And that time has come, the Borla Stingers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
They do stick way the hell out the back. Doesn't really bother me, I kind of like it, but just wow.
I have the Borla stingers on my 13 and they also stick out way to far and I still have the stock x pipe on mine.
GT 500 Spoiler,Front Bumper
Custom Dyno Tune by Wolfpack speed
20" Roush Hyper Black Wheels
2013GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013GTStang View Post

I have the Borla stingers on my 13 and they also stick out way to far and I still have the stock x pipe on mine.
It seems the rear valence on the 10-12 is fatter and makes the mufflers look more flush. Which leads me to believe that most the axlebacks are designed for the 11-12, I think there are some axlebacks that are revised for the 13s... Not that the ones before aren't compatible, but the bumpers are different so it will look different. Maybe adjustments can be made to the midpipe to fix that
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
I don't care what anyone says the borla s type is the loudest exhaust out if them all. I've heard every single exhaust made for the 5.0 in person all beside one another and my s type beats all of them out if the park including the roushes. That's without a x pipe too
Louder than the Attak you think?
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490 View Post

Louder than the Attak you think?
I think they are about equal the attak is annoying in my opinion.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post

I think they are about equal the attak is annoying in my opinion.
Is It just more raspy and crackly? I like loud but I like the deep loud. Everybody around where I live rides around in their trucks with no mufflers or cats and it's just real loud and crackly. I try to avoid that.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Is It just more raspy and crackly? I like loud but I like the deep loud. Everybody around where I live rides around in their trucks with no mufflers or cats and it's just real loud and crackly. I try to avoid that.
The stingers are not crackly and don't rasp. All deep.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #42
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Refresh rate of the camera does not bode well with the tail lights
Lol, is that what was going on? I was wondering about that.

Sounds great OP! And you are correct, the video's never do exhaust justice.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The stingers are not crackly and don't rasp. All deep.
Sweet I was thinking Attak before but if they're both about the same volume I'd rather have the deeper ones.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Lol, is that what was going on? I was wondering about that.

Sounds great OP! And you are correct, the video's never do exhaust justice.
Haha yeah there is just no way to feel the bass in your chest from a video that these guys produce. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote:

Sweet I was thinking Attak before but if they're both about the same volume I'd rather have the deeper ones.
I am beyond happy with the stingers. I hated the rasp on my roush. It sounded good for what it is, but it isn't my kind of sound.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy
So, I can't tell you how much I love these guys. On the highway cruising at 2K RPM they are quiet. Like I can whisper and hear myself quiet. They also are still really loud with the o/r X when you go WOT.

First start up and idle of the car, a small panic attack hit me, what did I do? These guys startup very quiet compared to the Roush. I thought I had just made a $700 mistake. I took off down the street to give the exhaust a go, was 11 at night, and wanted to go to the highway so I could let them go. I first noticed that it felt like the car drove better, but soon realized it was because i wasn't "scared" anymore to let her go and make some noise. I live about 2 miles from the highway. Another person at my house, told me they heard me the moment I hit the entrance ramp, because I floored it. Get her up to 60-65 and hit a hill that the drone on the Roush was so bad on, I had to literally scream at other people to talk to them. I could whisper and hear myself talk. Color me impressed. The rasp is gone. It is all deep, even in higher rpms.

Now for the video, the part ya'll want.

There are two parts to the video. First is an acceleration last night with the windows down, second is today me starting and revving the car.

So click and check it out already.
+1
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
So, I can't tell you how much I love these guys. On the highway cruising at 2K RPM they are quiet. Like I can whisper and hear myself quiet. They also are still really loud with the o/r X when you go WOT.

First start up and idle of the car, a small panic attack hit me, what did I do? These guys startup very quiet compared to the Roush. I thought I had just made a $700 mistake. I took off down the street to give the exhaust a go, was 11 at night, and wanted to go to the highway so I could let them go. I first noticed that it felt like the car drove better, but soon realized it was because i wasn't "scared" anymore to let her go and make some noise. I live about 2 miles from the highway. Another person at my house, told me they heard me the moment I hit the entrance ramp, because I floored it. Get her up to 60-65 and hit a hill that the drone on the Roush was so bad on, I had to literally scream at other people to talk to them. I could whisper and hear myself talk. Color me impressed. The rasp is gone. It is all deep, even in higher rpms.

Now for the video, the part ya'll want.

There are two parts to the video. First is an acceleration last night with the windows down, second is today me starting and revving the car.

