even then I have never had anybody ask.

Breaking the sound limit though is usually your own fault with that kind of setup. I just took the roush off so I am not nearly as loud from idle to 3K RPMs as I was, but even when I had the roush on cops never paid me any attention as I wasn't always revving past 3K.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Man I hope its cool in my area especially since I'm 75 miles from the Mexico border and there are quite often vehicles bellowing black or grey smoke with every acceleration. With my 2005 Roush at emissions they just plugged into the ECM and did a gas tank probe and all was good.
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
Man I hope its cool in my area especially since I'm 75 miles from the Mexico border and there are quite often vehicles bellowing black or grey smoke with every acceleration. With my 2005 Roush at emissions they just plugged into the ECM and did a gas tank probe and all was good.
If you have emissions tests you won't pass. Some people will put them on for the test, and take them off after.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 230
OK, my 11 GT won't to go to emission testing till 14 or 15, but every two years after that. Thanks for the info though. I guess I'll leave them on to protect the fairies and unicorns.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
So I installed the Roush axlebacks today and they're really worth the cost. Every acceleration especially over 3k rpm is total ear porn. The install wasn't difficult, the instructions were less than detailed and had a couple mistakes, but at least included the torque specs for all of the bolts.
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony
So I installed the Roush axlebacks today and they're really worth the cost. Every acceleration especially over 3k rpm is total ear porn. The install wasn't difficult, the instructions were less than detailed and had a couple mistakes, but at least included the torque specs for all of the bolts.
+1

Hehe, he said ear porn, hehe
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

+1

Hehe, he said ear porn, hehe
Lol yes SHE did
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

+1

Hehe, he said ear porn, hehe
Lol! Ewwwww
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.