Good DD track parts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Joyride is unknown around these parts
I want to keep my mustang as a daily driver and handle well on a track. What would be good buys that wont ruin ride quality too much? I was thinking coil overs with anti roll sway bars, rear LCAs, and a new strut tower brace. Any opinions on brands would help, thanks!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Charlie_santos is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I want to keep my mustang as a daily driver and handle well on a track. What would be good buys that wont ruin ride quality too much? I was thinking coil overs with anti roll sway bars, rear LCAs, and a new strut tower brace. Any opinions on brands would help, thanks!
Eibach all the way sir, don't forget a sway bar! And UCA's

Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Supporter
Staff

GrabberBlue5.0 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Dampers... After all the suspension mods I've done, I would have to say dampers were the best. I would get the Koni strt and the Steeda ultralites or FRPP p springs. Coil overs are very expensive and give a lot of jounce to the ride. Then sway bars and stb. Lca and uca are good but will contribute a decent bit of nvh. I still recommend them nonetheless

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Joyride is unknown around these parts
Will I need relocation brackets for anything? Thanks for the tips!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

SolidRRaxle is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride
Si
Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Supporter
Staff

GrabberBlue5.0 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Need is a bad word to use when you're talking about this stuff. I would highly recommend the brackets for sure when you decide to lower the car (that's the only time they're really necessary, or for drag racing) but they are not needed. The brackets are used to help correct the suspension geometries when the car is lowered and to put more downward pressure on the tires, this helps with traction (hence why they're used for drag racing). These brackets are about the only left for me to upgrade on what I would like to refer to as tier 1 suspension upgrades (lcas, damper, uca, sway bars, springs, pan hard rod, stb, and relo brackets)

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

GrayGhost is unknown around these parts
Quote:
If you lower the car, I would say a resounding... YES! When you get on it, there is serious traction loss due to change in suspension geometry/weight transfer. Get those rear lower control arms back to near parallel to the ground. Peeling out without any eventual bite sucks big time.

2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2015 Mustang GT