So click and check it out already.
Thank you Nosympathy for your post and videos. I’ve been thinking about installing a JBA X-Pipe for awhile and your post just made up my mind. I’ll be ordering one with my next American Muscle order.
Coyote 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote 5 View Post
Thank you Nosympathy for your post and videos. I’ve been thinking about installing a JBA X-Pipe for awhile and your post just made up my mind. I’ll be ordering one with my next American Muscle order.
Glad I could help mate!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah, that video sounds awesome. Love the sound of the stingers, but can't afford stingers and an o/r x right now. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the stingers, or should I just fork up the cash and buy the pipes in the future?
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlueGT View Post
Yeah, that video sounds awesome. Love the sound of the stingers, but can't afford stingers and an o/r x right now. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the stingers, or should I just fork up the cash and buy the pipes in the future?
Buy the stingers and do the o/r pipe later. There is nothing that sounds like them IMHO.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with Nosympathy. Buy stingers and do the X-pipe later. They were the first mod I did. You get what you pay for and they are awesome sounding.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I've just heard numerously that stingers don't sound much louder than stock, that's what worries me because 99% of videos that sound great have an o/r pipe on them. I'm down to stingers vs. outlaws. Someone say something bad about the outlaws to change my mind!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've just heard numerously that stingers don't sound much louder than stock, that's what worries me because 99% of videos that sound great have an o/r pipe on them. I'm down to stingers vs. outlaws. Someone say something bad about the outlaws to change my mind!
Stingers sound nothing like stock. Who ever told you stingers don't sound much louder then stock has never heard stingers before. Stock was so bad I put stingers on within the first 500 miles on my Mustang. To me the stock sounded like I was driven a V6. Go with the stingers and you'll be very happy.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Stingers are prob the top 3 if not number 1 for loudness out of all the after market exhausts.
I will try and get a video of my going under an underpass. People almost go deaf when I hammer it through there.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have the s type with resonators and no cats and it's loud but not that loud and no drone.
drewzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
S type are pricey but worth it... When I'm cruising with other random mustangs I get tons of compliments on my exhaust, they think I'm running a full exhaust setup. I was lucky enough to find them on eBay for $630 shipped, brand new in a sealed box from Borla... But like I said I was lucky, I was almost afraid of getting a knockoff which thankfully I didn't as I did the correct research to make sure it was the correct part # in the description
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

S type are pricey but worth it... When I'm cruising with other random mustangs I get tons of compliments on my exhaust, they think I'm running a full exhaust setup. I was lucky enough to find them on eBay for $630 shipped, brand new in a sealed box from Borla... But like I said I was lucky, I was almost afraid of getting a knockoff which thankfully I didn't as I did the correct research to make sure it was the correct part # in the description
I have the cat back and wouldn't settle for any other exhaust now I've heard it. I plan on getting a borla x pipe with headers
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

About them sounding like stock, I'm sure you have to hear them in person because the videos wont do them justice. And I probably heard that they sound like stock from people who hate on Borla because their pricey. Anyways, hopefully ill be ordering my stingers in the next few days!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

Lol when I started my car up at school with the stingers and the boss side exhaust, one kid came up to me and asked if I had straight pipes!
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post

Lol when I started my car up at school with the stingers and the boss side exhaust, one kid came up to me and asked if I had straight pipes!
I'm really considering that setup!! Do u have the cutouts that open and close?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I'm really considering that setup!! Do u have the cutouts that open and close?
I thought about just doing the cutouts towards the back, and having them aimed down towards the ground, or maybe branch off before the OTA pipes bend up, that way when I want the full range nascar type screaming sound to mess with people I could flip them open. I would just have too see about the cost in doing this and finding a shop worth having do it.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, my stingers finally came in. Installed them today in about 2 hours (my first time to work with mufflers, and there was minor troubleshooting). I cannot even but in words how nice they sound! Super deep and much louder especially WOT. I'm just running through stock H right now might be getting an o/r H in the near(ish) future. Thanks for the persuasion!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alright, my stingers finally came in. Installed them today in about 2 hours (my first time to work with mufflers, and there was minor troubleshooting). I cannot even but in words how nice they sound! Super deep and much louder especially WOT. I'm just running through stock H right now might be getting an o/r H in the near(ish) future. Thanks for the persuasion!
Just wait. They do break in! Mine have gotten deeper and sound even better than they did nearly a month ago.

Glad you like them
Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Warranty question can you add boss exhaust and borlas and keep warranty or can you only change car backs
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Warranty question can you add boss exhaust and borlas and keep warranty or can you only change car backs
No exhaust will affect your warranty unless the cats get removed. Something like a o/r x pipe or headers. Carbacks and axle backs are fine
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Ok cool I always read and just pick up on catback . Well this is inspiring me I buy new and just buy a exhaust and call it a day for 3 yrs as far as performance goes.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Aww, so I can't buy a jba offroad X without the warranty being voided? 😩
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
Aww, so I can't buy a jba offroad X without the warranty being voided? 😩
technical answer? No

possible answer? depends on your Ford Dealer. lol

since you are removing the cats which technically is illegal, they have the right to void your warranty.

now...some dealerships...if it involves work that the o/r x didn't cause, may just ask you to put the car back to stock first, and then bring it in.

others may just not care at all.

but if you want to be 100% sure that your car will be covered no matter what, then yes your warranty will be void for two reasons.

one you'll want a tune because else wise the CO2 sensors will always go off since there are no cats, two your removing the catalytic convertors.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

technical answer? No

possible answer? depends on your Ford Dealer. lol

since you are removing the cats which technically is illegal, they have the right to void your warranty.

now...some dealerships...if it involves work that the o/r x didn't cause, may just ask you to put the car back to stock first, and then bring it in.

others may just not care at all.

but if you want to be 100% sure that your car will be covered no matter what, then yes your warranty will be void for two reasons.

one you'll want a tune because else wise the CO2 sensors will always go off since there are no cats, two your removing the catalytic convertors.
CO2?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Would be o2 sensors
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Would be o2 sensors
Yeah my bad. Wrote that while I was doing something else. This is correct.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT