2013 GT vs 2015 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

tgmeyer is unknown around these parts
2013 GT vs 2015 GT

Hey there guys,

So Ive been loving the changes Ford made to the 13' Mustang. However, I'm really curious about how it's going to look in 2015. One other thing I'm really curious about is the powertrain.. Do you think we're going to get an Eco-Boost 5.0 option? What are you guys thinking or have heard?

On another note, I will purchase one or the other, just not sure what year. I need to know, when are the 13 GT Premiums going to drop the most? After when should they have depreciated the most they're going to? Either do that soon, or wait and find out what the 15's will offer. I am almost 100% against a brand new car though. Depreciates thousands the second you sign the papers and drive it off the lot. Unless I was given it at a used price, probably won't go new.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

doug5.0 is unknown around these parts
Buying a used Mustang is like buying a used condom... You really don't know hard the previous owner rode it! LOL! I I say go for a new 13... If the Mayans were right you'll be happy you got one!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Grove2504 is unknown around these parts
Read your post. You kinda answer one question... also the 13 will probably not stop depreciating for years
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

roushcoyotepony is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0
Buying a used Mustang is like buying a used condom... You really don't know hard the previous owner rode it! LOL! I I say go for a new 13... If the Mayans were right you'll be happy you got one!
Lol +1000000
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

SolidRRaxle is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0
+1 lol

OP, spend time on this forum. Check out threads about break in where everyone says they drive the piss out of the car off the lot. Check out the ones where people talk about going back to stock to sell it. Go to the track section... On and on.
You lose about 20-25% in the first year. That is your cost to get one before one of us gets a chance to drive her like she is stolen for a year or so
Old 12-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

KARgt13 is unknown around these parts
And if you find a used '13 in the next few months it's going to cost nearly as much as new anyway
Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

claudermilk is unknown around these parts
Check the 2015 rumours forum. It's 99.9% pure speculation. All we think we know for sure is it's gettin an IRS, the front frame rails are much narrower, and it's very likely to get one of Ford's EcoBoost engines and keep the Coyote (I have yet to see even a whisper of a rumor of it geting an EcoBoost treatment).

If you plan to keep the car for a while, IMHO the depreciation hit is meaningless. I kept my last car until it wore out, then got the Mustang. That took 15 years & 200k miles. The Mustang is set to follow the same trajectory--but with better support it ought to outlive that.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

IanM is unknown around these parts
I bought an 11 GT/CS this year, it was "in service" for 1.5 years and had a total of 9400 miles. I'm just assuming ALL of those are very hard miles, and have added an extended bumper-to-bumper 6 year/60k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty just in case. All things considered, I still saved $16,000 over a new comparable GT/CS. It's not my daily driver, and I planned to mod the heck out of it, so i'm not afraid of a car like this one. I did my homework and looked all over it for signs of thrashing and damage, and overall have been extremely pleased with my purchase.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

SolidRRaxle is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM
I bought an 11 GT/CS this year, it was "in service" for 1.5 years and had a total of 9400 miles. I'm just assuming ALL of those are very hard miles, and have added an extended bumper-to-bumper 6 year/60k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty just in case. All things considered, I still saved $16,000 over a new comparable GT/CS. It's not my daily driver, and I planned to mod the heck out of it, so i'm not afraid of a car like this one. I did my homework and looked all over it for signs of thrashing and damage, and overall have been extremely pleased with my purchase.
Bumper to bumper and mod the heck out of it are not really statements that make sense when referring to the same car.

Unless you say, I plan to mod the heck out of my car, so I shouldn't have spent money on that bumper to bumper warranty. Not trying to troll here but thought it was worth mentioning
Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

KARgt13 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Bumper to bumper and mod the heck out of it are not really statements that make sense when referring to the same car.

Unless you say, I plan to mod the heck out of my car, so I shouldn't have spent money on that bumper to bumper warranty. Not trying to troll here but thought it was worth mentioning
I'm trying not to mod for the sole purpose of not losing any of my warranty.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Moto111 is unknown around these parts
Just get a used 11/12 with a warranty remaining . Same thing as a 13 you can just add a custom hood and front bumper and it will look better then a 13. No way I will wait until the 15s are here. Everyday I think of the 5.0 lol
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

IanM is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post

That is a very fair and valid point. Initially I was going to wait to do mods, but the car was just too much fun to not do them.

The purpose of the warranty for me was more for things that they can't prove were caused by my mods. I argued the price of the warranty from a starting point of nearly $2000 down to just under $500. So if it covers a handfull of small things, or one big bad thing, it's worth it to me in the end.

I've got a great mechanic I've used for years, which his shop fits the criteria to be able to use this warranty at, and he'll work with me should something ever happen. I was careful to read over the details of said warranty prior to anything, to be sure it would be useful to me in the event I needed it.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Lucky_13 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0 View Post
HAHAHA awesome analogy!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT